Chop't Creative Salad Company Employee Reviews

Great place for high school students to work.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 18, 2019
Not a very productive working place. When you are hired you are promised at least 38 hours a week. :You actually get to work 20 at best. Once you have caught up the rush they start to send people home. This place is great for high school kids to work.
Pros
You will work at least 20 hours.
Cons
Not a good place to work if you have don't live at home with parents.
Well managed and wonderful workplace
Chopper (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2019
Normally I would be hesitant to post a review about anything, but after working at Chopt for the last few months I am posting a review so that others can hear how it goes. I'm not sure about all managers, but the managers at my location are always very organized, very polite to customers, and very respectful to their employees. The food is absolutely delicious, and there's enough variety that it never gets old. The discount for purchasing a salad outside work hours is just a bonus! When it comes to scheduling, I love the way it is set up through Hot Schedules. My managers are so communicative when it comes to everything, so when a conflict comes up, I know who I can talk to. The hardest part of the job is when lunch and dinner rush hit. It lasts from 30 mins to an hour, and it's all chopping, assembling, and washing dishes at a faster pace than normal. But by far, my favorite thing is closing. It's nice to see how the workstation can go from being dirty from being used all day, to bright and shiny with a few minutes and some elbow grease. I would highly recommend you go to your local Chopt, and see what it's all about!
Pros
Free food, guaranteed breaks, great management
Cons
The lunch rush
productive
Chopper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2019
i worked during the rush so very fast paced however poor management due to favoritism. I expressed outstanding customer service and great work ethics.
Fun place , never gets boring
Xpert Chopper (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2019
I'm a current employee here at Chopt and honestly it's been great . Like any other job, there will be times where it's stressful but the day will soon end and will be another day in the book. The problem that happens is that management here is lazy, except a couple people, and that's what makes it a difficult job. If you want a job at Chopt you have to make sure you're a person that can take on long periods of rush hour lunches and dinners and to have lots of patience.
Pros
Fun environment, diverse coworkers
Cons
Can be stressful
Fast paced environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 28, 2019
Good concept, not followed through completely. Full of ideas but never executed properly. Management takes time for themselves to talk about meeting with others employees but never follow through. Empty promises are given often.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2019
Fast paste environment ,, a lot of learning experience and creativity. It also requires a lot of patience and being able to interact with the customers .
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Overwhelming
Manager Gee is HORRIBLE
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 17, 2019
I’ll try to make this short, very judgemental, unnecessarily micromanages, high anxiety and strays from the point when talking, horrible communicator.
Pros
Cool spot to work, doesn’t take much. Was willing to work anywhere.
Cons
Manager is judgemental, horrible communicator, left me without a job all because of his miscommunication, unfair individual.
No hours
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2018
Worked at CHOPT as a dishwasher and food prep. Enjoyed the work and environment. Gets very busy. Must move at a fast pay constantly. Get a free meal every work shift.Only hang up with working here is that they give no hours. I would have understood if they told me part time but they told me I would get full time hours cause I told them at the interview Im looking for full time only. It's like I got tricked into it. They had me on the schedule for 2 days! Management also has no care for the concerns or situations employees have.
Pros
Free lunch, Fast shift due to being busy
Cons
No hours, No benefits
Fast Paced and friendly workplace
Line Worker, Prep Cook, Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 26, 2018
The team members were for the most part easy to work and get along with. Everyone was expected to pull their weight, and nearly every person that I worked with was competent and amiable.
No hours !!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2018
The work itself was not bad.Managers tell you it will be at least 25 hours then end up giving you 2 days out of the week.Fast paced and gets very busy
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Chopt! Working collectively with your co-workers during the lunch hour, communication and cleanliness is key to keeping customers happy.
Busy enviroment
Shift-leader/Cashier/dishwasher/Chopper/Assembler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
Great place to work. This was my first job after graduating High School. They worked well with my school schedules through college. Great opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free Lunch, good pay
Cons
Favoratism
Stressful environment and extremely poor management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 1, 2018
CHOPT is an upbeat, high demand restaurant, and with poor management it can and will be an extremely stressful and unpleasant place to work. My experience with this company was completely subpar. There were instances of discrimination in the work place, special treatment for certain employees, and lack of promotion for veteran employees. When a company promises advancements for its employees and does not live up to those promises it is very frustrating. Management was lazy, disorganized, and lacked basic communication skills. As a result of these outstanding issues, the turnover rate was extremely high which left us well understaffed. The amount of dedication and labor they were requesting could not be matched in wages. Many of my coworkers were terminated unjustly, or left the company in search of a healthier work environment. One of the great things about my experience, however, was having the pleasure of meeting amazing people who had genuine intentions of being great employees. However, our particular store was not being run in a way for everyone to be successful. Please understand that what has been said in this review may not be applicable to every CHOPT store.
Wonderful management to work for
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 8, 2018
I could not ask for better management at Chopt. They have been flexible with my commitment to my family and accommodating to my scheduling needs. All staff is supportive as Chopt from dishwasher to store manager.
Ok job stressful as a manager/regular employee
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bryant Park, NYOctober 2, 2018
as a manager you sometimes had no break crazy hours on weekends they make you work from 9-10 you're there so long that employees become like your second family and the store becomes your home as well as there are days where you don't have enough food to get you thru the day and you have to call other stores to borrow food the BP location taught me a lot tho I worked from the bottom up to shift n took almost a whole year to finally get promated the district manager only cares about sales n not how the employees feels which isn't the proper way to establish a good working relationship with the employees

as regular employees they only give you about 25-30 hours a week if they like you
new hires get about 15-20 hours a week
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no break /sometimes not even a 30 min break long days double shifts
decent workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 30, 2018
a typical day at work is stressful. as time goes by you see many employees leave because they can't handle the stress or sometimes just lack of communication with General Managers.
Its not okay that they'd rather promote people who they just hire rather than employees with 4+ years of experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no holiday pay
Better days ahead
District Manager Ink N Ivy (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Just not happy with the direction the company is going. The staff isn't having fun. Turnover is at an all time high. We need more fryers and a bigger dish area.
Quick Pased, fun environment to work in.
Chopper (Current Employee) –  New York W56September 16, 2018
I honestly loved the people i worked with, they help each other out and there is not alot of drama. The managers are usually nice and will listen to you if you do your work as you are supposed to.
Th only downside is that, especially for the choppers with the amount of chopping we do a day, it would make sense if we got compensated a little more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break only 30 mins
Very fast pace great manager and assistant manager cool staff
chopper/runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
It was a learning experience
Very fast paced , but it’s bearable
Time flies as you work and a lot of great people there
To keep you going
Fun people to work with
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very fast paced
Team Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYSeptember 3, 2018
I worked there for 3 years and i felt treated unfairly being that i had already had the food manageable experience, seem as if i was never come out of a shift supervisor position
Pros
Free meals
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chop't Creative Salad Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight