Choice Hotels International Employee Reviews

Choice
Front Office Supervisor, Comfort Inn (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WINovember 8, 2018
Payroll, budgeting, oversee front office, act as GM in absence, occupancy forecast, profit and loss, bullet reports, interact with guests, travel to help work at other hotels in need, etc.
ok
NIGHT AUDITOR/GUEST SERVICES REP (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2018
I liked this job people was nice good manager, just no advancement at this job. No a job sign . Worked alot hours with no time off wasnt good at all for me
Enjoy working with team members and helping the guest feel at home
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2018
Enjoy coming into a happy a safe work place when everything is organized and there is team work thru out the work place when management works with their employees to keep them happy and feel appreciated
Pros
Lunch appreciate and outings
Fast Paced and Stressful
Customer Service work at home - Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
Worked in an in-coming call center and calls were timed. It was held against you if a customer had a problem that took more that a minute to solve and you were discouraged from sending difficult calls to a supervisor who could solve it quicker and you can go on to the next call. If you stayed on more than maybe 3 or 4 minutes with a customer, you could be written up. Management actually made threats.
Pros
Discount on hotels all over US and other countries
Cons
Really not nice people as managers
It was good experience.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 27, 2018
Once one was used to the work, it was nice and routine. I had no problem doing the job. The most major skills it involved were good people skills and typing on a computer/utilizing the Choice Advantage website.
• Excellent communication skills, Enthusiastic, motivated and a team player
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2018
• Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches in creation and management of VLANs, VPCs, VDCs and VRFs for Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K devices.
• Experience with McAfee and Splunk SIEM tools for log analysis and threat management analysis
• Using Infoblox IP Address Manager (IPAM) provides a centralized management of the IP address space, including IPv4 and IPv6 Address Management.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Choice Hotels is an awesome chain with amazing benefits.
Proerty and Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALSeptember 23, 2018
Quality Inn was the Choice Hotel I managed. I loved being in the hospitality industry. You meet so many different people and it never fails to be entertaining.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Poor management by owner/operator.
Exciting work place.
Front Desk Clerk / Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 21, 2018
Choice Hotels is a great company to work for. I love to meet new and interesting people. The best part of working for Choice Hotels are the discounts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No pension plan.
Good entry level stepping stone
Multi Unit Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 10, 2018
This company hires a large number of interns and college graduates. That translates to low pay and an eternal turnover mill. Good place to start, but when it's time to go...it's time to go.
Pros
Work remote
Cons
Age discrimination
It's okay
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Parsons, KSSeptember 8, 2018
Front desk is a good job and you get to meet a lot of wonderful people from everywhere. I'm leaving because I just cannot make ends meet and there are hardly any raises given.
Pros
Lots of free time, relaxed
Cons
No raises, not flexible with needing time off
Productive and Challenging
RFP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work. Very amicable and hard-working group. Management very flexible and will always communicate ways for everyone to improve and get more efficient with their work.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Payment not the best
Decent place to work with better management
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job, but we switched ownership and management to often, then all the rules changed. It was a very racially charged job, always having to play favorites and trying to remain neutral. Lots of chaos. I never got the opportunity to advance to my full potential
Closed
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 28, 2018
Never a weekend off unless you had been there a long time. It was very monotonous. Kind of stressful. Not the kind of job I enjoyed. Some found it very rewarding
Best place ever
Director of Franchise Development (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2018
I love Choice Hotels, They chance my life I make the most money I have ever made and got further in my career because of Choice Hotels. Great place to work .
It was, in its time, a great place to work. We had a lot of opportunity for movement.
Senior Director - Property Systems (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2018
Choice provided great opportunities for advancement. They were concerned about the wellness of its employees. Senior management was actively involved in visiting the call centers. Many of us worked through the different levels to middle management. Great tuition reimbursement program. Company actively participated in charitable events
Pros
Great place to work with great and lots of career opportunities
Cons
Nothing negative during my time there
Meh
Software Engineer 3 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2018
Its noisy, the office area is low cube farm, chairs are broken. People have no issue with making noise. No food service on site, low energy, lots of emergencies
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Noisy
Fun work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 17, 2018
Always paying the minimum wage so they don't attract experienced people.This mostly affected the daily work schedule so employee turn over is very high
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
No benefits
Great hotels
Night Auditor/Guest Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2018
Working here was awesome. I enjoyed meeting new people and the staff and management were amazing. Good benefits and awesome pay. Would work here again.
Cool
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 25, 2018
Good environment, once all work is finished able to go home. Minimum wage pay, ability to get tips but they are very seldom. Good management, nice co workers, independent work.
it was alright
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Groesbeck, TXJuly 25, 2018
working here was alright, i worked nights, i made breakfast every morning, and checked rooms and what not. i dont really have anything bad to say about working here. my supervisor was awesome and always helpful.
Pros
discounts and free breakfast, laid back at night
Cons
Creepy at night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choice Hotels International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight