Christ Church Employee Reviews

challenging environment
Discipleship Ministry Leader (Former Employee) –  Fairfax Station, VAMarch 15, 2018
I gave my heart to this job, but it is time for me to move on. The senior pastor is amazing. The staff is great. A very caring and supportive group of people.
Loving and Caring Preschool
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 5, 2018
Teaching Our Children Spiritually or T.O.T.S. Program at Christ Church is an excellent resource for parents who would like their children to be with other children while also learning about God and the Bible. Because they do not teach formal academics, parents are strongly encouraged to teach their children age appropriate academics at home. That will help the kids become well-rounded and ready for their next grade level. Christ Church has a very loving and caring staff, and the prices per month for the program are very affordable!
Welcoming, collaborative environment to provide musical services
Choir Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IowaJanuary 14, 2018
The work was on Sunday services from 9-12, where we would rehearse service music for an hour and a half and then perform it in the church service. I interacted with a variety of individuals from both the congregation and administration to make each service a fun and enjoyable experience for the congregation.
Not an open and friendly church!
Organist/Pianist (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Christ Church is a struggling congregation with the median age at 70. There is no vision for the future and the church cannot pay it's bills! For children and young people, there are no active programs and not much in the way of religious education for adults and families.
Pros
Social and Friendly
Cons
The choir only consists of about 6-7 people
Work place culture
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 13, 2017
I am not on staff as a full-time employee, so I really cannot give a full or accurate accreditation as to what really goes on, on a full day-to-day basis. As a part-timer, I cannot say it is all fun.
Too many children for the space.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJOctober 12, 2017
I was a teacher's assistant. I had to clean the classroom before the children arrived.
I helped with activities and lunch time.

The classrooms were too small to accommodate the number of children.
The teacher's aids changed constantly which disrupted the daily routine and would get the children and parents upset.
Pros
Most parents were aware of the teacher's aids, assistants' hard work.
Cons
Too crowded classrooms, the playground is a parking lot.
Internship
Summer intern (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 10, 2017
It was just an internship, I definitely learned a good bit. But there was a lot of down time. I had to get my hours in, but found myself finding stuff to do. Great people and great atmosphere of course.
good hours
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXJune 28, 2017
Typically I would come to work for my normal hours and I went on break kind of at the same time. Working at Christ church with the most amazing kids in the city is amazing and anyone would love it. Working at Christ church helped me gather a great tolerance as well as falling in love with teaching children. The work place culture is very hectic and you are almost always in fear of your job. The environment is very cut throat because their is always someone with an imagination creating false stories about your work ethic(including management).
Pros
christmas bonus, teacher appreciation week, valentines day gifts(from parents), baby sitting gigs, nanny gigs.
Cons
no benefits, not appreciative, negative vibes, no possible way to advance
Atmosphere
VOLUNTEER EXPEREINCE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
Great assembly to be a part of. I enjoyed attending the church every Sunday as well as forming lasting friendships while attending. The people were very loving.
ELCA Lutheran church
Office Director (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMay 31, 2017
An ELCA Lutheran church, working to be relevant to those not in attendance yet. Outstanding early childhood program with newly created Treehouse early learning environment.
A great learning opportunity
Volunteer Photographer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 14, 2017
I will periodically receive an email from various event organizers at Christ Church that are in need of help with photographing. I usually am asked to volunteer about once a month. Christ Church is a well organized community, and I am glad to help out wherever I can.
Pros
Practice with photography, meeting/socializing with event attendees
Cons
No compensation
Quiet and calm
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2017
Working here as a clerk/accounting was very calm and quiet. Wasn't able to talk as much or show my personality but overall all it was avery quiet slow environment.
Pre school teacher
Pre School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2017
Working with 3 and 4 year old's in the Mother's Day Out program.
It was fun teaching the children their alphabet, numbers, and crafts.
Very rewarding when you see at the end of the year how much they have grown.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Politics
Wonderful!
Vocal Ministry Leader & Choir Director (Current Employee) –  Fairfax Station, VAFebruary 27, 2017
Friendly workplace, the management has been on staff for a long time, they have lots of experience and take time to listen and consider input from even the fewest hours employees. I find this a wonderful place to work!
Productive Workplace
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILFebruary 13, 2017
The staff was very nice. The work place environment and the Church itself is a great place. There was just no room for advancement.
Pros
Great place to worship and they have a cool cafe.
Cons
No room for growth
Productives
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  140 Green Pond Rd, Rockaway NJJanuary 23, 2017
Responsible for monitoring facility during services days and nights. Closing facility after usages.
Provide administrative paperwork along with full provisions by confronting trespassers which allow incidents to be reduced by 2 percent
Good
Associate Pastor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Great place to work with great people. Wonderful environment with lots of opportunity to grow and improve the organization. Highly recommend for someone who loves people.
I was able to help people
Office Assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 19, 2016
I enjoyed the inter active association I had with the staff, members and walk-ins. I was a member of the Church and still have friends I keep in contact with through social media.
Pros
I was volunteering my time
Fun job!
BABYSITTER (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 15, 2016
Kids are very well behaved, even toddlers. Snacks, diapers, toys are all supplied. Pay is great! Hours aren't too long.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
n/a
Rewarding atmosphere.
Cafeteria Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 20, 2016
The people that work here are not only intellectual people, but they also are some of the most encouraging people I have ever met.