Choice Home Warranty Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work at. STAY AWAY!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 30, 2019
I’ve been with this company for 7 months now, and quit due to the stress and drama of working there. The manager was always away and out of reach. The hours were good at first then they declined for everyone for some reason. I always met my quota every day yet i would be under pressure to do more. They hire and fire people all the time, its rediculous. And beware of the question, “ how much did you make at your last job?”. I said $10 and thats how much they paid me per hour. Everyone who was in customer service had different salaries. Some had $13 or $12. So if you do decide to go here and they ask you this question say a high salary or you’ll be stuck. In conclusion i do not recomend this job to anyone. Your better off at target.
Pros
Breaks and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Very childish
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Very childish and high school work place drama everywhere management very crooked between customers and employees by the time you clock in you will be stressed
Don't work for this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 1, 2018
I would highly suggest that you think twice before you work for this company. The Benefits package is horrible, there is no human resouces department and managment is unprofessional.
Pros
Free water
Cons
No 401k, Inadequate vacation time, Medical Plan is horrible
Bad Reviews Mean They Got Fired to each its own
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 18, 2018
Honestly it isn't a bad job, but they are super busy and let's be honest there ethics aren't so good when it comes to consumers, but most jobs are like that.

I worked there for 6 months and within that time frame I got promoted to a level two claims supervisor at the time but since switching things around I never had the chance but still received my $2 raise.

Day to day is sitting on the phones and answering calls
The job itself is easy it's the customer you want to spit on that makes it hard when there incredibly rude. My supervisor was awesome! There are a few and the people are okay. Only reason I left was because I've been in the call center 5 years and was looking for something different than just sitting on the phones all day I mean I have a bachelors degree and wanted to put it to use otherwise if offered a management role j would have stayed. Every job is annoying you just have to find what job is so annoying that's it's worth it.

If your quiet and don't talk you may go unnoticed UNLESS your quiet and skilled then you will not go unnoticed I was quiet asf and got noticed by my work ethic so again it's really up to you.

Attendance is key. If your on time everyday then you don't have to worry about being fired even if your late on breaks or lunches. If your late everyday like I was lol then you'll be on thin ice. If your good at what you do be patient and you'll be rewarded

If your liked he'll yeah it helps moving up because your being noticed duhh that's any job place

At the end of the day it's a job you either like call centers or you don't but
  more... I can say at least they do promote within they really mean that but they won't hesitate to fire you if your late, rude to customers on the phone like being all ratchet talking to them.

