CHRIST COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place to work for those wishing to do faith based care
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TNMarch 1, 2018
This is a good place to work if you wish to work in a faith-based health care system. The real plus about working here is that spirituality is integrated into the care. For example, there is a spiritual health team that helps provide care and all providers are given training on how to incorporate faith into their work. This is unlike other health care systems in Memphis where the system may be supported by a church yet not explicitly use prayer or other elements of faith in the care. Also healthcare here is comprehensive; there are behavioral health services, dentistry clinics, and women's healthcare services. Like every place, there are pros and cons for working here. Many of the people working here are big-hearted and this is a real benefit. Some of the cons may be related more to the state of health care in this country rather than the company in particular. If you are flexible and a problem solver you will find working here enjoyable.
Stressful Environment
Psychologist/Behavioral Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2018
Christ Community is wonderful on paper, but very disorganized behind the scenes. Management choices are poor, and the organization is continually in financial crisis.
Great experience, horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2018
I loved the job and the atmosphere when management wasn't there. Management is HORRIBLE. If one doesn't like you, THE WHOLE MANAGEMENT team doesn't like you and they WILL TARGET YOU. It's a job, though..
Christian based facility
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 18, 2017
Great with assisting the uninsured population resources throughout the community. Benefits were competitive other than other companies. Family based structure.
Great place to work when you are starting out
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 12, 2017
The doctors are nice and the staff is very helpful. The benefits are great but the pay is not so great, however, for someone coming out of dental school it is and the hours and workplace environment is good.
Pros
Benefits, long lunch
Cons
Wages
Cchs
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 28, 2017
Leadership is poor. Morale is low. Turnover is high. Advancement is based on friendship with administrative executives. I would not recommend this company for anything.
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2017
Christ community is a great non profit organization to work for.
My position I held there was a phone operator were I scheduled appointments for patients .
Productive, awesome place to work only one complaint
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 31, 2017
I loved working at CCHS! I enjoyed my provider, the patients, my coworkers, pay was great and break times. Management! Management! Management! That's the source of their turnover rate. That admin office needs a serious reevaluation. I expected more from a Christ based clinic. But I'm not the most religious for that reason.
Pros
An overall great place to work. Experience with a bit of everything. Great!
Cons
Management sucks
okay work place.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2017
I help patient with making appointments as well as anything else I may be able to help with. I speak to English & Spanish speaking patients. The hardest part is not being paid fairly.
Helpful for experience
Adult Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 15, 2017
Not sure how much I can say about this company but it's a bit more harder than I thought co workers being late along with management so it's was very hard
Pros
Cons
Co workers
not productive
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 20, 2017
It is not productive and a hostile work environment even with the employees. No team work ethics and poor management skills. Its more less than a family but it is more of a who know who place. They do seem to favor certain people than the ones who work hard and do what they do best. You have people who have been fired for criminal issues and you also have people there who have been arrested for drugs, guns, intent to distributed.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
cons have already been stated above
Workplace Culture
Director Spiritual Health (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2017
The Culture is great and yet challenging. The people are caring and love to help people get the best Health services. The role that I had was a very demanding role with 300 employees to administrate Pastoral care to the team. This role was extremely awesome.
Community Outreach
Community Health Navigator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2016
Typical days at cchs consisted of scheduling new and existing patients appointments for all the clinics, visiting patients while they're in the hospital, home visits when requested, conducting follow-up contacts to discharge patients, and finding out what the patients barriers were i.e. copay pay, medications, transportation, dental, housing, and sometimes referrals to specialists. The most exciting thing about this position was participating in the health fairs which allows you to meet new people from the community to spread the word about cchs services and locations.
Pros
1 hr lunches, paid major holidays
Cons
High deductible insurance, no tuition reimbursement, and short staffed
Busy clinic with fun atmosphere and encouraging spirits
Registration Clerk/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2015
Daily operations of general office duties and registering patients. Scheduling appointments and taking payments. Also, verifying insurance and releasing patient records per request.
Great Place to work
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2015
Working CCHS was a wonderful internship experience. I got to travel each week a different site there are 6. I had some great mentors, and my primary supervisor is still a friend of mine. However, I do feel that hiring an intern was a way to get free help for the summer. The internship was not paid and there was no indication that there would be an opportunity, for permanent hire or advancement once the internship was over.
My overall experience was great and I learned a lot from the social workers at CCHS.
Pros
social networking opportunities, diversity in job tasks from site to site
Cons
unpaid internship with no opportunities for hire
A great place to be where a person can grow in the Lord.
Medical Assistant Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Telfair St., Augusta, Ga.September 28, 2015
Christ Community is a place that care for their employees as well as their patients, I consider it an honor to have done my extern there and would recommend them to anyone who needs their services.
a typical work day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2015
A nice place to work. The provider care about their patients and staff. They live in the neighborhood where they provide care for patients. The patients can be a little rowdy at times. Management seem to care at times and points.
Pros
work hours
Cons
pay raises
Cchs
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2015
I work in the lab at CCHS. I have learned a lot since I have worked at CCHS. I love the fact that Ii get to work with a variety of patients. I love being able to help all my patients and talk to them ! i enjoy listening to all my patients and their stories that they share with me. I am the last person they see before they leave the office so I hear all about their experience that day at the doctor ! I enjoy working with all my wonderful co workers who are there to help the patients as i am !
Great Opportunity
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis TNAugust 25, 2015
This is a great place to advance your professional career. This place promotes professional development through training and formal education.
Pros
Work schedule.
Cons
we are not able to serve everyone
Awesome place to work!!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GaAugust 1, 2015
One of the top, if not the best place I have ever served! If you have a heart for ministry, it give you great opportunity to operate in your Gifts. There are a lot of reasons to work here, don't get me wrong, no organization is perfect but 92% of the people who work here really love the Lord.
Pros
Ministry, Devotions, Employer Paid Health Insurance, Free lunches from reps, positive environment
Cons
No paid vacations, receive PTO instead, lower salaries because of Non-profit status