Christian Care Center of Memphis Employee Reviews

Very unorganized, terrible upper management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2018
Upper management changed staff nurses schedule 3 times with only 3-5 days notice. Nurses went from full time 40 hour per week schedule with every other weekend off to, 32 hours and working nearly every weekend a month to have one weekend off, now to 12 hour schedule with only 4 days notice and no consideration for staff. Upper management did not communicate with staff when/ why hours would be changing and refuse to accommodate staff and continue schedule staff hired for. Only interested in what shift you can pick up just so office nurses don’t have to work the cart. If one nurse called in, upper management would send 3 office nurses to floor, two to pass meds and one to do skilled charting. RN supervisors only delegate, never proactive team players. They sell dreams to get people in the door but turn over rate is high because of the way upper management treats staff. Facility accepts 6-9 admissions to rehab people who are only able to blink just to fill beds. This facility cares more about money than quality of care and well being of staff
Pros
Nice building, QA nurse helpful, many activities for residents
Cons
Due to workload and lack of help, you don’t get breaks but they take them out your check, NO raise, pay not competitive
To many clicks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  6500 kirby gateApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed my job but the place is to unorganized. You stand around for an hour to get your assignment. To many people trying to be the boss. If you're not in a click you do not have job security no matter how good you are with the patients. They keep the garbage cnas and terminate the good ones. No matter how well you do your job, if you're not part of a click you won't last. From the administrator on down no one has a clue of what they are doing.
Pros
Patients
Cons
To many chiefs
Dietary Manager
Certified Dietary Manager/Director of Dietary (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2018
As director of dietary dept. at Christian Care Center I worked over 12 hours a day. On a regular basis the dept. was short staff due to call out or lack of available staff . The dietary dept. was under staff for the work duties required by the dept. overall.
I was the 6th or 7th dietary manager in the 2 years the facility opened. This facility was hard the maintain due to miss management over the prior months by difference managers. Had to retrain staff on basic cooking technique. Dietary dept. lack sanitation procedures and organization will staff uses of recipes. Food presentation not in existence. Staff was not motivated to learn proper cooking procedures.
Pros
Salary was good staff
Cons
bad upper management, so allowed to hire adequate staff, Budget not efficient for proper operation of dietary dept.
Poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2017
Teamwork non existing most of the time, management not engaged in problem solving. RN patient ratio high, stretched very thin with skilled and unskilled patients mixed together.
fun work place
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2017
I enjoy working with the residents but the hardest part my job is dealing with the family members and I get along with my co workers very well and that's what makes me enjoy where I work.
Great work vibe
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2017
Loved this job it will always be home. Everyone there works well with eachother. Staff is OK Lil as well! Great example for the word teamwork. That's all
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Fair breaks
Great place to work. Challenging work, great team.
COO/Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2017
I have to say that this was one of the toughest and one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had. The company culture is very sincere regarding their commitment to their faith-based values. The facility is very new and has lots of work to fine tune their operations but, given a little time, this facility will probably the best of its kind in the region.
Pros
Beautiful facility, great administrator, experienced management team
Cons
Lots of new staff; still working out the kinks;
My experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2017
During my time at Chritian Care Center i loved my patients. I only had a small problem with scheduling. The staff was great just a lack of camunication.
Pros
three dollar lunch
Cons
short breakes