Chippenham Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
CHAPLAIN-PRN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Enjoyed interacting with the patients, their families and the staff of Chippenham. Great place to work. Would have loved to work more hours and have a higher salary.
Great place to work poor management
Ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 29, 2017
The management is an issue. Would definitely work for Chippenham again. They really need to take a look at the people in charge. Worked in the ultrasound department and the manager was the most horrible person I have ever dealt with. What a lazy bossy incompetent individual. Fire “D” and maybe you will have a return in employees or at least be able to keep some
Pros
Good pay good place to work
Cons
The supervisor “Deb”
Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 3, 2017
Management has really brought the morale of the staff down. Your voice is never heard, management speaks to you without respect nor shows any signs of appreciation for the hard work that is put in on a daily basis. She reigns supreme and refuses to allow anyone to attempt to make changes. Her dictatorship is favored by higher ups so therefore complaints are useless.
Cons
No lunch break, short staffed
It was a great place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2017
I loved my job but if you had a problem management wouldn't help you they would try they're best to make it seem like your the problem and no teamwork
Pros
Free lunch
Busy days
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2017
Like most hospitals, Chippenham is short staffed for nursing care. Nurses are overwhelmed and underpaid. My coworkers were amazing and the were the main reason I stayed for as long as I did.
Work Life
Chippenham MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2017
Working at Chippenham was a very stressful environment. Management micromanages entirely too much it makes it impossible to get the job done with someone breathing down your neck. I will say that co-workers are very delightful very eager to assist you in any aspects with in the job.
Pros
Great colleges
Cons
Terrible management
would not work here
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23225August 18, 2017
i would not work here again. The management was awful and rude. workers were under paid and under appreciated, not worth the waste of gas to get to and from
Productive and educational.
OR-Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2017
It's challenging kind of work using nursing knowledge and practice.Everyday we have different OR cases. We do assessment before we start our case and communication to the patient, family, and the whole medical and surgical team are very important part of the success of the procedure. Our practice in nursing in the OR is safety to the patient and the team making sure that everything is followed according to the standard and policy of the hospital.We have a good working relationship in our department and we have great opportunity to learn in each case.Most our cases is unique in it's own way, and we manage to finish on time with great success.
I enjoyed a lot while working in the unit though we have some minimal problems and difficulties encountered along the way.
If we met some problems while working, we have lots of resources wherein we could ask for to help us out solving our problems. I know it's hard at the start,but as I continue to work I was able to build confidence in my job knowing that everyday there is always a challenge encountered..The hardest part of the job I encountered is the first month of the training but the good thing is i have also a good preceptor which help me a lot to learn everything.
Pros
Break is on time
Cons
It's always busy
Chipp
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2017
It was a stepping stone for me, so I thought, but after a while I figured out that I no longer had the desire to want to become a nurse anymore. I'm glad I figured that out before going any further.
productive , you will always learn something new there
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2017
you will always learn something new everyday , the people there are always nice when i get in there and start pulling charts some of my co worker will help me with if they notice when there is a large volume of records waiting for me to analyze. i also have to fax records out to doctor office as. then my next step is to help doctor pull there records to by sign and log in record. the best part of my job is when i can get a doctor that has a large amount of records to get off our pending, that can also be the hardest part of my job too.
Pros
great people, learning experience
Cons
long hour, large volume of work
A good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoy my time their at Chippenham Hospital/ I got meet different people from different part of the world/ the work experience was a learning lesson/
Pros
They show appreciation for the housekeepers& give awards for there hard work
Cons
Lunch break to short
Former RN from Peds floor.
RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2016
Working on the 7th floor of Chipenham with the kids was amazing. Truly the most rewarding job in my life. The staff of that particular floor is phenomenal. You will not find better co-workers. They are there to support you in your work and life. The kids of course are always my favorite to take care of. It's very rewarding making a difference in a child and families life. This job allows for that.
Pros
The co-workers, physicians, staff, management are amazing.
Cons
Long hours, little support from the hospital because Peds is not a " money maker"
Great beginning work place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2016
Chippenham has taught me a lot at a steady pace with great coworkers in environment. Coworkers easy to get a long with and help make the day go by quickly.
Productive and a fun place to work at. I've learned so much.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2016
Usually I would first go tot Volunteer services to sign myself in and possibly do a few errands such as discharging patients, giving out urine tests, delivering flowers, etc. Then I would go down to HR and help out at the front desk taking appointments, filing, using the telephone, doing insurance and providing the patients information. I would also organize files and make name tags for the new employees. Faxing and Scanning things were things I would do most of the time. The people I worked with very positive and very friendly.
Pros
Free lunches & great co-workers
Cons
N/a
Disorganized and disinterested management
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Tucker PavilionMarch 25, 2016
The morale at Chippenham/Tucker Pavilion is very poor. Staff are dropping like flies and complaints are rampant about not having enough staffing for it to be safe for patients and employees. Management is unhelpful and don't appear to care about morale, employee development or safety. Pay scale is poor and there is a lot of turnover.
Pros
Some good nurses and other staff
Cons
management disengagement
Pharmacy Automation Technician
Pharmacy Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Working at Chippenham for eight years and in this role for the past four years requires a lot of time and energy.
Management at Chippenham pharmacy was very difficult to work with in this role and they had no consideration for your time. You will work a lot of hours in this role so if you have a family please consider this.
I was responsible for 100% of the automation role even though I worked in the role 50% of the time and the other time I staffed because we didn't have anyone.A lot of people have left the company and a lot were let go. It's a roller coaster ride that I'm so happy I was able to get off.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Chippenham hospital was a great place to work, my boss was awesome and he made you wanted to work hard

A typical day is very busy and fast paced with constant changes in assignment. Management would pull you from task to assist other co-workers when needed and necessary
Pros
rewards
Cons
self disappointment
Really stressful place to work
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2016
The Radiologists are great, but that's where it ends. Management is less than adequate and does not listen or get things resolved when there is a problem or an issue.
PRN position small unit with low patient census
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Hardest part was getting adjusted to feeling unwelcomed as a newcomer from other nurses and controlling coworkers, most enjoyable part is working with the children
A day at work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 5, 2015
Fun place to work for with supportive management. Great benefits insurance wise, I love my co-workers and my boss. Overall, a pretty relaxing enviroment.

Comment – December 14, 2015

What a joke, supportive management? More like favortism, and only looking out for yourself. The most stressful job I've ever had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chippenham Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Chippenham Hospital Reviews by Location