Chipton Ross Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Experimental Machinist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 29, 2018
Highly skilled, competitive, work atmosphere. Customers demanded perfection. Slight pressure, but fair. Acquired a lot of knowledge from experienced Machinist.
Pros
Gained knowledge of up to date programming.
Cons
Lacked experience.
Didn't really like the job.
Work Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 14, 2018
They are more like head hunters than anything else. You will get paid as a contractor, which means a check every week. The downside is that you are not going to get any benefits.
Pros
lunch
Cons
healthcare
Great for contract professional in the aerospace industry.
Portfolio & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 21, 2018
Excellent support - pays weekly. This is a good company for aerospace professionals who want to work on contract basis. Getting paid weekly is a plus!
Pros
Free to grow you skills
Cons
Non
I was always contacted about benefits and my direct contact was always available and answered all my questions and requests
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Great Agency to work for. Fair and always available to answer questions on benefits or employment. They provided website for on line access to benefit information and Tax documents. Pay check was weekly and there were never any issues.
Ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2017
Typical contract position and agency. Learned about handling flight line and was interesting to see the airplanes being built. Management was terrible and the work outside was grueling.
Workplace Culture
Procurement Analyst / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 26, 2017
Chipton Ross is a temp agency. I enjoyed working with the company to get my foot in to my current job. The personnel there are extremely helpful and professional.
Pros
Quick job placement
Cons
No cons
Contract
Human Resources Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 9, 2017
Contract, no job security, very low pay for the work provided. Health Insurance laughable. No 401k no vacation Client site working conditions are great.
Pros
Client Site
Cons
Recruiters, Pay, Communication
Easy to work with
Contract Labor working at Boeing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2017
Chipton Ross is an excellent contract labor company to work with. during two of my layoff times at Boeing they were able to get me back into Boeing where I was able to be hired back at Boeing on a permanent basis. They were great.
Pros
easy to work with
Good Paying Temp Job
various teller duties (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 29, 2017
Checking/ Savings Deposits
Loan Payments
Answer Phones
Open Accounts
Greet member when they walked in.
Open Cd
Open IRA
Poor management
Lack of communication, Poor training
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Temp Work
I worked at Newport News Shipbuilders
Mechanical Designer/Inventor 3D Modeler (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 5, 2017
I worked on a 10 month contract at a shipbuilding company - very interesting - we got to tour an aircraft carrier. The office overlooked the shipyard.
Aircraft Composites Technician (Former Employee) –  Cecil Field Naval Air Station, FLJuly 30, 2017
good working environment but there was not enough overtime. the people there were ok but alot of tough politics that were questionable among the workers
Pros
close to everything
Cons
not enough overtime
Well balanced, ability to jump in and do whatever is necessary, detailed, organized, team player, fun and ability to get along with others.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 3, 2017
Well balanced, ability to jump in and do whatever is necessary, detail oriented, organized, team player, fun and ability to get along well with others.
Great place to work.
Admin Functional Support (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 7, 2017
-love working with patients......although the work may be repetitive I see different patients every day and that's what makes my day because I see new faces all the time.
-my job is to ensure that complete there yearly physicals and that the flow for each department in running smoothly.
-ensure that every patient receives the correct documentation when arriving for there appointment.....this is done by preparing the paperwork the day before.
-multiktasking is a big requirement for this job
-I enjoy coming to work and meeting new people
Pros
flexiability
Cons
its a leasing position so your job assignment could end at anytime
Productive place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed the company and the individuals that I worked with, management, supervisors all included in the projects were well educated and showed professionalism at all times
Pros
very quite atmosphere, work at your pace
Cons
the contracts were to short, less than a year
Chipton Ross
AH-64 General Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245April 1, 2017
Enjoyed working for Chipton Ross. They were a great contractor to work for. I did not have any trouble and seem to be there for the Contract workers.
never knows anything
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 8, 2017
They seem unfamiliar with the procedures of working with the customer who contracts them. A lot of confusion with the employer when issues arise with place of employment.
Long hours, but very well paid
Manufacturing Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 7, 2016
While with Chipton-Ross I was contracted to work at the Boeing SC plant. I was well paid, but I was also working 12 hours a day for either 6 or 7 days a week. I loved the money but I didn't really care to be at work 70-80 hours a week. Other than that everything was great. I got along with everyone and the work was easy (very repetitive, but still easy).
Pros
Very well paid
Great contract experience
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2016
I took my first contract job with Chipton Ross and it has been a fantastic experience. Never met anyone from Chipton but I was taken care of via email and over the phone very easily. Only a 2 month assignment for me and I wish there was another one. Great experience so far.
Great place to work for!
Logistic Supply Technician (JSOC) (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 22, 2016
It was a great experience to work for this company. I didn't have any real problems to report. I wish I could have kept this job , but it was a temp job!
Pros
cool employees
Cons
no really
Great contract employment company!
Technical Designer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 1, 2016
Chipton-Ross has always been good to me and respond to questions/requests promptly. They are based in another state and have never met anyone from corporate though. I work with several other CR employees. The most uncomfortable thing I would say is that there is no accrued vacation time, so financial planning is a must. Especially if the company you are working for has holiday shutdowns. You do get a "bonus" after you have worked 2000 hours, which is a week's pay, so essentially that would be your pay for the week if you took a vacation.
Pros
Great pay, flexible work schedule, accomodating
Cons
no accrued vacation or sick pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipton Ross. Our community is ready to answer.