Choice Hotels International Employee Reviews

My overall experience was awful.
Comfort Inn housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2018
They treated employment bad as well as rooms and other people. They use foul language. The customers complain about spots being on sheets and mattresses but they don't do anything.
Fun Workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 6, 2018
Choice Hotels International is in hotels franchise business and management . It employs up to 700 employees and owns 10 brands different hotels. The enjoyable part of the job is their annual convention.
Temp position
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85054July 5, 2018
They hired me as a seasonal employee. The atmosphere was amazing, the management was very welcoming and friendly. I had the chance to stay as a full-time employee but the commute was too far for me.
Great work
SP 1 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
This was a great place to work, however if going for a at home position understand what that means. the largest Issue I saw was people would wash out from not having a stable home life to support the type of work that was required. If this isn't a concern this is a great company.
Pros
Great training and good management
Cons
Large corporate company
Great Company
Data Channel Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
Great Benefits, Great Pay, referral program, gym reimbursement. Company culture is always positive and encouraging. Competitive salary, paid vacation, paid holidays and covered parking. 401k contribution, company insurance program with HSA option.
Pros
covered parking
Cons
Limited parking
I love it.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 15, 2018
The company really cares about employees and makes time for them. They offer great things for full-time employees. They don't make a huge effort for part-time, but thats expected.
Great Hotel franchise to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJune 15, 2018
They are simple but clear. Everything was open to learn about. I never felt like I had no resources to offer employees.The conventions and learning opportunities were great and well planned.
Pros
Organization and simplicity is a plus
Great company culture
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 6, 2018
Great company culture, internal movement is highly valued, you are given a lot of trust and ability to implement change early on in your career. Choice hires great people who are always open to letting you try new things, explore ideas. Management values feedback.
Cons
Lack of middle management opportunity/ability to grow within your role
Skills
Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  D.CJune 3, 2018
If you want to gain more skills at your work place this is the company you should look for. Great workplace with lot to learn depending on Choice hotel location.
Pros
Free Lunches
14 years of service
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 20, 2018
And job was outsourced over seas, about 100 ppl at my location lost their jobs. Some moved with the company to AZ. Not a lot of faith in the company, but was not a bad place to work

Want to know more about Choice Hotels International?

Ask a question
Awsomeness
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 8, 2018
this is a great job for people looking to get started in customer service with no experience. Great for meeting newq people and giving directions. awsomnes.
Product ownership in lean agile environment
BUSINESS ANALYST, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2018
During my time there, I felt included, had great co-workers, was challenged and had the opportunity to learn a great deal about agile scrum development, automation implementation and cloud systems.
Pros
Great people, great oppotunities
Cons
Unwillingness to work with my excessive workload
Productive fun place to work
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 2, 2018
Nice place to work just a far commute for some. the culture is very inviting and the people are very helpful to work with. The company gives a lot of time for an individual to grow.
Sale Coordinator
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 28, 2018
Greeting my co-workers in the morning as they picked up there daily job duties to be down for the day. I then checked emails and reviewed phone messages to see if large groups needed overnight rooms and meeting rooms. Sometimes I had to meet with clients using the meeting rooms to see how they wanted them set up. Plus I also had to calling in for catering if food was to be served at the meetings. I would take calls daily about large group booking that needed 20 or more rooms. Along with people calling for large group needing a meeting room from 6 to 250 people it just varied.
Pros
Meeting different people from all walks of life
Cons
Having to deal with co-workers that a smoke smell on them after they took there smoke breaks.
I enjoyed it
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackwell, OKApril 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Choice. I worked with two different properties. Management at one was terrible so I went to the other where the manager was wonderful. The pay is low but you sit at the desk all day. I snjoyed speaking with guests though you get the occasional creep that won't leave the desk.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Borng
wonderful place to work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 20, 2018
This company has since relocated to Mexico the division I was a part of. It was a wonderful job through high school and provided me a lot of valuable job skills for future jobs.
Empresa hoteleira internacvonal
Front Desk Clerk. Night Auditor. Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLApril 10, 2018
Lugar onde se aprende muito na dinamica diaria. Capacitação imediata
no work ethics
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 8, 2018
company doesn't know how to run the hotels they own and are not friendly work ethics i would not recommend any to work here they would rather your work then care
Friendly atmosphere
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 3, 2018
Very friendly atmosphere, enjoyed accommodating guests to make their stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Feequent group bookings of wedding guests and various other attractions and events in the community made the position very enjoyable.
Easy place to work if the managment was in order
Front desk hotel clerk (Former Employee) –  Allendale, MIMarch 29, 2018
I worked third shift at this hotel and it was fairly easy. Except when things were going wrong management would never show up, leave it to their poorly trained employees, and then get angry when when it wasn't done the way they wanted it to.
Pros
Not a lot if people came
Cons
Poor management bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choice Hotels International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight