CHR Solutions Employee Reviews

great enviornment
Fiber Optic Inspector (Current Employee) –  Painted Post, NYApril 3, 2018
This was a great company to work for, I was just laid off due to lack of work. the management was great and the benefits even better. Even though it took me away from my family they made arrangements for me to fly home every 30 days.
Struggling company that uses unethical practices
Sr. Director System Design / Implementations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
I was doing the role of 3 people while I worked there with no recognition. They practiced unethical conduct at the highest levels of the company and did not pay their vendors for up to 1 year in 1 case.

Their reputation is very bad in the industry, deservedly so.
Pros
Small company that had huge potential
Cons
Unethical practices jeopardized vendor relationships and struggling financially.
Zero Collaboration With Manegement
OSP Technician/Fiber Assignment (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77036January 24, 2018
Was given work and basically thrown to the wolves. You never knew if you needed to improve or not and was never told about deadlines of any sort. Management hardly contacted you about anything.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
No motivation
Activity, involvement in the community
Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 12, 2018
Little to none. High turnover. Over promised and was not given a chance. They over work you and think that throwing money at you will make you happy but in the end it is about filling there pockets not yours.
Pros
Friends i have made
Cons
Had to work hard to get excepted and was easily dimissed and forgotten.
it was freezing
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 28, 2017
it was a cold warehouse where i was a janitor. i would sweep the floor . Dry water, throw away trash, clean curtains. paint poles, clean walls,move pallets out the way.
Cons
freezing low pay
not great
Counsel (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
not great place. lack of management and poor guidance. No well defined parameters for direction of company or employees. Fiscal instability of company
Very challeging job
OSP ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  MANY CITIES IN GA.July 24, 2017
Very rewarding place to work. Enjoyed the challanges and support I received. Enjoyed working with windstream personel. I had a great support from the people at chr solutions.
Pros
A great place for self starter
Cons
No long term work
Not a bad place to work, not and amazing one either
Network Control Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 21, 2017
CHR Solutions is an international company so I am sure not all locations are going to be the same as what I experienced, however my time in the Lubbock branch showed me that the management there had a small penchant for nepotism and featured a manager who was prone to public unprofessional outbursts, and had infamously started an office fantasy football league and then refused to pay out any winnings once his team was no longer in the running (lost in the playoffs) I'm salty about this because I won and was due a few hundred dollars, but he reneged 1 week before the championship directly after his loss.
Good people to work with
SERVICE CENTER IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with CHR, I learned a lot from them, the people are wonderful, it is a fun place to work but there is no room for advancement with in the company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Only if this is your only option
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2016
That is one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. The company is very unorganized. Management micromanages their teams. I am not set up for success in terms of meeting client demands. The benefits are virtually nonexistent. There is little to no work life balance. At any given moment you are expected to drop whatever you're doing for the client. This means sacrificing important events such as your daughter's graduation. The work I do is never appreciated or even acknowledge. My coworkers are really great, nice people that I enjoy interacting with. The company restructures frequently yet can never seem to get it quite right. With a different leadership team I believe the company would succeed.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly and resourceful
Cons
Expensive health benefits, no other benefits/perks typically gained from working in corporate America, office located in a horrible area
A Great Place To Work
Tier 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 6, 2016
The corporate culture was supportive and made me feel like I was a part of something and not just a number. I accepted a pay cut to feel like I was building something.
Pros
Support from Management, PTO Benefits
Cons
Didn't work out in the end.
Forward thinking company with great staff!
OSp Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 12, 2016
This company has amazing staff. Like many large companies there are hurdles, but the management and staff work hard to streamline any difficulties that come up. The work atmosphere is fun and exciting.
Worked with a fun competent team in a field office
Senior Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 1, 2015
I functioned as a client service representative and as needed a project manager. Having limited staff in a remote field office to corporate, much had to be accomplished by few. On a monthly basis I would review all client billing before issuance. I reviewed and assisted in facility and network designs. I met with clients and potential clients in an effort to promote our engineering and marketing services. The care of clients was paramount so a great deal of glad handing was done.
Pros
Worked with good people and great staff.
Cons
The office shut down in Vancouver.
Sales Management is nonexistent
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Communication is poor between the sales managers to their team and to HR. This is a good job to get by on, but not for a long term career. I do not see this company thriving and succeeding much longer in the competitive market they are in.
Pros
People in the NOC and operations are very friendly.
Cons
No communication, have to sell the company as well as the service, bad neighborhood for a server room and NOC.
Great learning experience
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Great learning experience, great management, Professional enviorment
Place to avoid if possible
Outside Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 13, 2014
Company lacks foresight. Poor financial decisions have left them rotating and cutting many employees. Not much room for advancement. Human Resources do not understand the company policies, and managers will not fight for their people if a dispute were to occur. This company may also be among the worst with dealing with military reservist/national guard. I do not anticipate this company will exist in the next few years if radical and immediate change does not take place.
Pros
Lubbock is not a bad town
Cons
Pay is mediocre, company does not back employees, no room for advancement, most of the company is outsourced to India, management and HR do not know their jobs well
Challenging work with opportunities to meet new interesting people.
Senior Resident Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJune 15, 2014
My job is challenging on a daily basis and fortunatly I am given leway to come up with unique problem solving ideas with clients needs and wishes in mind for the best out come of the project.
I have learned about managment of projects, people, and client interaction as well as communication skills with contractors and permitting agencies.
Some of the management requirements are redundent and typically lead to micro management that leads to poor morral.
The best part of my job is the people I have had the pleasure of working with and the client personel I have interacted with.
Good place to work but low compensation.
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2013
Typical work day is interacting with clients, designing systems, reviewing costs, building maps. Corporate office is very disconnected to the remote offices.
It was a good oportunity to learn
Inspector III (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJanuary 15, 2013
A so so company. To much travel and wouldn't hire me on full time although I worked as a job to job contractor for nearly three years.
Pros
good money
Cons
100% travel
Good people/good goals/well defined business plan
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2013
CHR is a fast growing company with a lot of knowledgeable people in leadership that will help maintain it's growth and continue the success of the employees.