Christie Lites
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Working at Christie Lites: 49 Reviews

United States49 reviews

It’s a paycheck

Good work but lots of petty arguments between coworkers. Good schedule and close to home. Learned how to use forklift, pallet stacker and other equipment. I was able to get certified so these skills I took with me to another employer when I was laid off due to COVID.

Unstructured

Bad management.. Unable to manage those employed for them... More or less "Bullie" type management which is nothing new. People in the wrong positions who don't know how to be bosses, hired into the wrong positions trying to take advantage of power they've never had growing up nut it makes work suck when they act like that and I've seen it company after company. Makes you not want to work even when you work hard daily. People who live for and need power bring down the work force and ethic..

Pros

The ability to leave grounds for lunch.

Cons

Too many to name..

Christie Lites insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Low Pay No chance to advance

Company severely underpays its employeesLittle to no chance to advance.Good ole boys mentality concerning managementManagement is very Boys club like. Management actively engages in withholding pay raisesManagement can't be trustedFixing equipment that cost 5 and 6 figures just to get paid chump change

Pros

learned alot

Cons

Low pay Management is Untrustworthy

Great

Very good experience. Will work there again if allowed. Co-workers and Management both were very supportive. Great and exciting atmosphere. Learned a lot during my time there.

Productive but a lot of confusion

Good job but bad management. No job security. Supervisors talks behind your back, spreading lies. Made some friends/ co workers that I'm still in touch with.

Pros

Good work schedule

Cons

Suspect management

Outstanding Organization

Outstanding organization with high visibility to senior management. Excellent work environment and everyone has a "can do" attitude. I really enjoy the Christie Lites experience!

Pros

Monthly luncheons

Cons

Can't think of any

Poorly run company starts at the top. Beware.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Christie Lites is naPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Christie Lites are poorJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Christie Lites, I think noneManagementIn general, managers at Christie Lites horribleCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Christie Lites is non existentOverallMy experience working at Christie Lites horrifying

Management doesn't care

Management when I started was amazing. They took care of their employees and understood they had a life outside of work. A few years ago upper management changed and trickled thru most locations changing management as well. I was treated like I was not as important as my male counterparts even when I helped train a majority of them. HR never came to individual sites and no one saw how the people on the ground were actually being treated.

Pros

birthday cake every year

Cons

management

Poor Management

This company did not provide the necessary training for the majority of employment positions. The selective and inconsistent use of reprimands only undermined teamwork and eroded confidence. Upper Managements handling of the industry collapse was deplorable

Pros

Was a paycheck until they closed

Cons

Company seems to resent employees

Just a stepping stone to an employee benefit full career

Bad management is prevalent in the company. Some workers tend to not want to get up from their seat if asked to do what they are suppose to. Others work their butts off with no gratitude from the higher ups.

Pros

unemployment

Cons

Many

Company sucks

Christie lites as a company is a joke,I work there for 5 years upper management don't care about you there's no room for advancement they lie every year about more pay I haven't gotten a pay increase and 3 years they always saying the numbers coming you make a mistake they take away your pay increase.They promote people that are not even qualified for the position but will overlook a person that's more qualified don't waste your time lies lies lies.

Great company

A great company where hard work appreciated. Professional environment. Management encourages employees to learn and succeed. Always helpful and flexible.

Productive and some good people in the workplace

Schedule is good, opportunity to learn, management is questionable, no teamwork whatsoever and no job security. No trust from the department head, who constantly belittles management.

Great company!

Christie Lites is a great company to work for. They are always looking at ways they can exceed their customers needs. The CEO is innovative, driving, and fair. This is the core culture at CL and it starts at the helm and cascades throughout the organization. Opportunities to prove and grow are supported and encouraged. It’s a fast paced work environment, but not in an unrealistic break-neck which sacrifices quality. A great company to work for!

Had a great boss and great coworkers

Clock in pull orders was able to listen to our music had monthly lunches had a birthday cake for coworkers had a good health plan had a great boss who was understanding

Pros

Monthly lunches

Good oppyrtunity to learn

I worked in several departments there, became a versatile employee, the good part i got out of the job is alot of knowledge in the entertainment industry motors,lights,electronics which gave me knowledge i can use to make more money. Now the bad, i always felt like i was going to get fired im a hard worker but that doesnt seem to matter people are treated like bodies and a cost to the company. I was laid off. I would recommend using the job for knowledge then leaving to better oppurtunities.The owner runs the company like a monarch what he says gos.

Unfortunately there was no advancing in the company.

The job security was never there. There where changes in management every 6 months. It just did not feel like you where valued as an employee. Many of my colleagues felt the same.

Misleading

I worked as a Software Developer and all I can say is this if you are looking for a position that uses the latest technology then do not work there. If you are looking for a place that you can advance then do not work there. If you are junior software developer looking to start out your career then do not work there. If you love design and archetecture if you are the kind of person who likes to contribute to these things then do not work there. The only type person who should work there is someone who just does not care about the job and uses it as a means to fund ones pasion in life. In other words if you like just being a drone software developer then it is the place for you except for the fact there beifits suck, 8 days PTO that is it, no 401K no bonus just a promise that is not kept.

Productive Workplace

I enjoyed working for this company The workplace was a professional environment to work in. Everyone works as a team, and together accomplish the duties of the jobs we are assigned to complete.

Company has wrong objective

People care more about securing their job than creating a harmonious environment. Staff very split can go weeks without speaking to coworkers you work with everyday.

Good job

Christie Lites was a great job was very much looking forward to retiring from until an unfortunate incident happened on the holiday break they give us. If I could go back I will in a heartbeat. 👍👍

Common questions about Christie Lites

Answered by current and former employees at Christie Lites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christie Lites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.5
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
1.5Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight