Christiana Care Health System Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

Discrimination
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 21, 2019
The patients were awesome . But the management sucks . They have to much favoritism , people do not move up unless you 😙 They discriminate workers and will give you a hard time until you quit or look for another job. People that are higher up will not give you a chance and will not listen if you have a complaint against their managers .
Pros
Patients
Cons
Official response from Christiana Care Health System
May 22, 2019

“We are very sorry to read your review as the experience you described does not align with our core values and behaviors. Employees should feel free to contact their Employee Relations Specialist by contacting (302) 733-1121.”

nice people but shady company to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 24, 2017
I was excited to work for this hospital, but once in I found out within the first 2 days that they job title I was hired for was not what I was actually doing. they had me doing something I knew nothing about without proper training. and when I messed up they blamed me
Fast paced environment
Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 19, 2016
The lab at the cancer center is a very fast paced busy environment with a very high patient to staff ratio. I have learned a lot about cancer and even more about lab work. Management could be better and could listen more to their employees as we are always short staffed and have a lot to delegate on a day to day basis. The hardest part about my occupation is that we are short staffed and we have a work load that can be very over whelming. After working in this environment for a few years I have learned how to delegate tasks and how to manage under stress and high patient volumes. The other hard part about my job is watching my patients leave us. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting the people I work with and getting to know them as they walk this long road of cancer treatment and becoming part of their health plan and making them feel as best as I can.
Typical Day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 12, 2016
My typical day at work is filled with many multitasking. I love the idea of caring for my patient. I believe in exceeding expectations and provide the best care for my patient. I work well with my teammates and flexible with any last minute changes.
customer service`
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 7, 2015
• Drawing blood
• Taking Blood Pressures
• Height and Weight measurements
co workers were great
dealing with people patients was the best part
Productive, fun place to grow in career,and an excellent gym
Medical Assistant - Occupational Health (Former Employee) –  Newark, DelawareJuly 23, 2013
No nonsense work place, friendly and.well managed, definitely a team player environment, with great co-workers
Great company where you are able to grow in a professional but fun and productive environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 11, 2012
As a Medical Assistant I worked under the supervision of physicians to care for patients. I otained vital signs, prepared treatment rooms for examination of patients, handeled and stirilized instruments, performed EKG's and routine laboratory tests. I was given the opportunity to give injection at Christiana Care through a certificate course that was offered to me free of charge. My job never became monotonous because I alternated between back and front office. Front office duties consisted of verifying insurance, scanning pertinent medical information, scheduling appointments, and completing insurance forms for billing purposes. I enjoyed my job at Christiana Care.
Very productive company to work with.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, DEMarch 2, 2012
This is a wonderful company with multiple options and oppurtunities for advancement. Advantages such as tuition reimbursement and great benefits. I give this place a 10!