Christopher & Banks Employee Reviews

The customers are nice
Part - Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 27, 2018
Starting the day normally have to read the emails and all the promotions that are set so I can understand what is going on for sales. Help the customers with finding what they are looking for, for themselves or for a gift. Management is stressful trying to get everything fixed when things are breaking down all around us. It is fun to work with everyone at the store at times when we are not having an event or if we have a really big day for sales.
Cons
short breaks, no lactating rooms for new moms
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MN 56007November 5, 2018
Nice place to work. Weekly changes through out the store to keep it fresh looking and inviting. Fun interacting with customers and helping them pick out outfits. Good interaction with upper management
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Sometimes the sore could be slow
Overall climate
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at C&B, however at times, the district MNGR placed unrealistic goals on the store. My main focus was taking care of customers and promoting the store brand, while the DMs main focus was credit cards Ultimately, the store was closed due to lack of sales.
I loved this place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 21, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for and would love the opportunity to work for them again one day maybe in the future. Great company, great store, great products and I still shop there. Very friendly staff who take the time to know their customers personally, very warm environment.
Pros
Very warm environment
Cons
wish I still worked there
Great work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming Valley Mall, Wilkes Barre PAOctober 15, 2018
Store is no longer open in my former area. But, I did enjoy working with the employees and had a great learning experience in managing a store. It improved my opinion of store managing.
relaxed work environment
Temporary Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 15, 2018
It was a part-time job. I Greeted customers, ran the cash register, hung up and put merchandise in the correct place, inventory, and created displays.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No benefits for part-time
easy going
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2018
most customers had been shopping there for a long time and knew what they wanted when they came in
more laid back than most retail stores
lots of coupons and discounts for customers
Fast pace, involvement with people
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck IDSeptember 24, 2018
Retail store, sales associate. Assisted customers in finding desired purchases, making recommendations, Inventory and display of merchandise, operating cash register, balancing til at end of day, prepare bank deposits. Rewarding to be able to help someone feel better about themselves.
Pros
interaction with customers, discount, good work environment
Cons
No set hours, low pay, part time, no benefits
Great to work for
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 17, 2018
If you enjoy helping friends build wardrobes, this is the job for you. Very challenging and rewarding experience, as clientele ranges include Missy, Petite, and Women.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MISeptember 15, 2018
Working at Christopher and Banks was fun for me. I enjoy working with people and found I really enjoyed helping them build their wardrobe. The staff are amazing!
Pros
Extra 10% discount on clothing
I loved working here....just wish it was not retail...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 13, 2018
I liked being able to put outfits together for people and help them. Then it came to a point that if you did not make the sales it was an issue. It stopped being fun. Other than that and the fact that I could not work every single weekend anymore, I loved it. There was no room for me to grow because I could not relocate and the people that were in management have been there a long time. While I worked there for ten years there was never a real high turnover in employees. So I went back to school and took care of my family.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NESeptember 13, 2018
Good place to work. Daily job was relaxed environment. Work load was not overwhelming. Hours were reasonable and flexible. Restructuring and combining the two stores was good.
No promotions guaranteed
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VASeptember 10, 2018
Friendly environment but doesn't give employees opportunities to grow within the company. Corporate judges you without meeting you or getting to know you. The best part is being able to strengthen my leadership and customer service skills.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No internal promotions
Friendly, fast-paced environment
Part-time associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 1, 2018
On average, the store has bursts of activities as customers come in, but there is always work to be done. With new merchandise coming in almost daily and sales always going on, there's never a shortage of work. It's a good place to learn time management and customer service while brushing up on social skills as you build rapport with the customers.
This was a very energetic place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVSeptember 1, 2018
The company was a very pleasant place to work very family oriented.
Always busy nice customers and we had a great team.
I enjoyed working here with my team and enjoyed learning about merchandising and doing inventory.
Pros
Scheduling was awesome
Fun environment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 29, 2018
We’ll have to work by 6 am. Sign in a sheet and then start to work and different areas. They some machines to work with boxes or we can around the clothes. So it’ll be folding or putting it in plastic and seal it l.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short term break
workplace culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 21, 2018
I enjoy the customer base at Christopher and Banks. Always something to work on. Often have contests and an opportunity to earn bonus. Promo changes are frequent always encouraging
the customers to come in shopping.
Retail sales was a fun experience, meet new people everyday.
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 13, 2018
Meet new people every day. Never boring. Enjoyed working in retail sales. Discounts were given to employees. Flexible schedule. Salary was comparable for a part time position.
There CARE PROGRAM mad our staff feel like a family.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOAugust 10, 2018
This company and job changed my life for the better I learned how much I like working with people but also taught me management skills. I loved my time I. Training, marketing, and fashion shows that I put on
Pros
Having a bond with your coworkers
Cons
Sometimes we all spend to much time together
Great place to learn the retail business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 9, 2018
Enjoyed my time there, had fun and learned a lot about retail sales. Received discounts on merchandise, great & dedicated CJ customers. Opening and closing store part of responsibilities along with drawer count and bank deposits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christopher & Banks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight