Choate Construction

Working at Choate Construction: 22 Reviews

United States22 reviews

workgreatchoatecompanymanagementplacefamilyenjoy

Awesome company

I enjoyed working at Choate. Very well organized. Always have backup and solutions for any problem. Very supportive of their onsite field staff. Excellent work ethic.

Pros

Awesome people

I enjoyed working at Choate for about 13 years

When I first started at Choate there wasn't much training in place for new hires but over the years they vastly improved their training protocols. The people whom I worked with were mostly very pleasant and several of them became my friends. I wouldn't trade my experience there for anything.

Choate Construction insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Engaging, fun and educational

Good place to work. Management was responsive and co-workers were supportive. A true family environment. Company functions were plentiful and enjoyable for the entire family.

Pros

Friendly and colabrative managers and co-workers

Cons

Long days

productive construction

Fast paced, well organized, clean cut men, ready for set up as soon as we pull up to the job site, easy going, always ready for a new challenge, getting dirty every time you work.

Pros

breaks

Cons

paying for own lunches

Stay away

This place is toxic do not go there. Management is only worried about the bottom line they do not care about the culture or its employees.............

Pros

Cons

All you can image

Office manager

Was in charge of 50+ employee's, 1099's billing, payroll, taxes, maintaining and distribution weekly schedules. scheduling meetings,answering phones, file set up, taking calls and schuduling meetings

Two for One

You will get two years experience for every year spent at Choate. You will learn lots of different positions because they run lean and don't have huge staffs on jobs.

Tough Company

Keeping This Contract Open Was An Hassle, But It Was Done. They Paid Well. There Word Was Good. After The Project Was Finished. I Actually Enjoyed This Contract.

Very professional environment

Great place to work and the employees feel appreciated and they go out of their way to make you feel like family. So this makes it more than just a place to work.

Pros

Free gym memberhsip

Cons

commute

Loved Choate

First outside job after active duty. Enjoyed everyone I worked with and they really took time to show me the civilian side of life (again). Had to move, but I would have loved to have had the opportunity to grow with the company.

Pros

Fun workplace

Great place to work.

Please see resume for daily responsibilities and review. Great team management. Great workplace culture. Greatest part were all jobs were locally.

Nice place to work for management excellent friendly atmosphere great location

A friendly atmosphere great management to work for a place that will give the promotions to the people that deserve them and wants them. Management works with people with problems family problems financial problems at cetera.

Pros

Great location flexible hours

Cons

Not knowing what the job ahead have for you

Great company

Nice place to work great experience friendly co workers travel great start off pay no experience required will train you excellent room to grow the hardest part is the hours. If the opportunity occurs I would love to work for this company again. It is a company that allows a person to grow within the company and with the company.

Pros

Perfect work environment friendly atmosphere free lunches.

Cons

Relocating from job to job

Great company to work for

My experience included a family type atmosphere, room for growth, competitive pay and an Owner that associates with you on a daily basis.

Great Company

Choate Construction Company is a wonderful company with a productive environment, great leadership and opportunity for growth. The co-workers are extremely enjoyable to work with. The Owner is very personable and supportive of all employees.

Great Place

I liked working at Choate, They are cool people. I work at a new complex on President Street my job is cleaning the units getting them ready for guest

Pros

The fun

Cons

one break

Hands on heads up job,first rate safety record.

Fast paced,first stop,site office to check daily projects look at blue prints,to get diminsions, and or measurements. asiagn crews to different jobs. Layout different areas to work on. Most of the crews were latino,some of them could not speak English. Two brothers provided great translation services for me.One day I got into a footing to clean and level the bottom and two of my crew ran over,one grabbed the shovel from me and the one who spoke perfect english said you are the boss,you don't shovel dirt. you already have enough to do!

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Working outside in cold nasty weather

Work Here

Great company to work for. The guys up top have been around since the beginning and they want everyone they hire to advance to bigger roles and make more $. They also expect you to WORK... But that's a lot easier to do with a company who makes it worth your while!

Pros

Not scared of overtime

Cons

Not scared of overtime....

Well managed companys

Outstanding projects, but intra-company politics interfer with executing and performance

Pros

great upper management

Cons

middle management politics

O.K. place to work

The office mananger liked to do the 5 p.m. rounds to see who was still working and watch the halls to see what time you left, it did not matter when you came in. The office environment and work hours did not respect family time.I was pressured to compromise my morals and values.Work out site the office (job sites) was rewarding.

Hard charging and demanding work environment

Very procedural, but a throw you in - sink or swim - approach with minimal training. Accounting drives operations and acts as Sargent at arms to deal with procedural deficiency. Does not tolerate even minor oversights or late submissions without issuing pointed reprimand. Flat management pyramid and middle management wears a lot of hats with little support. Requires a lot of hours beyond the normal work week continuously to accomplish all job demands. The upside is you learn a lot from doing everything.

Pros

chance for bonuses

Cons

easy to burn out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choate Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Choate Construction with

Learn about Choate Construction in popular locations

Choate Construction reviews by popular job title

• Choate Construction