Christian Brothers Automotive Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lakeway Texas
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXJuly 8, 2018
There is a huge difference between professionalism and uppity This shop wreaks of "I'm morally superior " simply because of its branding yet the owner and manager do not walk the walk. By far the worst employment experience of my life. Lots of build up to get one hired but it's down hill from there.
Pros
Cons
Ownership and management
My personal opinion
Technician (Current Employee) –  9200 Brodie laneJuly 4, 2018
As a certified and educated tech fresh out of college, with an associate, I feel the environment is great. I currently hold general service as my job title. I am encouraged to advance my cerifications to climb the ladder. I do feel slightly held back on growing my knowledge due to my primary responsibilities being general service and inspections. My pay is fair, and reasonable but living location makes it a challenge with salary. Management is impeccable, caring and motivating. Ownership is appreciative, flexible, willing to listen and take suggestions. Also very providing and generous. Work flow can be slow but cleaning or learning during slow times gives an individual the pride of caring for the workplace, and expanding knowledge. Just remember every work environment is unique and ran at a different pace. Takes time to find the best environment for yourself. I certainly found it myself, and have been cared for and recognized for my work.
Pros
Weekends, learning, comfort, fairness
Cons
Organization(improving), airflow, minor lack of needed tools
Great place and great people.
General Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 17, 2018
I would reccommend any mechanic to work for Christian brothers automotive. They are a supreme comlany to work for. The manger of the ankeny iowa branch. Is by far one of the most respectful and loving manager of his employees.
Cons
Short breaks
good place to work if your not in school
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 14, 2018
an amazing team of guys who would definitely be a great team to work and learn with. small shop plenty of work and amazing technitians they had to let me go due to buisness issues but id work there again in a heart beat
Pros
great guys, no weekends, great manager, great environment
Cons
not good if your part time, not good if in school
Relaxed, family friendly, work environment that plays hard.
Franchisee Technical Support and Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
CBA provides a well balanced mix of Christian faith based ideological principles, with forward thinking automotive business acumen.
A place where you can definitely be a part of the growth potential.
Pros
Friendly workplace, with great benefits.
Cons
Cultural Generation gaps.
no advancement--franchises
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 16, 2018
good values, IF all your team and owner stick to their christian values. way too often this is not the case. all about the money with alot of the owners. just because it is a christian based company does not mean all employees or management are christians
good work/life balance
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 15, 2018
good work life balance , but greatly lacking in job security and other benefits as well , over all a 8.5 out of a 10 score , good but not a great place to work
Pros
free breakfast once a week
Cons
unsatable work enviroment
Great people and great atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SHOP HELPER (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXApril 17, 2018
Even though this was a part-time job for me, I was treated very fairly and I loved working here. They were all very good to me and the atmosphere was great. I loved working here!
Pros
Great people, flexible, always willing to help!
Fairly good place to work
Automotive Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 15, 2018
This was a decent place to work. Typical automotive shop. Plenty of shop politics. Young manager. Very little opportunity for career advancement. company was supportive of training.
Pros
pay
Cons
no benefits
Franchise
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
Not worth it to work for a franchise store!!!!!!!!!! Not to many good benefits. No job security whatsoever, poor management, no sick pay. I will never again work for a franchise store again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing faculty
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 4, 2018
Absolutely loved this job, they treat each employee like family, have amazing benefits, and go above and beyond. they help customers and are fair to everyone
Pros
friday lunches
Great pay very low car count
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  NcMarch 22, 2018
Store has been open two years and has had three owners and 22 technicans . Current owner and service manager have no experience and it shows . Can't cover your time because car count is so low cooperate claims too care but does no advertising too help increase work load . Love the Christian Brothers faith and being allowed too help people in need is great just wish cooperate helped the franchise owners be successful .
Pros
Great pay . Good vacation time off . One hour lunch and great fellow technicans
Cons
Long hours no car count and management with no prior car care sales skills
Good Guys and a Great Place
Automotive Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 12, 2018
Loved them all... Good People trying to help with difficult issues. Nobody is happy when their transportation fails. These guys try their best to fix your car so that it is safe and reliable. And they do stand behind their repairs for a full two years. Try finding that anywhere else. They buy good parts and do good work, sometimes not the cheapest, but they have to pay their bills and their employees too.
I let them work on my daughters car, and that should say it all!
Pros
discounts on repairs
Cons
Longer hours
poor management at this location. all christian brothers are not like this one
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 24, 2018
Christian brothers is a great place to work . this location had a great owner but he had a young unexperienced manager who cost him some good techs. i truly enjoyed working for Christian brothers and learned a lot. i would work for a Christian brothers in any location i lived in the future
Very Slow
Automotive Service Technician - Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 6, 2018
Very nice place to work, but labor times are very low, high technician turn around, and very light work load making for very small inconsistent checks
Pros
saturdays off
Cons
pay scale
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I miss working here. Great coworkers, and great atmosphere. They take care of their people. I only left because I wanted to move into the oil/gas industry. Many great memories working here.
no work, high turnover, mechanics are disposable
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2018
a small slow shop with too many techs for the work. they hire way too many techs and get upset when you work 50 hours a week and only turn 10 15 hours a week. very slow, management had no idea what it takes to run an actual shop. non paid vacations and they expext you to work before and after shifts for free. there is a reason the tech that had been there the longest was only there gor 5-6 months. run while you have the chance, this place isnt worth your time. 2 out of 5 techs quit while i was employed and they were treated unfairly by management afterwards.
Pros
weeekend off
Cons
no work, high stress, lie to your face.
Shop was run from their corporate office not by the owner.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 17, 2018
I was brought in as a European technician. There was no work in the shop. I was given an awesome weekly guarantee. The main office forced our owners in Mooresville out. They came down telling us to sell shocks, struts and brake flushes. Bottom line they're a company using religion as a crutch to sell people stuff they don't need.
stress full and long hours
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 16, 2018
very poor management don't care how good you think you are you will never make 40 hours none have. owner has never run a shop before. and has ben caught hiding hours so you cant make 40 stay away welfare pays better average employment is about 90 days
Pros
no weakends
Cons
the rest
Great place to work more pros than cons!!!!!!!
GENERAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 14, 2018
Overall this is a great company to work for. The business model, if executed correctly, could be very profitable for both technican, advisor, and owner. The customer service aspect of the company is by far the best one I have seen. The only thing that I would like to see happen is more communication and a better advancement plan for employees. There also needs to be a plan in place to develop young technicians into full fledge master technicians.
Pros
Weekends off, decent pay, health insurance, steady work flow
Cons
No real advancment potential, not much communication between advisor and technician