CHIPPEWA VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

really tested your skills
Very hands on person (Former Employee) –  Stanley, WIApril 3, 2018
CVTC really tested your skills of the mind it was a lot of time work and dedication. I have over the time of a year put in all my efforts to get to where I am today.
Great place to take classes
Field Training Officer School (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 1, 2018
Enjoy taking job advancement classes; great instructors; great course selection; Great prices on courses; Variety of dates and times make it easy to work with other schedules.
Fun and great work environment
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 27, 2017
Chippewa Valley Technical College is a great place to work at. They have very supportive team and good communications between the different departments.
Blissful
Book Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 22, 2017
Very fun managers, i miss them that's how much fun they are, not a stressful job at all, lots of laughs, it helps develop your communication skills as you'll have to interact with a lot of students.
Great Place to Work- Family Feel
Employee (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 15, 2017
My summary says it all. It's a great place to work, and i feel fortunate to have the opportunity to work with such talented people. There are many opportunities to make a difference.
Great working enviroment
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 22, 2017
I have found cvtc to be a rewarding and challenging place to work.a diverse population of people made it an interesting place to work at learning many new and interesting cultures.I have made life long friendships with students and staff.cvtc strives to be a number one technical college and provides a great working environment .
Pros
Great staff ...... Good retirement program....flexible time off
Cons
Ratio of supervisors to workers
Horrible place to work
Enterprise Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 25, 2017
It is a cancerous place to work. No one is happy to work there and they treat each other horribly. Management is so out of touch with their subordinates and are not able to direct or help themselves, let alone their staff.
Pros
Tech Support is fantastic and so helpful
Cons
The ineptitude of the Executives
This was a great opportunity for me.
Institutional Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2016
They have a great atmosphere. All of the faculty I worked with, which was a lot, were very nice. I got to work on a project pretty much on my own. The other members of the institutional department were there if I had any questions or help. This internship helped me with my speaking in front of people, due to administering the survey in almost 40 classes. I also was able to create a process manual, which I have never done before. My supervisor gave me the chance to do it on my own and see what I could come up with.
Productive place to learn new tasks
Records & Registration Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 19, 2016
Maintained student records through Broadband
Filed, coped, and scanned in documents
Any other side jobs as needed
This was one of my favorite places to work. Not only did I understand the work the people were great.
Open campus, good benefits
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 10, 2015
Benefits and welcoming fellow faculty are great. Be prepared to work long hours outside of normal work hours. Pay is lower but they allow flexibility in hours.
Pros
Benefits, friendly staff
Cons
Politics and personalities of managment
great working environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 31, 2015
A professional work environment. Very good culture and support. Instructors are support with development opportunities. Supports quality work life balance and management is easy to work with.
Enjoyed it
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2015
Enjoyed working with the students and co-workers. I enjoyed some of my co-workers more then others. The students were wonderful.
great place to learn and grow your network
Work Study (Former Employee) –  River Falls, WIFebruary 11, 2015
I loved working with all of the different instructors. They are kind, enthusiastic, and love teaching their students new skills.
Great School Great Teachers
Assistant to Industrial Mechanics Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 9, 2015
This was my work study, I got to do some design and layout for the Industrial Mechanics department at CVTC in Eau Claire. very flexible schedule, perfect for students. Find the right teacher student fit and you will love it. I got to work with some great people and stretch my legs in areas I would not have gotten the chance other wise.
Pros
Make your own schedule, opportunity
Cons
limited hours
Great class to teach Oral Communication Skills
Adjunct Communications Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 14, 2014
Adjunct Communications Instructor

Instruction focuses upon developing speaking, verbal and nonverbal communication, and listening skills through individual presentations, group activities, and other projects.
Pros
Smaller classroom settings
Cons
N/a
Dedicated to the community
Adjunct Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIOctober 23, 2014
Very focused on meeting the needs of the community in which it serves. Dedicated staff and support made it a great environment to serve in.
Working as a sub was a great experience.
Temporary, Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Barber/Cosmetology InstructorOctober 16, 2014
Working for Chippewa Valley Technical College as a sub Instructor was great. I taught in the Salon assisting students with all practical portions relating to client services.
Pros
Great pay and working environment
Cons
short time- limited.
Great work envirnment with warm and friendly staff
Academic Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 9, 2013
• Educational demonstrations, models, and displays
• Coordinate student events
• Assist students in need with disabilities with coarse work and exams
• Assist professor with course work, experimentation, and data entry
Pros
Flexible hours, muliple career options, rewarding, weekends off
Great place to work!
Program Director/Academy Director (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 27, 2013
The atmosphere is great! The students are great to work with and my fellow employees have been outstanding!!
friendly atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 8, 2013
I enjoy working at CVTC because of the energy and atmosphere of the staff and leadership.