Choices Women's Medical Center Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 7, 2018
In the short time that I have been employed here a Choices
it has been extremely satisfying, Everyone is friendly, helpful, and work together well. I am glad to be apart of this wonderful establishment and to be able to help and be apart of this team.

The Staff is deeply committed to the mission of providing patients with the highest quality medical care in a warm, sensitive, compassionate environment. Something that I stand for and believe in.

Overall, a great place to work
Good Culture and Team Oriented
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 5, 2018
When I first came to Choices, I noticed how committed everyone was to the cause. The need to learn and soak up as much as I can was very important to me. Everyone around you works hard and it doesn't go unnoticed. I am happy I made the decision to work here and would recommend this job to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Fact paced
Commitment to a Cause
Consultant (Current Employee) –  147-32 Jamaica New York 11435July 5, 2018
Become a part of a growing reproductive healthcare facility that puts patients rights as an individual for any choices that a woman may have. In this political environment be a part of an organization where the leadership has been on the cutting edge of reproductive freedom since 1971. Join Choices for not just for a job, but a commitment to a cause.
Pros
days fly, working with like-minded women, passionate team, Room for growth and experience in mutliple departments
Cons
Fast-paced, work hard
Fast paced workplace, extremely rewarding
Finance (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 15, 2018
Typical day at Choices does not end how it started. The work pace is fast and at times unexpected challenges arise. You have to be able to adapt to surprises, and be an excellent organizer.
my love for my job
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 11, 2018
I have been at Choices for over 16 years. I have had the opportunity to work in several departments Accounts Payable & Purchasing, Payroll, Assistant to the owner for several years, Patients Registration and now Financial Counselor.
I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to grown and learn so much from my fellow co-workers.
I see myself here another 16 year , I see many new things coming and so much opportunity for continues growth.
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  147-32 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica NY 11435June 6, 2018
Great company that invests in the progression of its employees. Be warned this is a fast paced environment, not for everyone. You must be able to multi-task and not get overwhelmed quickly. I loved working for this organization, and found it to be very rewarding work. I only left because I relocated.
Pros
diverse populations, ability to grow
Cons
fast pace
Organized and collaborative workplace environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 6, 2018
Everyone is really friendly, helpful, and work together well. The management team is very clear with their expectations, which are never unreasonable, just aimed toward making sure the patients have the best experience possible. Overall, a great place to work with fun coworkers and fulfilling at the end of the day. 10/10 would recommend!
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
N/a
tough job, stressful, coworkers are nice
Licensed Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 5, 2018
The coworkers are great people, hard working and very friendly.

But, the management is extremely stressful to work with. They give you so much work and expect you to complete it on time. The CEO yells at people when something isn't done on time. Please apply to other companies, they are not doing well.

If you take a sick holiday, you are looked down the next day.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
management doesn't treat workers nicely
Meaningful Work & Opportunity for Growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  147-32 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica NY 11435June 1, 2018
Working at Choices is extremely gratifying. Every day at Choices you have the opportunity to impact lives. There are also many departments that allow for professional growth. Highly recommended.
Pros
opportunity for growth, mission that you can stand behind, rewarding patient care
Cons
Fast pace (is not for everyone), constant change in medical field (again not for everyone)
Productive Workplace and Chance for Growth
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 24, 2018
I really enjoy working for Choices. It is a wonderful, caring organization filled with great people. The work environment is very supportive and there is always room to advance within the company.Awesome benefits. It feels good to make a difference in peoples lives and our patients are very thankful for us.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great Staff, Great culture, Wonderful relationships crafted on the values of activism, career pathways, excellent opportunities
Cons
Rushed Lunch periods
Flexible and comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 23, 2018
Working at Choices has been a great experience. I've been able to learn many things. The staff is very friendly and also very flexible. It is a very busy facility but there is a lot of team work and all the work gets done smoothly.
Pros
Flexibilty, great staff
Great Place to Work!
Midlevel Provider (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 22, 2018
I have worked at choices for approximately six years in the OB/GYN clinic. Working with Choices is a very rewarding experience. My favorite thing about Choices is the staff relationships. Each department works collectively as a team in order to ensure safe and quality care to our patients. Mangement is always willing to assist staff in anyway possible and is always looking for ways to improve the work environment at Choices. The CEO is always engaged with all staff members and has a deep passion for women's rights to adequate health care. The CEO always has an open door policy as a way to encourage staff engagement within Choices. The staff at choices is like a second family to me and it's always a pleasure coming into work.
Pros
teamwork, salary, staff benefits and flexibility
Great New Experience So Far
Assistant Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 21, 2018
Fairly new position at Choices - but have been enjoying every moment working here. Great staff surrounding me and felt at home very quick. Looking forward to my new journey.
Productive and Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 19, 2018
I enjoy working at Choices. They are advocates for women's rights.
Choices also serves as a platform for women of all ages to have easy and confidential access to healthcare.
I enjoy working with my co-works. Working at Choices is great experience.
Professional Organization
Director of Revenue Cycle Management (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 17, 2018
Great place to work in as I've learned more in depth within the Revenue Cycle Management and it's billing parameters.
Friendly atmosphere and knowledgeable staff.
Pros
Flexibility in Schedule & remote access
Basic day
business accountant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 14, 2018
A typical day at choices consists of processing payroll in a low stress environment with pleasant staff that are easy to get along with and complete your daily objectives.
Fast pace work place with lots to learn
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  147-32 Jamaica aveMay 14, 2018
Working at Choices has been a very rewarding experience. It is fast pace but great environment practicing good work ethics. I had the opportunity to learn a vast amount of information as well as healthcare skills i can use in future.
productive working environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 14, 2018
A typical day here is answering phone calls, checking patients appointments, and rescheduling.
I'm learning about abortions, different methods of birth control and prenatal care.
Pros
very flexible, get paid $15
Cons
short staff
Fast paced but satisfying and great crew to work with.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 14, 2018
Have worked here many years in various capacities and assignments. A fast-paced work environment accompanied by satisfaction and appreciation for what Choices provides to the community and beyond. Pleasure and sense of purpose in being part of an important effort to serve a diverse community and to enable women make the reproductive choices they need for the the lives they want.
Great place to work, learn and grow!
Management (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 14, 2018
I have been working for Choices for 7 years. I was able to move up in management in my position during those 7 years. My opinion always matter to the owner of the Company. This a place where if you have a thought or an idea, you can inform the owner of the company and she will hear you. We provide necessary and quality health care services to Woman. Choices mission is dear to my heart and reflects my values as a person and a human being. We have amazing staff who are dedicated to helping others. Choices is like family to me. Looking forward to continue to work at Choices and I look forward everyday to see the staff and patients come thru our doors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Choices Women's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about