Christiana Care Health System

Christiana Care Health System Employee Reviews

United States694 reviews
Featured review
Christiana Care Health System selected this as a representative review
Love to meet new patient and friends, great place to work and learn new things every day .

Co workers are excellent and the management team is awesome very nice place to work
February 13, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate and value your input . We look forward to continuing to serve together, guided by our values of Excellence and Love.
I felt like working there over years was good for my professional and educational growth. However, I also feel the company has a find a better to increase the education growth in the company.
Pros
making sure you paid on time
Cons
not enough education programs for entry level employees
Christiana is a great place to work, most of the time. Benefits are good and so is the PTO. Work/life balance is ok, but when life really gets in the way (as it will at times) leniency is a no-go when it comes to policies such as lateness or call outs.
In the past several months (even before Covid), it seems though in my opinion that the company values its image and bottom line more than employees satisfaction.
Always room for growth and plenty of opportunities workers are very nice management are nice .the pay is excellent benefits are great I never worked for a company as great
Management is horrible, doesn’t listen and nothing changes. Trying to transfer out of a department is always pushed back and response time is horrible
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Christiana is not a great place to work. They treat their employees like a number and lack diversity in management. Management in every department I have worked is lack lackluster.
Compensation excellent but never felt supported by management. Constant stress when working. No work life balance and often times concerns that were expressed were not recieved well.
Great place to work, productive, two hospital systems, opening up Union soon, expanding with Womens and Children's building, lots of opportunity to get involved
June 4, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate and value your input as caregiver. We look forward to continuing to serve together, guided by our values of Excellence and Love.
June 4, 2020
Going to each patients home caring and taking care of them making sure needs are meat in every way cooking bathing cleaning communicating knowing and have that one in one with each patient is great some patient don’t get that on a regular basis
March 26, 2020
They are little behind the times with just allowing 72hrs to be full time and paying for maternity leave. They are going through leadership change and things are changing, it’s affecting the nursing staff the most , not in a good way. I still think its a good place to work , beautiful building and workspaces. Good continuing education.

education and learning experiences.
March 26, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback. We would like learn more about your experience at ChristianaCare so that we can strive to improve.
I loved working in a juvenile detention facility. Working with troubled youth is where I thought I would spend the remainder of my career. Unfortunately, there was a change in management and it just didn't work out. The hardest part of the job was hearing the trauma that the kids had been through.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Inexperinced manager
March 13, 2020
ChristianaCare offers jobs for everyone and a multitude of educational programs to help enhance your career. Overall a great place to work with excellent benefits.
March 13, 2020
It was a great learning experience with supportive workers. I enjoyed volunteering a few times weekly and I even returned the next summer for the same job opportunity.
March 13, 2020
Great place to work, for the most part. I think the pay is competitive and I get along well with my immediate co-workers. I have been here for over 10 years and the only problem I have ever had has been with typical hospital politics and communication.
March 13, 2020
I gave 30 years of service.
I experienced numerous changes in the hospital's transition through the years.

It was time for my own personal change.

No further comment.
March 13, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback. We wish you the best in our future career endeavors.
Having my manager not working with me in an honest capacity. My manager stating in meeting that she was supporting me when she would constantly disrupt my meeting and kept emailing people behind my back.
March 13, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value your input and would like to understand more. Our goal is to be exceptional today and even better tomorrow. We encourage you to connect with your Employee Relations Specialist so that we may better understand your concerns and make improvements wherever possible.
The wonderful patients that I care for make me feel valued and appreciated. Although I do have flexibility in my schedule this is because of my position and not the norm. Everything is patient centered.
Room to advance if that's one of your goals. A typical day at work consist of indexing 400 documents per day. Management is not too bad my team pretty much works well together.
March 13, 2020
Christiana Care is a great place to work. The people are open and willing to help. I've learned alot from working there for over a year. So if you get a chance to apply and work at an awesome industry, please don't be afraid to apply.
March 13, 2020
CCHS IT is a nice place to work, everyone is friendly and helpful. The main issue is that management pushes you too hard (too much work for one person to possibly complete) and there is very little opportunity for advancement.
February 13, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Given the nature of our business, some departments require staffing 24 hours per day, seven days a week, which will, at times, impact weekends and holidays. We value the contribution that each one of our caregivers make to our shared purpose of serving together, guided by our values of Excellence and Love.
Great place to work, company encourage continued education and advancement. Pay is decent, work schedule is flexible for the most part. The commute is short.
Pros
Continued Education benefits
February 13, 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christiana Care Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Christiana Care Health System.