Chrestomathy, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Great hours, but negative environment
Program Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 1, 2018
The positive thing about this job is the consistent hours and the fact that the pay is pretty decent compared to other similar jobs in the area. However, there are no consequences for staff barely doing their job because they don't want to fire anyone (because they have an issue with hiring). You may spend a majority of your day driving, and if they make you a job coach you will be doing that most days and the pay starts to not feel worth it. Sometimes can be rewarding with good relationships with clients, but it can also be stressful. You need to stay positive, because one negative person can send the whole site into a bad spiral. It's very difficult to stay here for longer than a year.
Pros
Consistent hours, decent pay, teamwork
Cons
Stressful, potential for harm, bad coworkers/management
Management needs to be replaced.
Program Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2018
I have never worked for a company more disorganized then this one. No appreciation for staff or how hard the staff works. I feel like management needs to be replaced.
Cons
Not long enough lunch break, paid to little for so much work.
If you want to work in this field, go somewhere else
Program Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 30, 2017
Clients were wonderful, management was terrible. Program directors lack a backbone and never enforce anything. This place literally hires anyone because no one sticks around longer than a few months, so the quality of staff is usually lacking out of a necessity for people. Lots of poor attitudes and poor work performance, which management never addresses. I loved my clients, but you couldn't pay me enough money to return to Chrestomathy. Bad work culture all around. Company owner plays favorites with employees and it shows.
Pros
Consistent work schedule
Cons
Short breaks, always short staffed, bad attitudes from supervisors and program directors
Management needs to be better
Vocational program trainer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 23, 2017
Management often takes one word over someone else’s. Quick to write people up over little things. Management is just not good in general. Owner doesn’t like to fire people, but management will threaten to fire you if you don’t sign a write up.
Cons
Short breaks, little pay.
Ok place
Program Trainer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 3, 2017
Ok place to work. Clients kept me coming back. Some of the staff are difficult to work with. Management is not organized. Some staff can be lazy and there are no consequences for that. Pay is good and it is consistently 40 hours a week.
stressful but rewarding workplace
Program Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 5, 2017
I absolutely loved working with my clients, but admin made it very difficult to enjoy work.

A small number of people had to do more work at the job, but got paid the same wage as everyone else who did not have to do more.

There is hardly room for advancement. You can have the most experience and education level requirements, and they will most likely pick someone out of house for the advanced position.

The clients are amazing. It is really rewarding spending time with the clients who go to this program.

All of my coworkers were great and for the most part everyone worked as a team.

Management is very unpredictable. One day they may have your back and make sure your safety is a priority, then the next day there is no one to help when you are in a scary situation by yourself.
Pros
The clients are fun and coworkers were awesome
Cons
managment is not always there for you, if you file any complaint with admin they will most likely do nothing. Unpaid lunches, very stressful workplace.
Former Program trainer
Former member (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 5, 2017
The clients are amazing! That is the best part of the job! Very rewarding. But the "management" is terrible. We had harassment and rasiscm going on and they ignored it. It's a company who really doesn't care about it's employees. No job growth, owner doesn't know you by name nor is around EVER, you get treated like your replaceable(because you are. They hire anyone). If you really want to work with adults with disabilities go somewhere else. I mean it. I will always love working with adults with disabilities, amazing job. But this place ruins you.
Day Program
Program Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2016
Direct care provided to high behavior adults in a day program setting. Helped teach daily living skills, hygiene, academic, and language skills. Distribute medications and accurate logging for client activity. This job can be very rewarding however it takes a great deal patience and understanding of mental health disabilities. The work place can become very high stress and proper training is needed to stay safe in high behavior situations. The facility needs updating and the client numbers are growing therefore making it difficult to preform daily activities in individual training rooms.
Fun place to work
Program Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 3, 2015
Chrestomathy was a fun place to work that also provided you with additional challenges and responsibilities if you were willing to work for it.
One of the toughest jobs I have had.
Human Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 8, 2014
The staff there are exceptional people. I have learned a lot about mental health from the clients there.
Pros
Watching some one complete a task
Cons
The clients can become very violent
It was awesome working with the clients
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNDecember 21, 2011
Management was lacking, I felt they needed more of a back bone.
Pros
working with different disablities, and others
Cons
raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrestomathy, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.