Sorry for rhe long review im always looking for the real scoop so i Hope this helps
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short breaks ans lunches. No room to use the bathroom without goin over break
a not so great place for some great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 7, 2018
the best part? your coworkers, these are some fun characters that help the day go by faster. Management could be way better, there are some that literally do not listen to your concerns and then there are some who truly care about your growth (if you care that is). each manager has their own idea of how things are run. hardest part? The customers are allowed to disrespect and belittle you and you have to sit there and take it (you're reprimanded if stand up for yourself). I wouldn't say this is hard but things are constantly changing so some times it can be hard to keep up but it also keeps things exciting in a sense. I don't have any other call center experience to compare to but others have said most call centers are NOT like that. I've seen employees who basically started with CHW fired for something silly or even embarrassingly demoted. I would not recommend the job to others unless you are truly desperate for money. Extremely strict on attendance (they even start taking out your pay if you're over too much on breaks/lunches). If you need money and are in between jobs or something then yes, but I would not expect to last long. They're also weird on over time; sometimes they want you stay all day and then others its like pulling teeth to stay another hour. They are flexible with your schedule (if they like you) if you're one of the good employees, i will say that
Pros
holiday party, incentives
Cons
short breaks, no weekends off
Look upCHW reviews on google.com.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 26, 2018
Look at CHW reviews on google.com. This home warranty company is rated poorly for customer satisfaction. Let’s just say their policy is in Choice Home Warranty’s favor, so you WILL be speaking with angry customers 80% of the time of your work day.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Unsatisfied customers.
Room to grow.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 10, 2018
Choice home warranty is a great work place to be able to learn how to be better and to grow. I am so happy to be a part of choice home warranty team.
Thank you.
Pros
Feedback
Family environment
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Have been at choice for 6 years started as a rep and worked my way up to management. My coworkers have become my family. The busy environment makes it so the day goes by fast and you are never bored! love coming to work every day! =)
Pros
Great people
Cons
No 401k match
Company Review
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 6, 2018
choice home warranty is a fast paced work environment that takes inbound calls the employees are great and management are easy to talk to. The company provides arcade games,pool table, sofa, cable tv, vending machines and coffee in the lounge room
Pros
great benefits
Cons
can get stressful at times due to it being so fast paced
This company isn't that great.
Customer Service Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 11, 2018
Poor management and poor training. I would not recommend working at this company. I think that they could improve on they way that they try to train people.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Poor management and poor training.
Productive and fun place with games
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 4, 2018
It was a fun atomsphere work at. We handled over 1,000 of calls a day. It was a up and coming growing company. The supervisors were great. And tried to make it a family atomsphere.
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 15, 2018
I would not recommend this job! Management was extremely poor, they would promote you and not give you the raise associated with the promotion. This company is all about favoritism and there is no stability at all.
its ok
Resolutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 4, 2018
sometimes very stressful.you can advance but only but so far. you can be qualified as ever but if they feel as though they need you to stay in a certain position to make a certain department excel, you won't be promoted.
Fun place to work. Great organisation. Ever expanding.
Senior Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 30, 2018
Great company to work for.
Great people at all levels.
Wonderful management support.
Flexible work schedule.
Growth opportunity.
Paid overtime always available.
PTO and sick days offered.
Easy access to management
Lunch and break room with coffee machine and recreational games .
Good health care benefits,dental and 401k.
Pros
fast growth opportunity, friendly work environment, flexible schedules
Fast growing company with room for advancement
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 30, 2018
CHW is a great place to work. I started working here may of 2017. Since I've been here i have been awarded employee of the month as well as rookie of the year. Hard work and determination to succeed absolutely does not go unnoticed here. I was previously a diesel mechanic and never imagined i would ever love working for a company like CHW, but i have never been this happy and enthused to come to work. If you are a technical person and like a challenge with plenty of room for advancement in a rapidly growing company then CHW will be a great fit for you. Making the jump from the field to CHW was one of the best things i ever could have done. I highly recommend giving this company a chance. You won't regret it!
Pros
sick days, paid time off, multiple breaks throughout the day, awesome break room with pool table and arcade games, support from staff and supervisors whenever needed.
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 28, 2018
I enjoy working at Choice Home Warranty. Steady hours overtime offered during busy seasons. If you work hard and show that you are reliable you won't go unnoticed. Since I started working here I've always felt appreciated. Competitive pay rates. Lots of opprortunity to advance. Management is fair and consistent. Good benefits. Relaxed work environment.
Pros
Great management team, competitve pay, benefits, paid time off
Cons
Sitting at desk most of the day
Excellent company to work for!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 27, 2018
I have been working for Choice Home Warranty for the past 3 years.
I could not be happier and as a matter of fact this has been one of the best places to work since I moved to Jersey from New York.
Like in any other place of work, there will always be stress and sometimes some days will be tougher than others but the reality is that the same thing will happen anywhere.
The atmosphere at Choice Home Warranty is great and everyone is very friendly. There are many incentives to the employees and the company is very understanding with employee's family and personal issues as long as the employee is responsible and works hard.
My company is great on an over all and we are always looking to improve. (That is the best thing of all).
I really have no complains. I am a hard worker and the company recognizes that. If you are a lazy employee and if your work ethic is poor... well.. you get back what you give.
Pros
good pay and many incentives
Cons
vacation does not roll over..
Hard Workers Welcome
Billing/Administration (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 27, 2018
Choice Home Warranty is a fast paced work environment with definite room to excel. The opportunity to grow is there as long as you prove you are here to work and work hard. Management/Higher ups will commend you on a job well done, credit is given when due and they will always assist you if needed. Also, the diversity is refreshing. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join the team here.
Fair Company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 26, 2018
Choice Home Warranty is like many other companies in the workforce. If you are committed to your job you will be rewarded. Being committed means showing up on time, working hard, and trying to help the company succeed. Many co-workers would show up and just collect a check. There were plenty of examples of employees putting in the extra effort and being rewarded with promotions. I was given every opportunity to succeed. I do not have any major issues to report, all minor that exist in every company.
Pros
effort being rewarded
Not Bad
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 1, 2018
I have been with the company for a little while now and no doubt about it you have to work hard as it is a fast paced environment. The supervisors are personable and always trying to help. There is a lot room for quick advancement too.
Pros
Fun environment, good people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choice Home Warranty. Our community is ready to answer.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews by Location