Christiana Care Health System Employee Reviews

Hard Work
Service Assistant/Cook (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 10, 2018
You work very Hard and long hours sometimes but it pays off because we are there for the people and the people need us. As i always say a good healthy balance will get you through your days.
Summary
Nurse Extern/Safety Companion (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 10, 2018
Vital signs, assisting patients to and from the bathroom as needed, calculating intake and output, strict monitoring of any patients who were on suicide watch.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 9, 2018
In this office, a typical day is rare. Everything depends on what is happening in the moment.Part of the reason I love this job so much…there’s no such thing as a typical day! One day, I could be sending and answer e-mails and correspondence; answer phones; set meetings; keep calendars; order office supplies etc.I do a lot of scheduling of meetings, travel arrangements, order computers, processing expense reports. It can vary day to day.”
Pros
•Stable job, work-like balance, being valued, not mirco managed
Cons
•Limited internal career growth opportunities
Politics galore in IT
Employeed (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 8, 2018
As with any business, there is an abundance of politics to overcome to do your best work. This is especially true in the IT department. No one is held accountable for their actions and there is no flexibility in your schedule. No opportunity for working remote. And constantly "reorganzing" their department and staff.
Pros
Better benefits than the majority
Cons
Inflexible schedules, politics, no telecommuting
Typical Day
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2018
I am always excited to come to work, I love what I do. I enjoy interactions with patients , as well as coworkers. I feel I work in a safe environment.
Pros
Always great people
Cons
Management changes
Not a Christian place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 27, 2018
Always staffing was challenged. Cared more about money then the residents no one to back up the nursingstaff very critical of overworkedstaff too many ridiculous memo's and no encouragement. Cooperate dictated what should be done and were rarely seen. Most enjoyable was the residents smiles kisses and hugs knowing that someone cared for them also the dedicated staff that came to work knowing that they would be alone to care for 30 two assist residents and hoping that the nurse was one that would help
Pros
Pastorial support good
Cons
Notup to date with younger culture or dress code
Wasn't around long enough
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 22, 2018
I was only a volunteer at CCHS. But while I was there performing my duties as a Patient Escort I learned a few things. For one it was nonstop, there was always somewhere you needed to be with not enough time to be there.
Good for starters
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 10, 2018
Wasn't really a place where advancement was an option unless you had a relative who was willing to pull strings for you.
I got the job with no pull and when I was ready to advance to a different department, my boss decided to say what a horrible employee I was to what would have been my potential new supervisor. The worst part is my boss had just given me my quarterly review and paperwork showed I was always on time, knew every area & was helpful. I had excellent reviews. I'm not sure if they just didn't want to have me leave the department or what the issue was.
Life Sucking Work Culture
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19718June 8, 2018
This company sucked the life out of me. They do not promote from within. Instead they hire from outside. Yearly pay raises consist of 2% increases that do not keep up with inflation. If you are a nurse or other health care professional, please take a job here. They treat their clinical staff well. If you are in a support role, don't.
Pros
Flexible work hours. Health Insurance
Cons
Lack of learning oppurtunities or job prospects.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 5, 2018
Being an Administrative Assistant level 2 at Christiana Care Health System provided diversified opportunities for cross training within and without of the organization for positive rewarding growth.
Pros
Massive growth potential
Cons
Not having effective time management can result in negative outcome
Medical Assistant in Speciality Practices
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 4, 2018
Mismanaged most of the time. Needs more flexibility practice to practice. Supervisors need to be able to advocate for their employees. Not put into blanket rules that don't apply to the practice.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 2, 2018
Nice managers and fellow employees. New ideas are encouraged. Managers want you to succeed and will help you get there. I felt appreciated there and respected.
Pros
Compensated well
Cons
Best opportunity to learn level one trauma care
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 1, 2018
There are only a few places to learn excellent Trauma care and this is one of them. I received great education and support there. Always look at my time there fondly!
good place to work
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 1, 2018
Offers advancement, and decent pay with benefits. Depending on what you are into or if your a big help around the company, you can gain a lot of friends.
Service Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 31, 2018
You could be good at your job but other staff members of different departments make things harder on you sometimes. Sometimes I tend to feel bad for the patients in regards to the nursing staff. There are good days and bad days.
Pros
Unlimited PTO for my department
Good place to gain experience
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 28, 2018
Great place to learn and gain experience. Hard to adjust your schedule when made. Working weekends is hard for me due to many family responsibilities outside of work
Career Driven place to work
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 20, 2018
It is an excellent place to work. Offer much diversity and is family oriented. It is also career driven with lots of opportunity for escalating career.
Pros
On the job training, will hire if you don't have experience
Cons
You are considered an emergency worker and have to be at work regardless of weather condition
Unfair , back stabbers, one sided, No chance to excel.
Medical Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 16, 2018
Management is poor never available to see progression. Not fair when listening to both sides, Very racist, Always pointing the finger at someone else before given a chance to explain. Has coworkers doing managements job. Director has no backbone. Chain of command options useless. Very stressful. Not very informative. Not treated fairly. management singles out people. Management has certain people who are gofers, That are placed to report to them under cover. Just very sneaky and cutthroat, Nurses had very nasty attitude so do the techs. Just not very hospitable. A lot of horiziontal violence in the work place, and racial remarks.No one does anything about the situation no matter how much you complain about it . The same thing is so repetative.
Pros
Nice position, good benefits and discounts
Cons
. CEO nasty disposition, Employee Relations does not help you at all . Management and employee relations all work together
Cchs
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 16, 2018
Christiana Care is a nice place to work. Luckily I had supervisors that made work life balance very easy for me especially when I had a newborn when I started.
overall
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 13, 2018
Christiana is a nice place to work. I would recommend anyone who enjoys helping others to work here. I really enjoyed my experiences working at Christiana Health Care Systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christiana Care Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Christiana Care Health System Reviews by Location