CHIPS Employee Reviews

Line leader (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 2, 2019
I would refer them to anyone. They are very understanding and would work with you through any situation if they can help. They pay is just right and the work is not hard at all. Anyone if they wanted to learn can work here.
Pros
Understanding
fun
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2018
I think chips is a great place to eat and work I give it an 8, The pay is not great the traffic is heavy it is fast paced,They should pay people accordig to their titles and not according to how long they have been working there.
Chips
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJune 21, 2017
The typical day at work was relaxing and mostly laid back except for when rush hours came through. The people were nice and made it a comfortable place to work in.
Creative campaigns to increase Ratings and Revenues
Founder/President (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 1, 2017
The experience of the management team is Top Notch ... they will do whatever it takes to impress their clients by over delivering on their promises to increase station ratings and revenues
Pros
Very creative, hands-on environment
Cons
You work until the job is done ... no clock watching here .. but the days fly by!
A fun place to volunteer at
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Erwin, TNSeptember 9, 2016
the people are fun to work with.you help domestic violence victims. all the money goes to the local domestic violence shelter.the hardest job there is caring in the donations.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Assisted in all area of the soup kitchen from preparation to clean up.fun fast paced environment, always left with a good feeling helping the people in need.
Productive and fun when work is available
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYMay 11, 2016
I Would like to stay at this job But I have a Family and myself to support. I liked my coworkers, I just don't like when the work slows down cant afford to live this way.
Cons
Slow downs at certain times of year
A good first time learning job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 30, 2016
I cashed out poker chips and customers. The customers treated you horribly which made for long days. If i spoke to management about it, they retaliated by changing my schedule to work more than I documented i could. My coworkers were managable and helped get work done when needed.The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how many different people came to the casino.
Pros
discounted meals, tips
Cons
new management never listened to employees
Hostess, waitress
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  La Center, WashingtonApril 7, 2015
Seating/serving guests, housekeeping, taking orders. Since there was not many customers on the graveyard shift, I cleaned and detailed the dinning room.
Fast paced and positive enviroment
saw operator (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MANovember 13, 2013
Inspect product at incoming for cleanliness and defects.Prepare product wafers for taping prior to saw. Work closely with Quality Manager. Develop a process that produces a clean, and high end product yield. Maintain water resistivity daily readings and daily product logs.Adhere to customer specs. Arrange all matenance of saw lab equipment. Inventory supplies.Directly involved in customer and vendor relations. I know my daily responsibilities,and the manager allows me to manage my lab on my own, as long as product flow is maintained. The most difficult part is the Sales department take in a client with a product material that I have no knowledge of.
CHIPS is a small Family business over the years there has been about up to 40 employees on 3 shifts 6 days per week. At present I believe only 4 to 8 employees are on payroll. CHIPS has been unstable financially for about 6 years.The company is a great fun place to work. Everyone gets along great!! We do all our own cleaning... even the bathrooms.
Pros
FUN place to be..Everyone gets along great! Independant working enviroment.
Cons
Medical coverage is extremely high.
Very efficient services to Client.
Volunteer- Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2013
It is always an hectic day, when you have to deal with all types of peronalities,
cashier/stock
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Bridge Street, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601February 20, 2013
I have worked at chips for 2 years. You meet a lot of interesting people and talk with different types of people. he staff help each other which is outstanding and we all care about each other and talk outside of work to where we have became friends. Over all a very good place to work.
The hardest part of the job is stocking the coolers and everything else but when you work together is not that bad.
The easiest is helping and assisting the customer who come thru the drive thru and walk up to the back door.
great owners
Manager (Former Employee) –  merrill wiJanuary 11, 2013
they treated their employees very well the emplyees are happy the owners work with you not just sitting behined a desk
Pros
fee meals great bonuses
Cons
no heath care
I love working at Chips best food in town
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIJune 19, 2012
I love just about everything about my job except i wish we got paid more, and our managment is terrible.
Pros
paid breaks along with free food.
Cons
we need a new manager, the managment is horrible.