Chop't Creative Salad Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wouldn’t recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036August 4, 2018
It wa cool at first. Then my son had been going through some things and they weren’t very sympathetic about my situation and just wanted to cause problems.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Clean work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2018
Cleanliness is certain when working into chop’t. It was one of the cleanest work environments I’ve ever worked in. Pay was great along with the rest of the staff
Gm cool Pay is bad
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 27, 2018
Gm is awesome but Pay is horrid . Work 8-10 hours . Can’t even get a raise but will hire way more new people then we need . Wasting money
Would not recommend
Pros
Easy
Cons
Money
Very Friendly And Fast Paced Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
i loved working here , it was basically my first real job besides working with kids. I learned how to do alot of online customer orders , i also learned how to bag group orders at a fast but steady pace. While also cleaning up after my self and customers if necessary. I Learned a lot about food sanitation and how to keep everything bacteria free.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not enough hours
competitive but nice people and good food
Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 10, 2018
chopt was one of my first jobs. the training was good and all the workers were nice. had no problems with this company just didnt like working with food and picky people
It is a very fun work place. Meet very diverse people who help you throughout the time there
cashier/chopper (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CTJune 27, 2018
A typical day at Chopt can be very hectic. Opening up the store choppers have to make sure all dressings and soups and stations are properly prepared. I learned new techniques with Chopt
cashier with loads of responsibilities
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 23, 2018
As a cashier at Chopt, you have so many responsibilities, you might as well apply for a different position their, lol. I would recommend applying for runner or assembler if you chose to work here, but if you don't like drama in the workplace then avoid this job altogether. You get a free meal at the end of your shift, but honestly, it gets old after awhile and you have limitations to what you can get. I would say the worst part of this job was dealing with judgy college students who are picky, rude, and feel like they are entitled, but hey! If you're cool with that then work here! wage ranges from $9.25-$11. I was hired at $10 an hour but I came into the job with experience.
Chopt is a great company. However I think they need to pay the managers better to compinsate the hard work and long work hours
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
I did learn a lot in my time with Chopt. They have great people and great food. Not too healthy though. I did like the work environment and the team. I did meet a lot of great workers there.
Pros
Free lunches and opportunities to grow
Cons
Short breaks and longer then scheduled hours.
Great job environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Great job positions. This job take time and dedication to adapt. You learn from every employee you work. The best part of going to the job and doing what you started.
Pros
free meal
Cons
promotions are not given when deserve.
Fast Pace Environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYJune 13, 2018
Chopt is a company full of culture and opportunity. Very fun fast pace environment, full of opportunity for growth and to escalate in the company. It's also a company that offers benefits like a free meal everyday.
Pros
Free lunch
It’s a quick pace job
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
It’s a quick pace job so if you have no patience it’s not for you. it’s a good job for the summer or for part time. We get crazy busy for lunch and dinner so expect to see a line out the door
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short and unpaid breaks
Fun working enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
Chopt is a great place to work. This was my first restaurant job and this company has taught me very well. I learned a lot about food safety, time management, and food cost. Chopt lives by the core values of better taste better, serve with urgency, innovate, and be generous. The hardest part of the job was ordering. It took me a couple of days to figure out what the "perfect" amount to order was. But with the correct training and guidance, I was able to succeed.
Not bad for restaurant
Expert Chopr (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 25, 2018
Chopt is a place that is generally always hiring good workers. You can establish yourself pretty fast and there are easy channels to move up. Hours are available and overtime is common. The atmosphere varies tremendously on your location but it really is what you make of it. My location is very flexible with school and other commitments. It is a great stepping stone for students and those who want find a chain restaurant to grow with. As minimum wage goes up the promoted employees don't see that raise as well.
Pros
Easy job. Consistent hours.
Cons
Breaks are now undpaid, limited free salad choices
great place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 24, 2018
if they would've promoted me, i would've stayed at this company. such a fun and great place to work. even during the off hours there was always something to do.
Overall good experience.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2018
Chopt has a great product which is easy to be enthusiastic about. Fun team environment to work in. A little stressful to start but, once I learned the menu, the day goes by fast.
Pros
Free salad each shift, and they're amazing.
Cons
No healthcare.
DIfferent
ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 15, 2018
Another fast paced food chain that promotes healthy foods and eating with a twist, Its not burgers and fries its salad. Be mindful of your management they may seem caring selfless generous but they are sneaky. Have a good one
Pros
discounts, days go by fast when busy, healthy and actually good food options
Cons
days can be dreadful, when it gets busy it gets busy, Nobody can prepare you for this, fast pace is an understatement, very slow during winter, Just your typical fast food shop other than that regular issues but that's it
Best place I've ever worked!
Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 12, 2018
I have a hard time finding bad things to write about working at Chopt. It's super fast paced, and during peak times, it can be stressful, but even still, it's the best! There's more employees working here than anywhere else I've seen which is so nice, you get a break every shift you work more than 6 hours, free food every day, paid time off for every person, sick time, and good insurance. Pay is better than I've seen anywhere else too! I also think that we have the best customers!
Pros
Great benefits, pay, free food!
Cons
Super fast paced
Makes me want to wake up in the mornings
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Times Square, NYApril 12, 2018
I’ve been working at Chopt for about a month now and already I am in love with the environment Chopt offers. When they say that we are a team, it’s actually true. Everybody, no matter the position supports everyone around them. We’re basically a family and of course sometimes family bumps heads and disagrees but the support is always there. There’s always room for growth and it’s more than encouraged which is only a plus to working at a Chopt location.
Pros
Free lunch, Always a chance to grow, Learnjng environment
Cons
Can sometimes be overwhelming with rushes
A Culture That Cares
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
This is a company that cares. They care about their employees, they care about their product, and they care about the world outside their company. I am incredibly proud to work here, and would absolutely recommend both employment with and salads at Chopt. I feel like I am appreciated, that my contributions are valued, and that I am part of a collaborative team with a zest for food and people.
Pros
benefits, appreciation, collaborative work environment
Cons
long work hours
Chop't is okay establishment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  120 W 56 streetMarch 23, 2018
Chop't is a great part time job setting for someone who is in high school or just starting college. Management is okay, sometimes rude in my opinion. Overall, an average first job for people starting of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chop't Creative Salad Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight