Christiana Care Health System Employee Reviews

Working At Christiana
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 6, 2018
Christiana Care is a great, diverse place to work. Everyone is super friendly. Although work place has its ups and downs, Christiana Care is a place where everyone works together to create a better tomorrow one helping hand at a time.
great compnay
Patient Service representative (Current Employee) –  wilmington deSeptember 6, 2018
Respond to a high volume of calls. Schedule appointments according to guidelines. Send medication refill requests to the primary care physician or the proper routing inbox. Interact with the practice staff for “patient there now request “and urgent refills. Demonstrate sound judgment of escalating urgent calls. Document accurate and detailed notes.
great place to work.
Emergency Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 1, 2018
I have been working at ChristianaCare for the last 13 years. great place to work, I was able to improve my career and enhance my knowledge, I learned how to work with different people, patient population and culture.The most enjoyable part of work was the team work. I got plenty of opportunities to transfer to the ER three years ago i have learned so much and still learning.
Patient Care Technician II (2D Neuro ICU) (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 31, 2018
Allows to move around the company. During my 16+ years there, I was able to apply to different jobs. Very caring about their employees and the satisfaction of us to make for a better workplace.
Awesome place to work out , friendly coworkers
Newark DE Flex Monitoring Tech (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 30, 2018
Christiana gave me the ability to learn and grow in the medical field they are always open for new people to mold and show how the job is done . I am thankful for this place and all the opportunity it has given me to increase my knowledge and bring elsewhere like NYC :)
Very good place to work
Shuttle Bus Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 16, 2018
Well organized and friendly environment. My supervisor was especially good to work for as he was well organized and always ready to listen and offer help or suggestions.
Terrible work/life balance
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 14, 2018
I felt Christiana had a competitive salary and benefits package. The interview with the Carelink team in Wilmington, DE went well and I left feeling I had made the right decision. I received a job offer within a week of the interview, but no follow up after that. I was left in the dark about starting training and the location I had to report to. I completed the general orientation and was asked to report to the Wilmington office to shadow another employee. The moral in that office is extremely low and I heard nothing but complaints about management and the schedule. After starting my position, I barely heard from my direct manager and they almost never responded to emails. You receive a nice amount of vacation time, but using it is like pulling teeth. The Carelink department require you to work evenings and weekends, which makes it difficult to request time off. They are always short staffed because the turnover rate is high and they are almost always fighting over the schedule. I was hired salary, but flexing your time is almost non existent. I did not last 6 months in my position and I have never done that at any other job. After I submitted my two week notice, I didn't even receive a response. I had to follow up to make sure they received it. I strongly advise against working for Carelink.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
work/life balance, poor management
Official response from Christiana Care Health System
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this role and your experience did not meet your expectations.

Onboarding and orientation for our employees and creating a positive team-oriented culture is very important at Christiana Care. We are reviewing your concerns and will share them with the Carelink CareNow team.

Our virtual case management team work as a part of a multi-disciplinary care team and utilize cutting edge technology and analytics in care coordination with patient and families at the center of what we do.

Carelink CareNow is a nationally recognized model, receiving the nation’s preeminent recognition for quality and safety in healthcare. Learn more about Carelink CareNow,

Good concepts but implementation needs help.
Main Hospital Manager, Operator Services Center (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 12, 2018
Christiana Care Way is a good concept however there is a lack of accountability in human resources. Management needs more support from Human Resources. Needs uniform protocols.
Pros
A good company to work for.
Cons
Needs more management support
Work hard go to gym.
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 4, 2018
I love working with patients at Christian hospital and helping visitors and do what ever I can. I work hard and go to the gym there.my Job consist of morning rounds. We all get together into groups and do the whole hospital then after rounds we get assigned floors.
Pros
Cons
Cant get a break alot of times because we get paged by nurses.
CCHS was a great place to work
TRAINING CENTER COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 3, 2018
Fast paced
Customer Satisfaction
My manager was awesome
Understood Family first
My job was not hard, just a lot of multi tasking
Collaboration with my coworkers
Benefits
Cons
some of the people
Great workplace
Patience Escort (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 31, 2018
It’s a lot of different opportunities at the company for you to recieve better income and also work advancements.its a very relaxed environment everyone friendly and well mannered.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off
Excellent career opportunity
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 31, 2018
Christiana Care is an amazing organization to work for. Overtime is pretty much unlimited on top of your set 40 hours a week. Benefits are great, and no two days are the same. Very unpredictable which keeps it fun in my opinion.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Good place to learn basic skills
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working with the patients. I learned a lot and I really learned how to value life. I learned patience with different types of people. I really enjoyed working at cchs
Productive Place with Steady pace
Reciever/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Newark DeJuly 27, 2018
I typical day at Christiana is making sure that our patients need are met daily. I Have learn that ur patients health and safety is our priority. we are a diversified company that drive for fairness to all. Our management is gear to maintain a healthy work environment and that our goal, missions are met. The hardest part of my job was making sure that all our patient testing is accurate, the most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things
Pros
Leanng new functions
Cons
Long Days
it was a great experience
VOLUNTEER PIANIST (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19713July 27, 2018
It was a great experience I was happy to serve with a excellent team of people, it was wonderful to be a part of a fun, friendly, & lively atmosphere.
productive, high work pace
Patient Physician Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 23, 2018
Because of the attention to detail involved with this job, I am now thorough, efficient and fast. My years with this company prepared me for the Career I am seeking to have now.
Pros
A lot of my current experience.
Cons
The manager is not very friendly.
Emergency Department, Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 21, 2018
CCHS is a great place to learn and grow in the medical field! Working in the emergency dept, even as a clerk, you learn so much on a daily basis! Not only do you deal with the lowest of lows, but you also deal with saving lives daily.
Great place for growth
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 20, 2018
I loved working for CCHS, everyone is very friendly and helpful. I grew as a person and my career grew as well while working here. There was always something going on in the hospital, from lunch and learns with various topics, walk during lunch groups, support dogs coming in to see the employees. I will truly miss it.
Christiana Care is a good hospital to work
Project Manager - Physician Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 19, 2018
Busy days managing the Business/Finance tasks and people
Learned a lot especially when I had an opportunity to be part a Project software implementation.
Hard Work
Service Assistant/Cook (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 10, 2018
You work very Hard and long hours sometimes but it pays off because we are there for the people and the people need us. As i always say a good healthy balance will get you through your days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christiana Care Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss