Choice Hotels International Employee Reviews

It's okay
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Parsons, KSSeptember 8, 2018
Front desk is a good job and you get to meet a lot of wonderful people from everywhere. I'm leaving because I just cannot make ends meet and there are hardly any raises given.
Pros
Lots of free time, relaxed
Cons
No raises, not flexible with needing time off
Productive and Challenging
RFP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work. Very amicable and hard-working group. Management very flexible and will always communicate ways for everyone to improve and get more efficient with their work.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Payment not the best
Decent place to work with better management
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job, but we switched ownership and management to often, then all the rules changed. It was a very racially charged job, always having to play favorites and trying to remain neutral. Lots of chaos. I never got the opportunity to advance to my full potential
Closed
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 28, 2018
Never a weekend off unless you had been there a long time. It was very monotonous. Kind of stressful. Not the kind of job I enjoyed. Some found it very rewarding
Best place ever
Director of Franchise Development (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2018
I love Choice Hotels, They chance my life I make the most money I have ever made and got further in my career because of Choice Hotels. Great place to work .
It was, in its time, a great place to work. We had a lot of opportunity for movement.
Senior Director - Property Systems (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2018
Choice provided great opportunities for advancement. They were concerned about the wellness of its employees. Senior management was actively involved in visiting the call centers. Many of us worked through the different levels to middle management. Great tuition reimbursement program. Company actively participated in charitable events
Pros
Great place to work with great and lots of career opportunities
Cons
Nothing negative during my time there
Meh
Software Engineer 3 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2018
Its noisy, the office area is low cube farm, chairs are broken. People have no issue with making noise. No food service on site, low energy, lots of emergencies
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Noisy
Fun work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 17, 2018
Always paying the minimum wage so they don't attract experienced people.This mostly affected the daily work schedule so employee turn over is very high
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
No benefits
Great hotels
Night Auditor/Guest Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2018
Working here was awesome. I enjoyed meeting new people and the staff and management were amazing. Good benefits and awesome pay. Would work here again.
Cool
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 25, 2018
Good environment, once all work is finished able to go home. Minimum wage pay, ability to get tips but they are very seldom. Good management, nice co workers, independent work.
it was alright
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Groesbeck, TXJuly 25, 2018
working here was alright, i worked nights, i made breakfast every morning, and checked rooms and what not. i dont really have anything bad to say about working here. my supervisor was awesome and always helpful.
Pros
discounts and free breakfast, laid back at night
Cons
Creepy at night
My overall experience was awful.
Comfort Inn housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2018
They treated employment bad as well as rooms and other people. They use foul language. The customers complain about spots being on sheets and mattresses but they don't do anything.
Fun Workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 6, 2018
Choice Hotels International is in hotels franchise business and management . It employs up to 700 employees and owns 10 brands different hotels. The enjoyable part of the job is their annual convention.
Temp position
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85054July 5, 2018
They hired me as a seasonal employee. The atmosphere was amazing, the management was very welcoming and friendly. I had the chance to stay as a full-time employee but the commute was too far for me.
Great work
SP 1 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
This was a great place to work, however if going for a at home position understand what that means. the largest Issue I saw was people would wash out from not having a stable home life to support the type of work that was required. If this isn't a concern this is a great company.
Pros
Great training and good management
Cons
Large corporate company
Great Company
Data Channel Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
Great Benefits, Great Pay, referral program, gym reimbursement. Company culture is always positive and encouraging. Competitive salary, paid vacation, paid holidays and covered parking. 401k contribution, company insurance program with HSA option.
Pros
covered parking
Cons
Limited parking
I love it.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 15, 2018
The company really cares about employees and makes time for them. They offer great things for full-time employees. They don't make a huge effort for part-time, but thats expected.
Great Hotel franchise to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJune 15, 2018
They are simple but clear. Everything was open to learn about. I never felt like I had no resources to offer employees.The conventions and learning opportunities were great and well planned.
Pros
Organization and simplicity is a plus
Cons
A great place to start out!
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 7, 2018
I ended up with a truly amazing boss at Choice. I greatly appreciated the amount of autonomy I received and the coaching both I and my boss got from the company, which is trying very hard to develop internal leaders.
Pros
Inclusive, Friendly, Fun Work, Good Coaching
Cons
Too Much Work
Great company culture
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 6, 2018
Great company culture, internal movement is highly valued, you are given a lot of trust and ability to implement change early on in your career. Choice hires great people who are always open to letting you try new things, explore ideas. Management values feedback.
Cons
Lack of middle management opportunity/ability to grow within your role

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choice Hotels International. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Choice Hotels International.

Powered by Comparably