Christmas Tree Shops Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Extremely easy but boring
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 14, 2018
Working at Christmas Tree Shop was just a part time job I got while attending college. It was an easy job to get use to, cleaning, stocking, and helping customers. It did get kind of boring doing them same motions everyday.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Boring at times
Christmas Tree Shops
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HOME FASHIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 2, 2018
This is a great place to work. They have a great set of managers and a friendly atmosphere. Hard work and a job well done is always appreciated and negatives are always seen as learning opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of opportunities, helpful co-workers
Cons
Needs more employees, but they're hiring
A lot of safety hazards are over looked
General Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 1, 2018
Stressful environment low pay and to demanding. Reward is a stick pin to display a "pat on the back" as to say attaboy. Management will say they "Care about there employees" but they mean to say costumers are always right even if there employees are right. Many safety violations are over looked in store and ware house areas. Warehouse gets cluttered with product witch blocks path ways to safety exits. Store area shelves called Ca's are over stocked at times witch makes the shelf unstable. Brooms, dust pans, pallet jacks get left unattended in store area making them a trip hazard for costumers. Out side parking lot is like a "drag race strip." Vehicles speed through pedestrian cross walk without stopping.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 31, 2018
Fun place to work, but not much life/work balance. Always a non stop busy environment. Staff is very friendly and always willing to help each other.
Ok company to work for . . .
Cashier / Stock Control (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJuly 31, 2018
You stand for entire shift(s). Manager was cool, Asst Manager, another story. If you're not liked, you'll know it. Employee discount was only plus.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Standing entire shift(s)
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 30, 2018
On a typical day, you are asked at least one hundred questions about products that are sold. Customers want your opinion about most items, For example, a man comes up to you at the register and wants to know if you have seen many people buying a racer toy car, do you see people return them often, are batteries included? As an employee, you give your honest opinions about the toy car. I loved working there, the atmosphere was awesome. Managers are nice, they smile and say hello every day, they are all about solutions, they don't allow customers to yell at employees, yes, awesome is how I describe working there.
Pros
Twenty percent off at Bed, Bath, Beyond.
Cons
Few full time posistions.
Stressful environment
Import Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJuly 30, 2018
typical day was I would start at 8:00 am - login to lotus notes check my emails, then reply to any emails that needed to be addressed. I then would being working on my daily tasks such as verified receives, update costs, various applications in data base, process and upload ticket orders, assist co workers when needed, verify and audit broker invoices, data entry,keep spreadsheets of overages/shortages on excel spreadsheet..
management was okay- not always understanding and didn't have good managerial skills.
Co workers were not very nice and would talk about you behind your back.. there were some who would create problems in the department and always be complaining about everyone no matter.. it felt at times I was in high school.. it was a stressful environment at times..
The hardest part was my manager he was very difficult to work for he would treat me different from my co workers, he would get very nasty to me in front of my co workers instead of pulling me aside he would embarrass me in front of my co workers, he hardly ever would compliment me on my work, but had not problem with pointing out if and when I made a mistake.
The best part was when he was not demeaning me and yelling at me in front of my co workers, when he left me alone to do my work.
Pros
Great Benefits, Job Security, Weekends Off
Cons
Management, Co Workers
fun productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 30, 2018
normal sometimes stressful made a lot of people skills manager comfortable dealing with me having no car Christmas time every one was happy , the breaks were short but i guess it had to do with the season it was Christmas
Pros
free launches
Cons
healtcare
Good quick work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYJuly 28, 2018
The job itself was not hard, just tedious and sloppy in order to complete responsibilities given. There was a lot of people that didn't care to do their job and doing your own work with no help given the sheer quantity of items to be stocked, organized and clean made it abundantly clear management didn't care that people cut corners as long as they couldn't tell.
I had fun working here
Retail/Cashier-Part time (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 25, 2018
It was quick paced and enjoyable experience for me. It was very busy during holidays and had great customers. I would definitelyrecommend getting a job here.
Typical Retail
Front End Management & Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 24, 2018
Employees easy to get along with. I had learned paitience with dealing with people on a face to face basis. If you don't mind retail and the fast pace. It's a job.
Stressful
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 23, 2018
Very stressful, fast paced environment. Barley given enough time before another team objective is set. Management was stern but not cruel. A lot of heavy lifting was involved.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
stress, poor time management
i really loved working there
cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  N Attleboro, MAJuly 23, 2018
i enjoy working there met alot of great people and enjoyed being part of that team , i miss working there and miss the customers and i miss my friends there
Pros
enjoy my job
Cons
couldn't relocate
Drama
In house Merchandising and Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 22, 2018
Too much drama. Management took part. Glad they got bought out by BBB. Hopefully they rid the cancerous culture that prevailed while I was there. Pity that manager at the time was a bummbling jerk. Understand that he was let go shortly after I left and that the rest of the manager team was reassigned. We
It’s a good place to work the job is fun normal pace with good employees
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 17, 2018
It’s a good place to work depending on the position because some workers get more hours than others. But depending on how busy the place is you will get some hours
Pros
Discount & not many hours
Cons
Paid biweekly, short hours depending on position
Fast paced
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Christmas tree shops. I met a few people I enjoyed seeing each day who worked well with others & made it comfortable as a new comer.
No comment
HBC Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 10, 2018
I think this is a great place to work for for part time. A great side job. You get an employee discount. You get to have a secondary shopper for 20% off. Holidays can be very stressful for new hires in training.
Pros
Popcicles and ice cream on hot days
Cons
Holidays stress
nice coworkers but manager at the time is rude
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 9, 2018
Loved working here specially for the holidays but the big manager was very rude and didn't care if you was sick or not she was very disrespectful. But all the coworkers are very nice and always willing to help and very outgoing.
Awful place
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAJuly 9, 2018
Avoid this job at all costs. Very poor leadership awful working conditions, un ethical behavior is common place. Very poor communication and leadership from the top.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Everything else
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there, it was fast paced. Customers were most good to service. People working there were friendly and helpful. I only left because of illness in the family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christmas Tree Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight