CHOC Children's Employee Reviews

Fair
Receptionist for the CEO of CHOC (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 24, 2018
I only worked in this position for 1 week. The travel to and from work was over 2 hours a day and not what I was willing to continue with. Answer phones, meet and greet, make badges, answer phones, take messages, Learning employees names and titles was the most difficult.
Pros
Professional
Cons
little training
this was an upaid summer internship
Lead MI3 Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 22, 2018
This was a really great learning opportunity. Got to shadow doctors and attend mentoring sessions with doctors. Loved it and great fun. Would recommend.
Professional workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 21, 2018
Great place to work, there is always something different going on. I take pride in working with in this organization. As an employee I do feel that we are respected.
important work
Clinical Lab Scientist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 20, 2018
It's a good place to work due to the profession that is so important. But there are lots of politics involved that compromises the patient care actually. Improvement is needed but it is hard.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Too much women
Good place to learn pediatric fundamentals
RN Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 2, 2018
Patient and family focused, collaborative environment, always improving, but pay is not competitive. The management is budget focused, sometimes at the detriment of nursing care
Pros
Patient care is really good
Cons
Pay and management
Awesome Doctors to work with
Clinical Research Coordinator/MA (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 1, 2018
It was a pleasure working with amazing doctors. I always looked forward in helping our patients and their families. The hardest part of my job was seeing patients struggle with terminal diseases and unable to find a cure.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
recurrent turn around in HR management for specialty clinics, underpaid employees
Many Changes, but Quality of Care Perseveres
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Revenue CycleApril 23, 2018
CHOC has been through many managerial/director level changes throughout the years, some good, some bad.

Overall, this is a great place to work. CHOC does care about their associates.
Pros
Many Changes, but Quality of Care Perseveres
Many Changes, but Quality Perseveres
Sr. Coding Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 23, 2018

Overall, this is a great place to work. CHOC does care about their associates.
Pros
Excellent quality of care, clinical leadership is phenomenal
Great
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 11, 2018
Loved working here! I believe in the mission of the Children’s Hospital of Orange County, and I believe that they perform it very well. I would recommend this place for any child seeking medical advice because the staff are just lovely!
Pros
Provided lunch
Cons
No cons
Emotionally-draining environment
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 9, 2018
Catty environment filled with emotional and mental abuse by co-workers. Strict and unnecessary rules. Employees don't feel valued.
The patients are great but your co-workers are unprofessional due to very young people being hired. Very immature and cliquey.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
depressing work environment
Productive program with opportunity to grow
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 4, 2018
I loved my volunteer work here. Everyone was so welcoming and willing to help me learn. I’d recommend this to anyone who wants to learn about the medical field as well as just give back to the community.
Excellent place to work
NICU RN (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMarch 31, 2018
It is not easy to get hired at CHOC at Mission. You need a BSN, several years of experience, and you need to be willing to continue learning and changing as the knowledge base of your specialty changes. If you aren't new to nursing and don't mind improving your practice every year, then this is one of the best places I can think of to work.

The atmosphere is positive, the work is not overwhelming, and the co-workers are truly wonderful people. A few years ago the management went through Journey to Excellence training, and the outcome has been stellar. Staff are recognized as vital to improving the care of patients, and supported in their passion to do so.
good
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 29, 2018
fair not a good management on the transfer but good to learn another place and good for life experience poor positive attitude only the clinic if you go to hospital is a different world most of the personnel have humanity and respect for each other
Great staff
LVN II (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 25, 2018
On-boarding process (interviewing, offer, orientation) can take months.

Always understaffed = overworked employees.

I've met some of the best people I know working here.
I love choc
CVICU RN (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 24, 2018
Loved working here because they encouraged growth and personal development. Working here takes a special person because your caring for the most precious possession they have.
Pros
Children
Cons
Death
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 23, 2018
Good place to work, but non-profit status doesn't allow for competitive pay for most employees. Great atmosphere and culture, positive and fun-loving on most occasions
OK place to work
Administrative Assistant, Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 12, 2018
Years ago it was a great place to work when employees felt valued. Now it appears to be all about revenue. Management spends so much time and money hiring these outside companies to make things better, but nothing ever seems to come of it.
Love my job
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 1, 2018
My experience was nothing less than stellar. All jobs have issues and CHOC is not the exception but I love the place and the people. The work experience is amazing and the staff in the ED is family.
The staff that I talked with and saw on a daily basis.
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Management throughout the hospital is poor. I have gone through five department directors in my department alone. Directors do not seem to last and those that are still directors are not well organized. Just recently, three technicians are leaving within the next three weeks.

The staff that I have engaged in while during my tenure were fantastic. That is one huge positive outcome of working at CHOC and they turned into friendships.
Inpatient Pharmacy
Pharmacy Buyer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 20, 2018
CHOC pharmacy is a high paced patient specific organization. As a technician you will gain experience with batch fills, stat order fills, investigational medication preparation and delivery, enzyme preparation and delivery, and hazardous medication fill and delivery. You will handle Pyxis fills of controlled and non-controlled medications. The environment is family like, everyone has their own way dealing with day to day pharmacy needs but over all everyone is easy to get a long with. The management is great and always put the staffs needs as a high priority.
Pros
Pto, Medical Benefits
Cons
Standing for long periods.