CHOICES Employee Reviews

great
Counselor/Therapist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2018
great, flexible hours, great clients, good locations
caring staff, compassionate staff,
competent staff, good culture, satisfaction, great morale,
great hours,
Fun Place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHApril 4, 2018
Counseling individuals in college, group counseling, individual counseling, assessments, risk management, problem solving on the job. One of the hardest parts was watching as young adults went back to using drugs and alcohol.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Others not wanting the help
A job
Escort to doctor appointments (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2018
A okay job to work at, I do enjoy working with the elderly people. They become family and you become accustom to them. have fun, smile, laugh, and enjoy your day.
fun and get to be with kids all day
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 28, 2018
I would get the Child4ren and i would feed the breakfast and do morning activities and games. Then a nap before lunch. After lunch we would go outside for more activities and games then dinner and bed.
I loved working for choices it was very relaxing peaceful enviroment
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2018
My assignment was an ideal working environment no stress no problems @ all
If I could get another assignment with choices I would go to work again with them
Pros
relaxing work enviroment
politics
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 14, 2018
typical day was assisting adults with MRDD with everyday skills. The management really did not care for the employees although we was the backbone of the company. the hardest part of the job was using your own personal vehicle and knowing that you will not really go further in the company. the enjoyable part was the population of the clients you worked withl
Pros
making a difference if the clients
Cons
never going up in the company
Great company that offers opportunity for advancement. I choose to work contract, but Full time employee benefits are excellent.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, TNJanuary 23, 2018
You are surrounded by helpful staff with opportunities to schedule your own hours when possible. Full time employees receive excellent benefits that are affordable. There are numerous opportunities for continuing education and only a few mandatory (most often offered online or telephone conference) in order to keep up with the ever changing Healthcare Industry. Providing patient care is very important and you can be proud of your work. Team working is essential and makes for an excellent environment.
Pros
Self Scheduling, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Some re-imbursed commuting involved for certain positions.
Very fun working there
Level one med aid (Former Employee) –  St joe moJanuary 16, 2018
Was great helping the disabled adults. You cook for them. Help pass medication. Take them out in the comunnity. Take them to their doctor appointments.
Its a very rewarding but exhausting job.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MODecember 10, 2017
If you love working with the mentally handicapped an disabled or enjoy taking care of those who are unable to care for themselves. This job is perfect for you. Its very rewarding job. The pay is based on what isl you work in
Pros
Working for those who are unable to do it for them self
Cons
No actual lunch break. Pay could be better
Good place to start as a temp
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 2, 2017
Great place to start entry level. Advancement can happen but you may have to relocate to another city and or state. They use TEMPS for some positions, it is a good way for temps to get hired full-time.
Pros
Management is helpful
Cons
N/a
Great Place to work!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORNovember 27, 2017
Co workers are great, management is awesome, and clients are wonderful! I would highly recommend working folr this company if you are able to take on care giving as a career!
Working with adult individuals who have a developmental disability
Assisting mentally disabled clients (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 13, 2017
I had the pleasure of working with adults who had a developmental disability. I would teach the residents how to properly navigate the computer. Those that had the mental capacity to use it. The residents there loved to do activities, so I would keep them busy with card games, board games, etc. Also, Choices was a center for the Mentally impaired individuals, who could still function in society.
homebased
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZSeptember 2, 2017
I follow my own schedule, determine what tasks are important and use my own judgement regarding work. There is little contact with management, hardest part is keeping up with the monthly reports
Learning Opportunity
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2017
Check-in and check-out
Managed cash drawer
Verified patient insurances
Scanned patient documents
Collected co-pays, co-insurances and deductibes
Maintained papercharts
Scheduled appointments
Great environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2017
When the company is founded on helping children you know it's a great place to work. It was always a pleasure to come in an be greeted by happy employees.
Interactive and rewarding workplace
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 15, 2017
At Choices you have a chance to grow close relationships with Individuals with special needs. You get to help with their every day lives and take them out into the community so they can experience life to their desired amount. Individuals always make their own choices and the staff are very supportive of these choices.
I loved the responsibility they afforded me.
Resident Staff (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 14, 2017
I learned so much when it came to managing a house. I would be responsible for providing a drug and alcohol free zone. I would test house mates when I had a suspension of drug use.
Pros
Training
Cons
No Cons
Helping others
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOFebruary 16, 2017
This company is great to work for simply because of what service they provide. The clients are amazing to assist. The management could care and be more compassionate towards clients and employees.
Pros
Clients, advancement opportunity
Cons
Management, pay could be better
Fun and Diverse Place to Work
Medical Lab Assistant/ HIV Prevention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2017
Choices was a fun and diverse place to work. The enviornment was great. Everyone worked together to help each other. There was organization and community outreach. Plenty of volunteers work together to make sure that they can get help and education to those out in the community.
Pros
Cons
Protesters
Nice company to work for
PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 22, 2016
Love the youth in our Community Utilize my time management skills Coworkers are great. Hardest part is to try to unite all parties involve for CFT meetings. The most enjoyable part is that we are a community.
Pros
High Fidelity Wrap Process
Cons
Around the clock