Christiana Care Health System Employee Reviews

workplace
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 27, 2018
started out as a good place to work became to big and now they only care about money, their employees come second and are considered numbers not employees
Do Not Work here as an LPN! avoid at all cost!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 26, 2018
Low pay, poor management, overworked, no room for growth. I have worked for Christiana Care for almost 5 years and I still pretty much have the same rate. Raises are less than 50 cents a year, and most LPN's are making 17.89 an hour to start out. It's so bad that even the Administrative Assistants, Medical Records staff, and Secretary makes either the same amount or more. Which I believe is an Injustice being though LPN's are required to do the most work between Medical Assistants and RN's. We pretty much do everything. I was doing more than 5 jobs, while getting paid lower than most. Management has no regard for us as well because we do not fit Christiana Cares goal of Magnet Status. Anyone who is not Magnet Status is immediately disregarded and talked down to. There is also no room to advance. LPN's are the only ones who do not have a ladder within Christiana. Even Medical Records, Medical Assistants, PCT's have a ladder. I have never felt so low in my life. Education is geared toward RN's getting a better degree and not really toward anyone else. If I were an LPN I would stay far from this place. The only benefit we have is maybe our benefits and that is level across the board. LPN's have no career opportunities, compensation is horrible, work life/balance is bad, and senior management does not help. I have reached out multiple times and have not had any help.
Pros
Benefits, Retirement Plan, Trp
Cons
Low pay, poor management, no advancement
Patient Service Representative/Office Assistant
Customer Service Specialist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 23, 2018
I have had nothing but great experiences working for this organization. There has been much to learn and I feel they definitely compensate you for your work.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
No discounts in the cafeteria
Clerical
Tech 2 / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  DelawareApril 23, 2018
I loved my job at Christiana Care until I work in radiology. That department I would not recommend anyone I knew. They are very unstable people in that department.
Cons
cut throat people
My day at work....
Cook II/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 22, 2018
I am a COOK II/SUPERVISOR and my day consists of coming in at either 5:30 am or 11:00 am. I work an eight hour shift five days a week. I also work one weekend out of the month as a Supervisor. I have learned how to work as a team, leadership, detail to work and being a reliable worker. The management is fine for that department. The workplace culture is diverse and comfortable. The hardest part of my job is keeping everyone happy. Because you can't please everyone. I enjoy coming to work and cooking.
Pros
Being creative with my cooking and people enjoying my cooking
Cons
Hours
No just No
Unit Clerk- Center for Urogynecology (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 20, 2018
not worth missing out on family life, have no care about how they treat the employees and do no compensate them for there work or time. force hem to be there on holidays and if not they have to use PTO even for christmas and thanksgiving.
Great individuals to work with
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 13, 2018
A lot of Learning potential. I enjoy working at Christiana Care. I have always dreamed to work with the Veterans.
I am a Veteran myself - Army Two years active and 6 years Reserve.
Pros
friendly
Cons
flexibility
changing
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 11, 2018
position used to be a dream job, now management is changing. changing rules for PTO lowering raises, restricting advancement hiring from the outside with unqualified candidates instead of advancing someone who knows the position.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
too many changes too quickly
The environment was inspiring.
Cerner Physician Trainer and Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 6, 2018
A typical day consisted of training, rounding, over the shoulder training and resolving problems. The experience was rewarding as it taught me how to reinforce information taught. Management was reassuring, while the culture was open and nurturing. The most difficult part of the experience was trying to get busy staff to pause when you wanted to reinforce information that was necessary. The enjoyable part of the job was receiving complements from the staff on a job well done.
nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 29, 2018
I work at the time all shifts and on oncology. It was my first job as a nurse. I learned that as a nurse you were not just there to give meds hang IV's. You are there to listen and to hold hands with those that just received the worst news you can imagine. The people there taught me a lot not just the staff but the patients. And in doing so I loved listening to their stories the would tell at they received their chemo. And now 19 years later I still will listen to my patients as I given them meds and do assessments. This is the best part of nursing hearing their stories.
Pros
learning that the patients always have great stories to be told
Cons
cancer sucks
Health care is stressful involving patient care
LEAD FLEXIBLE MONITORING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 25, 2018
Job requirements create stress since patients depend on your care. Pay and benefits were equitable with job requirements. I would recommend employment but my job was discontinued
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 20, 2018
I have enjoyed working fro Christiana Care and have gained valuable skills and experience. I love the majority of the aspects of this position. Great place to work!!
Great company
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 8, 2018
CCHS is a great organization to work for. The benefits are excellent compared to other employers. Really helped me with a family. Great opportunities to work in other areas.
Pros
Pto, PTO Cashout, Work/life balance
not very productive
Assistant Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 6, 2018
I always motivated my workers to do more. always challenging them because I seen where they needed to be motivated. the productivity always needed to be worked on
Pros
great contractors
Cons
lack of communication
Recieving Lab
Receiving Lab Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 27, 2018
I really enjoy working in the medical lab. I learned of many blood test and what they were for to help patients. All my co-workers came together as a team.
Very easy for an employee to have a work/life balance. Awesome educaton provided. Great people to work with.
Flight Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 24, 2018
I have been employed with CCHS as an RN for 32 years and I have always enjoyed going to work!
The well-being of each and every employee is very important to this company as well as continued education and being a role model at work and in the community.
Good Job
Customer Service Center Analyst - IT Department (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 21, 2018
very fast paced job, this is an always evolving industry and you are always learning new things and keeping up with the industry, depending on your education, not much room to move
cut-throat administration who cared little for physicians
Member of Pastoral Care Committee (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 19, 2018
This organization is run by those with an MBA or MPH in addition to MD. I only worked for them actively from 1990-1995, before and after those years I cared for my own practice inpatients at this facility
Pros
at times a positive environment
Cons
see above
Caring and Dedicated.
Cardiac Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 16, 2018
Professional environment. Advancement opportunities. Excellent benefits. Overall caring and dedicated staff.
I enjoyed working at this company because I was able to learn different skills that allowed me to work in various departments.
Great benefits
Service Employee (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 15, 2018
As a service employee you are generally looked down upon by the clinical staff, but the medical benefits and timeoff are what keep me here, for now. 403B and pensions are perks as well.
Pros
Medical benefits, flexibility with time off
Cons
Unappreciated by staff, low pay for service employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christiana Care Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss