Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Found 8,940 reviews matching the search See all 9,090 reviews
Not a fun place to work.
Restaurant Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes FloridaJune 15, 2019
It’s wayyyy to much work for little paid. They start you up @ $9.50 an hour to work on the grill. It’s not worth it @ all. It so much hustle for little pay. You have to wash your pots and pans. Lack of communication Between employees. Poor management.
Amazing food, Great Guests, but Poor management
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 14, 2019
I enjoy Chipotles food and Establishment very much! Though the people I work with are all nice, I can not communicate well with them do to our language barrier. I am often the only primarily English speaking person on a morning shift.
Pros
Free meal when working, 50% off when not
Cons
A fast paced workplace with many different roles.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 14, 2019
Chipotle was a great experience. You are trained in your first day and encouraged to do as much as you can. The longer you work the more you learn and the more jobs you can do. Everyone can do every job and there is still a lot to do when it is not busy. Plus you get a free meal.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
You will smell like the food. It gets busy.
Fun, sometimes stressful. Lots of career advancement.
Cashier/Line Cook/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAJune 14, 2019
Chipotle is a fun, yet sometimes stressful work environment, especially when busy. One must be able to keep an attention to detail when preparing food. Entry level positions cant often lead to higher up positions.
Pros
Free employee meal
Differences..
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
Fun place to work but has its flaws. I wouldnt recommend. But it works for some just not all people . Its a nice first experience job though . Try your luck . Everyone’s experiences are different .
Pros
Free lunches, 50% Discount
Cons
10 minute break only 1, for crew workers even when working 6-7 hour shifts .
Management is TRASH
Location - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 14, 2019
Working with the other employee's were alright. Management (of course) had favorites. They timed you on everything you did (mind you Chipotle is a made fresh environment, making 6 batches of guacamole would be longer than 20 minutes, etc.) Management never spoke with you unless they were telling you off. You either won't be put on the schedule enough or not at all. Management is unprofessional and did not even tell me when I was fired (but instead told another team member to tell me). Would not recommend.
Pros
Free meal, somewhat good pay
Cons
management, owner was trash
Workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJune 14, 2019
The job was easy, I am a naturally silly and fun person and try to get the customers to enjoy their time there. The workers were all miserable and were very mean to me because they did not view my behavior as appropriate even though the manager loved me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible work environment
Fun place for work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 14, 2019
I had a great experience here. The GM I had before my new came didn’t help out as much. Now I love working here and I love the relationships I’ve constructed
Very busy but the people there make it better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 14, 2019
I only left because I had been working there for a year and some months and I felt I wasn’t compensated and I got tired of it. I worked a lot of hours and work and life balance didn’t exist it was work work work. But they pay good.
Pros
Free lunch, discount, uniform is pretty cool
Cons
Busy, have to work 6+ hours to get free lunch
Productive fast paced work environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJune 14, 2019
I learned very much at chipotle ,, everyday there’s something new to learn , it’s a lot of Multitasking but a fun but as a kitchen manager you really have to stay on top of the food safety and quality
high pace environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2019
The place requires quick paced individuals and highly trained to prepare aliments. The amount of work is underpaid compare to the salary as you are required to be involved in every possible detail of the restaurant.
One of the best
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2019
Welcoming staff, very helpful , very kind. Loved working here wish I could've continued! Plenty of room to grow which is the very best part of the job
Fun work stuff but the rushes could get kinda crazy
Chipotle Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 14, 2019
To me chipotle was like a big family everybody got along easy the work staff was kind the mangers were okay and it was easy to learn things over there we got free food on breaks so it was a cool place to work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rushes
really stressfull
Chipotle Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2019
i have worked there for 2 years still there they hire others and pay them more than the ones who been there for a while they over work you also they lack on training new managers.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough pay and fair pay
Great first job/part time hustle
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 13, 2019
I loved working for Chipotle!! I’ve worked at two different locations and honestly never wanted to leave. Management is phenomenal, hours are flexible and they’re more than willing to work around your life. Everyone is welcoming and diversity is truly celebrated. The only downside is the pay.
Pros
One free meal per shift, 50% if not working
Cons
Low pay
Productively fun workplace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2019
Chipotle was overall a very sustaining place to work. I enjoyed my daily responsibilities as a manager and as an employee. The environment was fast paced and constantly in motion so the days moved seamlessly.
Fast Paced but Unorganized.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2019
Typical day consists of prepping items ready for lunch/dinner rushes, clean as you go in a fast paced environment. Many entry positions to learn if interesting in cooking or customer service. Management is very unstable and unorganized on the admin side, for example scheduling comes out late and training is not planned well. Hardest part of the job is miscommunication between the team and management leading to problems. Most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing the end of a shift without any problems.
Pros
Free lunches, paid break, benefits, tuition reimbursment
Cons
little to no communication between general management and shift leads, unstable schedules
Friendly co-workers, great managers, and amazing food
Crew Member (Prep) (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 13, 2019
A typical day was calm and goal oriented. The managers would keep everyone motivated and lend a helping hand if anyone needed it. The most enjoyable part of the job would be lunch break and closing. The day would come to a stop and everyone would help each other complete their closing shift tasks to make sure that everything is done correctly and to leave as quickly as possible
Work any where else
APPRENTICE GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 13, 2019
sometimes i was required to work 70 hours a week, in the chipotle world, salary managers are free labor so don't expect any change in your check just because you worked more than your 40 hrs. environment is extremely stressful. they suffocate you with ecosure every second. most locations are understaffed so you do the work of 3 as one person. field leaders dont address your concerns or care about your opinions. managers are in several mandatory group chats with their field leaders and you have to reply. they text you from 7am-11pm every day, so don't think just because your off, your really off. your 24/7 attention is required at chipotle. CHIPOTLE WILL CONSUME YOU!
Free meal at every shift!
Can't say (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJune 13, 2019
Too many high school kids working. Those with no clue what good work ethics are. Management somewhat disorganized. I will say though that the food is very fresh and measures are taken on clean gloves at all times!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
43K
32.2K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight