Christian Broadcasting Network Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Partner Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 8, 2018
National Christian Ministry. The atmosphere was conducive for productivity and developing relationships. Very supportive management team. The work day also consisted of daily chapels to spiritual encouragement and strength.
Fairly good company to work for
Sr Business Systems Analyst, Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 6, 2018
Being a Christian Nonprofit has its ups and downs like any other organization. There are people who have been there for a very long time and some that have been there for only 5 years. The culture is a bit different than secular organizations. It is not an easy organization to get hired in to.
Pros
Daily Chapel is part of the workday
Cons
Lack of raises for both cost of living and merit.
Inspirational
Prayer Counselor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Prayer with callers. As Customer Service Representative, contact via phone was made with financial partners to update credit card information. This was often most enjoyable. The least enjoyable was the script required of prayer partners and the asking for donations.
Pros
Satisfying
Cons
Mechanical
Productive Environment
TELEPHONY PROJECT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 27, 2018
Fast pace call center environment that enables its employees to excel, thrive, and be effective. Overall be ready to work hard and aid in changing lives.
Review Summary
Partner Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 6, 2018
Working at CBN was a great place to work. the hours were reasonable but the pay could have been a little better. Working weekends were mandatory, I did not like working weekends.Really not sure what to say its been many years since I've worked here and some many things were going in my life during that time period. Did enjoy the chapel session during work hours very filling and need.
Pros
Concret hours
Cons
Concret hours
What Can I Say
Partner Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2018
Really not sure what to say its been many years since I've worked here and some many things were going in my life during that time period. Did enjoy the chapel session during work hours very fulling and need.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
management
Workplace atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 9, 2018
The company is great for part time work.
Prayer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2018
This company promotes unity and godliness as it is a Christian oriented environment focusing on prayer and scriptural living. It is a good place to learn to live out the word of God.
Enjoyed ministry opportunities.
Partner Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 5, 2018
Difficult to separate ministerial skills and business protocols when praying for people. For me this is paramount and serious, and there can be no compromise. Nothing more to add.
Pros
ministry opportunities
Cons
no advancemnt for some
wonderful work place
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 31, 2018
I enjoy coming to work every day. the load is great and the team building is amazing. there are so many ways to grow here in the company. if you are looking for some where come here.
Hostile work environment.
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 3, 2018
Upper management runs the department through threats, intimidation, and fear. A simple mistake or disagreement on how a situation is handled gets blown out of proportion and you get written up for it. This includes getting yelled at by multiple supervisors with threats of being terminated and them not forgetting about what happened but use it to hold over your head in the future. You can’t even explain or stand up for yourself when scrutinized without getting shouted down. This explains the extremely high turnover rate for such a small department. Therefore, this forces officers and dispatchers to work mandatory overtime which burns them out and getting leave requests disapproved, even when put out months in advance. There has also been certain levels of corruption swept under the rug due to favoritism. Overall, good people get treated poorly here which is sad for a “Christian Environment.”
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Shift work, hostile management
Cutting edge and fast paced.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 20, 2018
Wonderful place to work. The people who help make up the company provided a safe and friendly atmosphere. Management was for the most part in touch with those that reported to them. Always had an open door policy. Believed in team work and a unified front. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all deadlines were met in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that everyone band together for one common purpose and that was to serve the partners and meet the needs as they arise effectively and efficiently. In my almost 21 years at CBN I have learned that people from all walks of life are loving, caring, considerate and most accommodating. I have learned that you can have a family outside of your own biological family. I have learned patience and understanding is truly a virtue. (smile) And, that sometimes doing a service is more rewarding than a take home pay. (But it don't hurt to have the money).
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working sometimes through inclement weather
Inconsistent management.
Senior Internal Auditor and Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 30, 2018
Management was very inconsistent and unable or unwilling to mentor. Also created an extremely hostile work environment. Pay was below industry standards and pay raises were few and far between.
Pros
Travel and humanitarian work
Cons
Inconsistent management
Relaxed atmosphere
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 22, 2018
I was given clear instructions for my contracted position. The manager took me around to all of the business areas that I would be working with. They let me set my own pace and I delivered the reults of my analysis and work flow on time.
Pros
everyone was friendly and helpful
Cons
contract expired
Great place to work and fellowship
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 7, 2018
CBN is a dynamic and fulfilling place to work. Co-workers are exceptionally professional yet fun and dedicated to their areas of expertise in helping to carry out the company's mission to spread the Gospel all over the world. It does so in various ways: TV programming, social media, mobile apps and through humanitarian aid.
Great Christian Environment
Partner Service Rep, Partner Relations Team (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2018
Great place to work, chapel every day, friendly coworkers, management was supportive, good training for the job, most enjoyable part of the job was getting to pray for people.
Pros
Chapel, co-workers
Cons
fast-paced calls with no time between them
IT Department - Information Security
Info Sec (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 10, 2017
The majority of the IT staff appeared to be dividing their energies between work and self-protection. Furthermore, If you are looking for relationship-oriented leadership, you will definitely need to look elsewhere. The leadership in the IT department created a very dull and lifeless environment. My direct Manager (Information Security) greatly lacked people management skills and was extremely unprofessional, uncommunicative, insecure/pretentious, and very inconsistent.
I was a remote cameraman who travelled about half the time.
Video Journalist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 16, 2017
I was a remote cameraman who travelled about half the time.
My job was to go out with another cameraman and a producer to create a 3-5 minute story in a day. If the trip were 5 days we'd produce 3-4 stories to be aired on a network station.
Pros
Lots of variety. Godd people to work with.
Cons
There was overscheduling at times. I once was on the road 10 weeks in a row.
Fun and inspirational
Partner Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 16, 2017
An ideal place to work. Lots of fun activities. The hardest part of the job was the difficult and repeat customers that called every hour or four or more times a day that never seemed to be happy with even the best prayer.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the chapel times when we could just relax for a moment, and the holidays with all the festive activities.
Pros
telethon
Cons
length of time it took to get a response to schedule or position changes
Overly-taxing on the emotions
Partner Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 30, 2017
Imagine all of the worst components of working in a call center, and then add the factor of this being a PRAYER based call center. 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, representatives take calls from all over the country. Specifically, the workers are expected to pray for the callers. Numerous prayer requests flood in. Workers can take as many as 50 to 150 prayer requests per shift ranging to the harmless blessings for a person's well being, to the harrowing domestic situations, cancer patients, suicide attempts, etc.

It is intense and emotionally taxing, but management expects you to take it all in stride and basically churn out prayers like an automaton. Unless you are capable of being insensitive to those in need, and simultaneously being verbally abused by the more entitled members of society, I would recommend looking elsewhere for employment.