Chop't Creative Salad Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun working enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
Chopt is a great place to work. This was my first restaurant job and this company has taught me very well. I learned a lot about food safety, time management, and food cost. Chopt lives by the core values of better taste better, serve with urgency, innovate, and be generous. The hardest part of the job was ordering. It took me a couple of days to figure out what the "perfect" amount to order was. But with the correct training and guidance, I was able to succeed.
great place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 24, 2018
if they would've promoted me, i would've stayed at this company. such a fun and great place to work. even during the off hours there was always something to do.
Overall good experience.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2018
Chopt has a great product which is easy to be enthusiastic about. Fun team environment to work in. A little stressful to start but, once I learned the menu, the day goes by fast.
Pros
Free salad each shift, and they're amazing.
Cons
No healthcare.
DIfferent
ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 15, 2018
Another fast paced food chain that promotes healthy foods and eating with a twist, Its not burgers and fries its salad. Be mindful of your management they may seem caring selfless generous but they are sneaky. Have a good one
Pros
discounts, days go by fast when busy, healthy and actually good food options
Cons
days can be dreadful, when it gets busy it gets busy, Nobody can prepare you for this, fast pace is an understatement, very slow during winter, Just your typical fast food shop other than that regular issues but that's it
Best place I've ever worked!
Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 12, 2018
I have a hard time finding bad things to write about working at Chopt. It's super fast paced, and during peak times, it can be stressful, but even still, it's the best! There's more employees working here than anywhere else I've seen which is so nice, you get a break every shift you work more than 6 hours, free food every day, paid time off for every person, sick time, and good insurance. Pay is better than I've seen anywhere else too! I also think that we have the best customers!
Pros
Great benefits, pay, free food!
Cons
Super fast paced
Makes me want to wake up in the mornings
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Times Square, NYApril 12, 2018
I’ve been working at Chopt for about a month now and already I am in love with the environment Chopt offers. When they say that we are a team, it’s actually true. Everybody, no matter the position supports everyone around them. We’re basically a family and of course sometimes family bumps heads and disagrees but the support is always there. There’s always room for growth and it’s more than encouraged which is only a plus to working at a Chopt location.
Pros
Free lunch, Always a chance to grow, Learnjng environment
Cons
Can sometimes be overwhelming with rushes
A Culture That Cares
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
This is a company that cares. They care about their employees, they care about their product, and they care about the world outside their company. I am incredibly proud to work here, and would absolutely recommend both employment with and salads at Chopt. I feel like I am appreciated, that my contributions are valued, and that I am part of a collaborative team with a zest for food and people.
Pros
benefits, appreciation, collaborative work environment
Cons
long work hours
Fast and fun
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2018
Though there were poor managers, the employees were fun and the job was very demanding. Always had a good day but things can get pretty stressful. Better management can correct that issue, which I'm sure is being handled.
Pros
fun atmosphere healthy eating
Cons
general managers
Versatile work environment with good pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2018
I worked with a variety of people acquiring to a variety of tastes and styles. It is a fast paced job but still fun. The management works with your schedule and advancement opportunities are freely available. It just depends on how far you want to move up with the company.
Fast paced , quick development
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 20, 2017
Have to be ready for work, punch in on time. Best to get to know the menu. Set up for shift it will make the day easier. Be ready for long hours of standing and serving costumers.
Pros
Quick development
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Fast paste but horrible people and drama
Chopper (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYDecember 5, 2017
Depending on which one you work in , I am speaking for the one in Times Square ! It was horrible ! The people where really racist and only stuck to their “favorites” the ones who did anything and everything . It should not be that way . People either talked or had something personal going on amongs each other in order to stay more than 2-3 months . Biased is my best way to explain it . Wouldn’t recommend it unless you had no other option and need the money
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Bias, managers are fonny and have attitudes all the time
Have nice and cheerful leadership
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYDecember 2, 2017
Great place to work with, friendly staff, cheerful manager! And delicious healthy salad for free! There is room for grow. The training course is excellent!
Pros
Free meal, Easy training course, friendly staff, cheerful management!
Chopt is a place to work if you are a teenager dont care about where you work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2017
I have worked here for about half a year this place is very sales driven and does not really care about everyone. They pick favorites and that's the ones who get promoted. When a regular employee gets promoted based on if they suck up they usually power trip and don't do work. If you are looking for advancement and for a good reliable job then I would look elsewhere. It is not all bad the pay is decent compared to other fast food and you get a free salad every day you work and PTO also a discount and there were some good managers who cared about you. Other than look forward to getting scheduled double shifts staying hours passed closed. Management training is a must here they should not make the money they make for sitting down and being on the phone while giving out orders.
Pros
Free salad, discounts PTO
Cons
Management, double shifts, long hours
It was a decent job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
This place was my first job and it wasnt an easy one. I think if I had had more experience things wouldve been fine. The owner was pretty harsh toward me. He personally asked for me to be fired.
Favortism and serious lack of hours
Assembler/Chopper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2017
At first I was excited about working here but the hours are awful. Promises of more hours and advancement are always empty. The favoritism is too real. The training was awful and management chooses who they want to further train without giving "everyone" a chance. The hours I communicated I could work was given to someone else. The pay rate sounds good but it's nothing when you're not even getting the hours. People are quitting and the hours are like 7 hours one week, 30 hours the next, then 15 hours the next week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Awful hours, favortism, no real opportunity for growth
Good job that allows areas for growth.
Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CTAugust 13, 2017
This is a good institution that gives one an exciting view on food culture. I have learned, how the food/delivery industry works, while being in a positive environment.
its minimum wage it is what it is
CHOP'T Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2017
very fast paced but its food so be prepared for people to act like its a 5 star restaurant. Shifts are easy but if they don't need you your hours get cut.
Pros
nice shirts
Cons
no free lunch
Ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
A place to grow both personally and professionally. Fast paced place to work for but helps you learn how to work in a team. It is a place of fun but can get a little hectic during lunch rush.
Work place culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  DC, DCJanuary 23, 2017
No room to grow management take advantage of position...leaving early, favoritism. Long hours, turn over. Staffinglevelslow, No dish ashing machines even at the busiestlocations.
Fast Speed/ Stressful but exciting
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at work is prepping all food before the lunch rush starts. We have to be ready for a smooth and successful day as a team; making sure everyone in the team is ready to go. The team is such a small group everyone becomes like family. However, we are faced with the busy lunch rush that everyone becomes stress about making sure we serve all people with great customer service.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
Doesn't pay well