Chop't Creative Salad Company Employee Reviews

Wonderful management to work for
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 8, 2018
I could not ask for better management at Chopt. They have been flexible with my commitment to my family and accommodating to my scheduling needs. All staff is supportive as Chopt from dishwasher to store manager.
Ok job stressful as a manager/regular employee
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bryant Park, NYOctober 2, 2018
as a manager you sometimes had no break crazy hours on weekends they make you work from 9-10 you're there so long that employees become like your second family and the store becomes your home as well as there are days where you don't have enough food to get you thru the day and you have to call other stores to borrow food the BP location taught me a lot tho I worked from the bottom up to shift n took almost a whole year to finally get promated the district manager only cares about sales n not how the employees feels which isn't the proper way to establish a good working relationship with the employees

as regular employees they only give you about 25-30 hours a week if they like you
new hires get about 15-20 hours a week
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no break /sometimes not even a 30 min break long days double shifts
decent workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 30, 2018
a typical day at work is stressful. as time goes by you see many employees leave because they can't handle the stress or sometimes just lack of communication with General Managers.
Its not okay that they'd rather promote people who they just hire rather than employees with 4+ years of experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no holiday pay
Better days ahead
District Manager Ink N Ivy (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Just not happy with the direction the company is going. The staff isn't having fun. Turnover is at an all time high. We need more fryers and a bigger dish area.
Quick Pased, fun environment to work in.
Chopper (Current Employee) –  New York W56September 16, 2018
I honestly loved the people i worked with, they help each other out and there is not alot of drama. The managers are usually nice and will listen to you if you do your work as you are supposed to.
Th only downside is that, especially for the choppers with the amount of chopping we do a day, it would make sense if we got compensated a little more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break only 30 mins
Very fast pace great manager and assistant manager cool staff
chopper/runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
It was a learning experience
Very fast paced , but it’s bearable
Time flies as you work and a lot of great people there
To keep you going
Fun people to work with
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very fast paced
Team Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYSeptember 3, 2018
I worked there for 3 years and i felt treated unfairly being that i had already had the food manageable experience, seem as if i was never come out of a shift supervisor position
Pros
Free meals
Wouldn’t recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036August 4, 2018
It wa cool at first. Then my son had been going through some things and they weren’t very sympathetic about my situation and just wanted to cause problems.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Clean work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2018
Cleanliness is certain when working into chop’t. It was one of the cleanest work environments I’ve ever worked in. Pay was great along with the rest of the staff
Gm cool Pay is bad
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 27, 2018
Gm is awesome but Pay is horrid . Work 8-10 hours . Can’t even get a raise but will hire way more new people then we need . Wasting money
Would not recommend
Pros
Easy
Cons
Money
Very Friendly And Fast Paced Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
i loved working here , it was basically my first real job besides working with kids. I learned how to do alot of online customer orders , i also learned how to bag group orders at a fast but steady pace. While also cleaning up after my self and customers if necessary. I Learned a lot about food sanitation and how to keep everything bacteria free.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place To Work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work I reallly enjoy it great environment great people great management overall just a great place too work I would rate them as a 5 star Restaurant for customers & employees!!!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
chopt was a great opportunity.
delivery personell (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2018
chopt is a very multicultural place to work. It is very quick paced and well managed.A typical day is very busy.I did alot of bycycle riding. Overall, to work at Chopt you have to be a team player.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
low pay
competitive but nice people and good food
Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 10, 2018
chopt was one of my first jobs. the training was good and all the workers were nice. had no problems with this company just didnt like working with food and picky people
It is a very fun work place. Meet very diverse people who help you throughout the time there
cashier/chopper (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CTJune 27, 2018
A typical day at Chopt can be very hectic. Opening up the store choppers have to make sure all dressings and soups and stations are properly prepared. I learned new techniques with Chopt
cashier with loads of responsibilities
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 23, 2018
As a cashier at Chopt, you have so many responsibilities, you might as well apply for a different position their, lol. I would recommend applying for runner or assembler if you chose to work here, but if you don't like drama in the workplace then avoid this job altogether. You get a free meal at the end of your shift, but honestly, it gets old after awhile and you have limitations to what you can get. I would say the worst part of this job was dealing with judgy college students who are picky, rude, and feel like they are entitled, but hey! If you're cool with that then work here! wage ranges from $9.25-$11. I was hired at $10 an hour but I came into the job with experience.
Chopt is a great company. However I think they need to pay the managers better to compinsate the hard work and long work hours
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
I did learn a lot in my time with Chopt. They have great people and great food. Not too healthy though. I did like the work environment and the team. I did meet a lot of great workers there.
Pros
Free lunches and opportunities to grow
Cons
Short breaks and longer then scheduled hours.
Productive fast paced
Salad Maker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
It was an ok experience. It was a fast paced environment that was very productive. Business was booming. Even though it had bad management, I still got great experience and was able to learn a lot.
Great job environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Great job positions. This job take time and dedication to adapt. You learn from every employee you work. The best part of going to the job and doing what you started.
Pros
free meal
Cons
promotions are not given when deserve.
Okay
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Nothing special here, when I worked we used to get slammed with orders and managers just walking around, not really room for growth unless you wanted to take all the responsibility of the restaurant, I have heard it’s better now. Who knows...
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managers are lazy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chop't Creative Salad Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight