Christian Brothers Automotive
58Below average

Christian Brothers Automotive Employee Reviews

United States195 reviews
location is important.
I was a service writer at the Amarillo location. Overall I was fairly happy with my job. I made decent money and enjoyed being on the other side of the shop for a change. What eventually drove me away from working here was the price they charge customers. I couldn't stomach charging customers what I did any longer. 200-300% markup on most things. $7k engine our cost was 11k plus labor to the customer. $4 spark plug was 15 for them. It just wasn't right, and I couldn't do it anymore.
Very honest owner that cares about his employees. Will go out of his way to please you. Not just a boss but true friend as well. Very honest with every customer. Full transparency with all needed repairs.
Excellent work culture with family atmosphere
Everyday was fun and exciting, from talking with the technicians, to helping the customers. The owner made you feel like family and the location is really good.
Christian platform
It is a great company. I truly love the concept and the staff of the corporate office. They really do care about the employee and the customer alike. Their motto is Love they neighbor as yourself. Since they are franchises do research on the one you will be applying to. Some have different ideas of your value.
Great place of employment
I absolutely loved this place, my boss was super nice, and very accommodating. Unfortunately, I stepped away for another position. Would go back in a heart beat anytime.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Owners have no automotive experience
My experience started off positive, great pay, no weekends. Then we went through a couple managers and ended up with the horrible excuse for a Christian (he’s actually Mormon) that they have now. The owners are amazing, however without knowing how a really shop runs, they hire someone that looks good on paper, but could never make it outside CBA or any other aftermarket environment. He was rude, and blamed everything on his employees. I went back to the dealer I came from and have customers telling me he’s bad mouthing me after I left You never feel secure in your job and corporate micro manages everything My first month back at the dealer I did $100k They wouldn’t even let me sell at CBA Their loss, now they are stuck with a mean manager that has already been fired from
One CBA and vendors are about to start dropping like flies
Stay away
If you don't mind sacrificing ethics and don't need to sleep at night this place is OK. Otherwise don't fall for the Christian facade. The main priority is making the company money, the customers have no clue they're being taken advantage of because of the "Christian" name
Great, Professional work place
Put aside that it is a franchise company, I worked with a great team. I started when I was 16 cleaning up the shop and going the school. Saw an opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Christian Brothers is a quality establishment. The pay was good, as I climbed the ladder, the pay got better, benefits, etc. Take care of your job and your job will take care of you! One of my favorite shops to work at.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Christian Brothers Automotive?
This is a franchise company
Depending on the franchisee that you work for will make your life a Christian Brothers alright or an absolute nightmare. Mine was the latter. They have the option to pay your bonus or say Not Today and they will make the goal to make your bonus unreachable. I do not suggest employment there... far better companies who actually pay you what you are worth are out there.
Dont waste your time
Too much shop politics the shop foreman chooses what you get not fair with labor hours one of the managers is not fair with workers I did not feel comfortable working there in order to get work you have to be real cool with the shop foreman and hes a two face along with the main manager the owner is a good person but i hated being there
Management never there
Management leaving not telling where their going or how long they will be always came in late but left early I was encouraged not to take a lunch I did like having weekends off but worked almost 11-12 hour days with no OT pay
Hard to achieve full potential.
Don't expect to have work ready to go for any given day. Flagging hours does not happen until all inspections, very thorough deep inspections have been made. Was stressful wondering if compensation for hours performed could be over achieved or achieved at all. No pay for filters, wipers, bulbs, inspections. Minimal pay for fluid services.
Fun place to work
Christian Brothers Automotive is a fun exciting place to work. This is not a hard physical job, however it is demanding with time and emotional enegery.
Christian Brothers is a quality establishment, with a good reputation.
A typical day at work involves diagnosing what is not working correctly on cars and trucks, then repairing the problem.
I have learned different programming on specific makes and models of vehicles.

The management is typical of what a quality establishment has.

The workplace culture is also typical to what a person would find in a quality establishment.

I believe the hardest part of my job is waiting for cars and parts to show up. Time is money. Waiting on things affects my paycheck.

The most enjoyable part of my job is figuring out a tough problem that other shops and co-workers could not and then fixing it.
fast paced, high quality customer service is a must, long hours, good pay.
Long Work days. Good Pay. Good place to work.
Work is very customer service oriented.

Christian Brothers is a good company to work for.

Christian Brothers has good pay with benefits.
Very Bad Working Environment - Pay Scam
The workers are very supportive of each other, and there use to be a great General Manager who is now gone. The owner constantly tells the employees they are worthless and calls them idiots (even in front of customers). He doesn't honor his employment contracts. He promises to pay you bonuses, but when you meet your goals he changes the numbers the next day to avoid paying you for your work. He even brags about it to the employees that he would rather take a loss than pay out any bonuses. Very bad owner/operator, but all the employees are very hard working and supportive of each other.
Good
Good job good pay. Couldn’t complain about the people I worked with, or the cars I worked on. Had a good time and learned a lot in a small amount of time.
All about the owner padding his pockets
Christian brothers is all about the owner making money. Could care less about customers Not a great place and more expensive than going to the dealer
Christian Brothers Automotive
My experience as a franchise owner with Christian Brothers Automotive Round Rock has been total outstanding. I took over a business that was underperforming in 2015. It has been my great honor to go through the process of developing a high performance team that today is one of the best in the Christian Brothers Automotive Corp system. Together, we increased our business sales revenue by 75% over the last 4 years- profitable sales revenue!. More than that, we supported and consistently earned the trust of our customers by delivering outstanding service and keeping the interests of our customers first. That's the Christian Brothers Automotive Corp culture! From the Home Office Team throughout each franchise business, we truly treat our customers like we want to be treated- The Golden Rule- in the automotive repair and maintenance market space.
Great Company terrible franchisee
I worked at the Loveland OH location as a service writer . I went through the Genesis training program in Houston TX and really clicked with the company mission. The owner of the location I worked for has absolutely no idea how an automotive repair facility functions . There is no direction or leadership. They preach love they neighbor but they are overcharging customers with over the top labor and fees Too much focus on sales an nothing else
Loved working in this shop.
When i began work here i thought of it as a good part of that piece of puzzle. I didnt know anybody when i moved to florida and the very first 2 days i worked in this shop we were all headed to a state park for bbq they welcomed me into there family and gave me help whenever i needed it really great group of coworkers and it was fun and sun and grease it was nice.Th only downfall if i could say any they low balled me on my sallary when i got thereand never did make it right they were not paying me what I was worth after all my certifications and my years of experience they didnt know me but even after they seen i was capable they never compensateted me . Plus i got home sick for my little girl and in the end decided to move bacj
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Brothers Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8