Christensen Farms Employee Reviews

Poor management and terrible company to work for
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNSeptember 14, 2018
They have very poor management for a pretty large company. Good/ hard workers are not given credit when credit is due. The slacking workers seem to get more credit in the company. The place like to point fingers at one another and then pick someone for the over all blame. If you’re thinking of picking this company as a place to work. I’d highly recommend going to a different place to look. They say respect is one of the five things that built the company when it’s not. They also work 12 days on and 2 off the hours they say you’ll work is not true at all. You’re lucky to leave on time one day a week. I will never go back to this company ever again.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very poor management, and lie about hours
Poor management
Herdsperson (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNSeptember 3, 2018
It was fun working with pigs at first and my job was great but then we lost a good manager and things went downhill from there. There was too much favoritism towards some of the new employees because they knew the managers personally and other good employees started to leave. And the upper management doesn't really care or pay attention to the employees they just take the word of other managers.i heard things were better when the original owner was still alive but after his passing it all went downhill.
Pros
Working with pigs
Bad company to work for 0
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNJuly 22, 2018
Inefficient in the way they do business poor management just overall Bad company to work for if you're applying for a job with them don't do it you are held accountable for other people's mistakes you're not allowed to do on-the-go thinking and decision-making and problem solving communication is very poor working for them you need to be at multitasking wizard in order to keep up with their construction process
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
Poor management
Keeps you busy
Animal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Olivia, MNJune 14, 2018
There’s typically always something that needs to be done on the breeding and farrowing farms. For part-timers, we do laundry, hang cards, assist with moving pigs and setting up farrowing rooms, etc.
Stay away
J3 Herds person (Former Employee) –  Neb4askaMay 19, 2018
Poor working employees cause good employees to leave. Not a stable environment, cry loud enough may get your way. Id keep looking. Good workers try and get nothing, poor workers stir the pot and get rewarded.
Pros
New job
Cons
Staying
Good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atkinson, NEMay 7, 2018
Good place to work for and the work makes you think about what you need to do no two days are the same good mangers good employers overall I would recommend this job
Productive and fun place to work
J2 position/herdsperson (Former Employee) –  Kansas, ILMarch 18, 2018
I loved my job here and would never have left. But some of the barn managers are only there for a paycheck..they pick and choose favorite team members and if you disagree with an opinion of theirs they do not like it.
Pros
Working wth animals and learning new things about pigcare
Cons
Poor management..
Lots of great people
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Alden, IAJanuary 13, 2018
I had a lot of fun working with the people and pigs. There was some things that could be improved. The pay was great as independent contractor not so much as new employees
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not a lot good communication
It a okay place to work just don't move up
Animal Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Kansas, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Management get taken advantage of and have little power to change things. They are salary and work tones of hrs. The pay for management is not good. The only thing they have going for them is weekends off when they actually get them and holidays off. Some managers are running 2 farms and get little compensation. As a farm worker the job is great but don't move up
Pros
schedules, the days off some during the week, caring managers
Cons
low pay for management and they get taken advantage of.
My Favorite
BREEDING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MNJanuary 2, 2018
Every day is similar for work, but not every day has the same amount of work
I learned alot about animals and all the care to keep them healthy and productive
Management was really good and supportive
Workplace is very busy, but clean and enjoyable
The hardest part is keeping up on busy days and making sure everything is top notch
The most enjoyable part is defiently seeing the numbers and how everything comes to place when things are done right
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hours
not a good job
Herdsperson (Former Employee) –  Sveadahl, MNDecember 5, 2017
Overall was not a great experience, the training and management was very poor. Was not paid fair enough for what the job required. Worked super long hours, and the bosses seemed not to care.
Summer Job
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNNovember 13, 2017
I worked a temporary position through Christensen Farms in the Human Resource Department while in college and loved it! I was supported by a great team/management and felt they were flexible with my schedule. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming and I couldn't have asked for a better experience there.
Fast-paced work environment with long hours
Animal Care Giver, Breed lead (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNOctober 24, 2017
Loved working with pigs.
Disliked the inconsistency of work hours and every-other weekend
No opportunities in the career path I wanted to pursue
Need to pay more
trabajos faciles, empezando con un cafesito
tratar cerdas y cuidado de crías (Former Employee) –  norfolk nebraskaSeptember 1, 2017
sé trabaja en buen ambiente, aveces nos ayudábamos un compañero a otro
Pros
servicio médico economico
Cons
todo bien
Everyone for themselves
Heardsperson (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNAugust 29, 2017
At first it was very interesting but as I worked I wanted to learn other steps in other areas. I was always overlooked. It seemed like you had to compete for knowledge. I was never taught the things I requested to learn.
Pros
Nice pay for this area.
Cons
Work load unevenly distributed. Very poor managment.
Would recommend to anyone!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Iowa Falls, IAJuly 27, 2017
I absolutely loved going to work. My coworkers were willing to help without complaints. Management was egar to teach me new things about the company and pig care in general. I learned so much through this company and wish they'd had barns in western Iowa, so I could work for them again.
Pros
Barns in good conditions, great management
Cons
Pig health not the best
managagment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNJuly 19, 2017
The employees are great, the management is not. They are short tempered, hostile at times and do not handle situations appropriately. They let you know they are the boss.
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
management
Productive, fun, good people, learned alot
Piglet care (Former Employee) –  Leon, IAJune 20, 2017
I learned a lot from the barns I was at it was very knowledgeable and fun and great hours, it was close to home I really loved it there! My manager was great there was a lot of team work.
Productive and fun work place
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Randolph, NEJune 5, 2017
I worked at M25 and enjoyed working here. Great benefits and pay. Everyone got along and the atmosphere was outstanding. Would love to go back, actually.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
I loved every aspect of it, so for me there weren't any cons
fursterating
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMay 11, 2017
barn manager made it very hard to find the barn sites per day by giving very unclear directions. work there wasn't bad but the management was horrible..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christensen Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about