Christopher's Fine Foods

Working at Christopher's Fine Foods: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

2.0Pay & Benefits

Not a bad job

The owner is friendly, and so is most of the staff. However, compensation is not great. Team work doesn't feel like a requirement at this job. They are often short staffed and often leave some coworkers with little help.

Bakery manager is a narcissist

The bakery is often short staffed with way too much work for 1 person. They never wash the pans the bread is baked on, they often change dates for product that goes out of date, and put it back on the floor to sell.The Bakery manager, shes unorganized,lazy and talks about everyone in the store, shes not a team player.

Pros

Great employees, friendly customers

Cons

Bakery manager

Christopher's Fine Foods insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Christopher's Fine Foods

A typical day at work was fun yet stressful. I learned how to work the register and what the different produce codes were. Management was pretty underwhelming could have been better. Culture was okay.

An easy, grocery store job

Grocery stores is a job that everyone should have at least once when starting out. It's easy and keeps you busy. It will introduce you to the workplace and a minimum wage job. The customer service, handling money, and handling stress aspects of the jobs are good to pick up. Be sure to stay calm and keep a smile on during the busiest parts of the day and always ask your customer if they found everything and how they are doing.

productive and fun with really nice people

I liked the store. I liked the people. I only had to quit because I had to move away from the area. I am a simplistic person. the above statements is all I have to say about working at ANY job. I am a nice gentlemen and I can provide good costumer service, but I am not a people person. I care no more for any one person, than to be as civil as possible as I would want someone I did not know to be in there interactions with me.

Lots of fun decorating cakes

I loved to be able to put my creativity into a cake or dessert. and see the look of appreciation on my customers face. Lots of different techniques In decorating cakes hardest part of the job was time management if it was a big order didn't seem like enough time was given Manager was awesome and fun Coworkers could have been better at times

Pros

fun work environment

Cons

low pay

Fun place to work, good people to work with

A normal day is fairly busy, I've learned to manage my time better. Management isn't the best but there are some that do try help more than others, when it comes to problems in the work place. I enjoy my co-workers very much they are one of the best parts of my jobs. The hardest part is trying to work with my department manager. The most enjoyable part is being able to help my my customers and co-workers.

Cons

pay and benefits.

Great store to work at

Rules and Guidelines work very well on a daily basis. Clear set of instruction is given to every employee

A paid work out

This is a very intense job, between running all over the store helping sutomers find items to moving 5 gallon drums of water, you will get the work out of your life here. Management is easy going but professional, easy going level headed people. The crew members are friendly and helpful and are more than willing to help you figure out a better way to do your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christopher's Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits