Christian Brothers Automotive Employee Reviews

Don’t let the name fool you
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
This company is not about Christian values, family atmosphere, a”culture”, or servicing the community. It’s all about the almighty dollar. Inferior parts sold at outrageous margins while the customer is told they only use factory parts, is the norm
Incompetent owners and office staff only adds to the frustration level. No one does the job they were hired for but expect to be successful and profitable. Guess that’s what happens when you hire under qualified personnel to make your margins.
If you are looking for job security, fair compensation or a family atmosphere, keep looking. This organization is just as bad, perhaps worse than all the chain repair facilities.
Pros
5 day work week
Cons
Everything else
Great People
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALSeptember 6, 2018
I liked everyone I worked with. The Monday through Friday schedule was nice, especially for employment in the automotive industry. Also, they treat their people very well and fair.
Not all but a few
Head European technician (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 30, 2018
The one I worked for was new. It was run by a brakes plus manager and all the employees except me were brakes plus members. The manager tried to run it like a brakes plus, being the euro technician I was constantly asked to perform work below the standards of manufacturers. No weight in BMW for alignment, it's a euro if something came back it was automatically your fault even when it was proven something separate had gone wrong. The owner was pretty decent and a good enough guy, however his speach to me was I was "butt hurt" for being forced to work 7 days a week after they went back on their word. If you're not a friend of theirs there is no place there for you. I was the ONLY master certified technician and they let me go to hire on another brakes plus member. Good luck running your shop like brakes plus.
Pros
Free lunch mondays, free stuff, awesome chip system, all the dealer scan tools
Cons
Hours, feel like your in a meat factory, run like every other brakes plus shop.
challenge
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 28, 2018
company as a whole was great was micro managed very badly and sometimes they did not follow the moto that they so greatly say they do. overall it was a good place prices were very high but people paid it. employees were great to work with
Not who they say they are!
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 26, 2018
Wouldn't recommend working here at all. The owner acts like he is concerned about customers but really just wants there money. I have seen customers come in and be greeted by smiling people but once they left they would be made fun of. The owner and manger tell all the techs to look at the cars and make sure they make a big list of repairs to recommend. If the techs dont and go for just what is needed manger would get mad.
Pros
free lunch on Friday if goal met.
Cons
healthcare, manager, work load, and over recommending work to customers.
Great company
Technician b (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 23, 2018
Very great company to get your vehicle worked on.
Not the greatest to work for been promised a raise after 90 days and here I am 2.6 years into my employment here and yet to get a raise owner crawfish’s his way out of payin all the employees what was promised
Pros
Free lunch on Friday and closed weekend
Cons
Poor ownership
Miserable work environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCJuly 21, 2018
Management was double crossed and backstabbing.
Trickled down into shop.
I did more comebacks from the (master tech) ,while he was off on Saturdays and I wasn't.
Complete waste of my time.
Cons
Not all CBA's are the same...
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Each shop is independently owned and operated, no two shops are run and operate the same. Your success is highly dependent on your shop owner/general manager. Many shop owners and managers have no prior automotive service and repair experience. Corporate office keeps a close eye on the shops weekly numbers, this is good and bad. The training and corporate office support is fantastic but only steps in when the shop is in dire straits. Great company overall, but I wish owners were more involved/experienced/knowledgeable and, well.... a true shop owner.
Pros
Resources, support, customers, weekends off
Cons
Poor store ownership, 55+ hour weeks, its all about the numbers.
Lakeway Texas
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXJuly 8, 2018
There is a huge difference between professionalism and uppity This shop wreaks of "I'm morally superior " simply because of its branding yet the owner and manager do not walk the walk. By far the worst employment experience of my life. Lots of build up to get one hired but it's down hill from there.
Pros
Cons
Ownership and management
My personal opinion
Technician (Current Employee) –  9200 Brodie laneJuly 4, 2018
As a certified and educated tech fresh out of college, with an associate, I feel the environment is great. I currently hold general service as my job title. I am encouraged to advance my cerifications to climb the ladder. I do feel slightly held back on growing my knowledge due to my primary responsibilities being general service and inspections. My pay is fair, and reasonable but living location makes it a challenge with salary. Management is impeccable, caring and motivating. Ownership is appreciative, flexible, willing to listen and take suggestions. Also very providing and generous. Work flow can be slow but cleaning or learning during slow times gives an individual the pride of caring for the workplace, and expanding knowledge. Just remember every work environment is unique and ran at a different pace. Takes time to find the best environment for yourself. I certainly found it myself, and have been cared for and recognized for my work.
Pros
Weekends, learning, comfort, fairness
Cons
Organization(improving), airflow, minor lack of needed tools
Great place and great people.
General Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 17, 2018
I would reccommend any mechanic to work for Christian brothers automotive. They are a supreme comlany to work for. The manger of the ankeny iowa branch. Is by far one of the most respectful and loving manager of his employees.
Cons
Short breaks
good place to work if your not in school
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 14, 2018
an amazing team of guys who would definitely be a great team to work and learn with. small shop plenty of work and amazing technitians they had to let me go due to buisness issues but id work there again in a heart beat
Pros
great guys, no weekends, great manager, great environment
Cons
not good if your part time, not good if in school
Relaxed, family friendly, work environment that plays hard.
Franchisee Technical Support and Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
CBA provides a well balanced mix of Christian faith based ideological principles, with forward thinking automotive business acumen.
A place where you can definitely be a part of the growth potential.
Pros
Friendly workplace, with great benefits.
Cons
Cultural Generation gaps.
no advancement--franchises
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 16, 2018
good values, IF all your team and owner stick to their christian values. way too often this is not the case. all about the money with alot of the owners. just because it is a christian based company does not mean all employees or management are christians
good work/life balance
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 15, 2018
good work life balance , but greatly lacking in job security and other benefits as well , over all a 8.5 out of a 10 score , good but not a great place to work
Pros
free breakfast once a week
Cons
unsatable work enviroment
Great people and great atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SHOP HELPER (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXApril 17, 2018
Even though this was a part-time job for me, I was treated very fairly and I loved working here. They were all very good to me and the atmosphere was great. I loved working here!
Pros
Great people, flexible, always willing to help!
Fairly good place to work
Automotive Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 15, 2018
This was a decent place to work. Typical automotive shop. Plenty of shop politics. Young manager. Very little opportunity for career advancement. company was supportive of training.
Pros
pay
Cons
no benefits
Franchise
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
Not worth it to work for a franchise store!!!!!!!!!! Not to many good benefits. No job security whatsoever, poor management, no sick pay. I will never again work for a franchise store again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing faculty
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 4, 2018
Absolutely loved this job, they treat each employee like family, have amazing benefits, and go above and beyond. they help customers and are fair to everyone
Pros
friday lunches
Great pay very low car count
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  NcMarch 22, 2018
Store has been open two years and has had three owners and 22 technicans . Current owner and service manager have no experience and it shows . Can't cover your time because car count is so low cooperate claims too care but does no advertising too help increase work load . Love the Christian Brothers faith and being allowed too help people in need is great just wish cooperate helped the franchise owners be successful .
Pros
Great pay . Good vacation time off . One hour lunch and great fellow technicans
Cons
Long hours no car count and management with no prior car care sales skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christian Brothers Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about