Christopher & Banks Employee Reviews

This is really a great company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 1, 2018
I started out as a part timer but was quickly moved up to assistant manager. I loved the clothes the friends that bought them and the friendship that they forge.. I learned a lot from this company and wish it was back in my home town!!!!
Assistant Store Manager (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA 17011June 27, 2018
One of my funniest places to work. Not stressful, everybody is usually very friendly when shopping and so are workers. There is fashions show that the store sets up and that is always very fun to do.
Pros
Activists, workers
Cons
Pay
nice clean warehouse basketball hoop cookouts and family enviroment
DC Tech/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 18, 2018
very nice company to work for however just not sure whats in store for the future as far as the number of CEO's the stock and overall direction of the company
Nice place to work associates are friendly
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJune 16, 2018
Nice place to work, upper mgmt friendly.Working conditions are great.Nice cloths discount.Customer service skills are taught daily. Training provided for all aspects of job.
Organized and well managed company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 10, 2018
Had a very pleasant experience. Had a very fair and consistent manager that was very capable of doing the job. I learned a lot of skills about managing to help in future employment opportunities.
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJune 9, 2018
They are very friendly and helpful. Always willing to fit your work schedule around your needs. Very patient with everyone; customers and employees. Obvioulsy like doing their job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits
don't have no game
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 9, 2018
I like working with the poeple . I like going to work . I like making money to pay my bills. I like meeting poeple at work. I like spinning time with the people I work with.
Teamwork is essential
FT Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 3, 2018
Working here was very rewarding. You get to meet an older demographic of customers who most of the time don’t get out much so they love to just come & have a good time trying on outfits & chatting with the sales personel. The customers & the other sales associates are really great people that work very hard together to meet the goals.
Pros
Healthcare options, 401k
Cons
Poor management
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 29, 2018
not happy with how they trained people. They are not in the habit of listening to new ideas. The company seems to focus on minimal tasks, instead of what is really important.
Great part time job!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMay 21, 2018
Christopher and Banks was a great job!! The management were great people and they were willing to work with scheduling. The had a family like atmospheric between the employees and the customers.
Pros
Discounts on product
Cons
Short breaks
Loved working here!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 16, 2018
Management was amazing along with the customers that came in daily. Everyone was always in a happy helpful mood but also knew how to respect your space. I loved that the staff had trust in me to do displays and knew our customers loved them too. They built my confidence up and helped improve my strengths. If I could go back to working in an environment like this one, I would!
too long ago to remember
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, MNMay 3, 2018
Too long ago to remember. It was a basic retail job in an outlet mall. The customers were nice. the location was close. I am just very burnt out on retail positions when I went to college foe business management.
Best Crew Ever
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NEMay 2, 2018
I really enjoy the staff that I work with.
This is great opportunity for Mid America.
It is what is available in this part of town.
I have a job and so far not closing doors.
Pros
3 mins away
Cons
On your feet for entire work shift.
I enjoy it as its a treat: I only work there one day a week.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 25, 2018
Diversified duties: assisting customers with their choices, promoting C&B CC, cleaning and straightening the store, processing shipments, doing displays, making promotional phone calls to the store's customers, being in fashion shows and enjoying treats as brought in by the manager. Very positive and fairly light-hearted atmosphere. If you suddenly need to take a day off, or are in need of a break, it is ok, but you are there mostly to do your job, with a smile! :)
Productive and fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIApril 23, 2018
Fun place to work, merchandise is fun to promote. co-workers fun, manager is flexible with schedule, so we are able to get together for family functions and school activities.
Pros
Fun place, merchandise is fun.
Cons
no negatives
Good company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 22, 2018
Good company to work for. Nice work environment and management. Friendly associates and staff. Proper training given and expectations clear and concise.
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OkApril 19, 2018
I loved the customers as much as I enjoyed the job. Its exciting to have such a wonderful customer base. My job never seemed like work! No matter which branch you work for the atmosphere is the same.
District Management
Management (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 13, 2018
Very poor district manager. Always looking to get more without having to pay for it. Not willing to do the work required to make the store profitable. Store location is poor choice.
Good quality, missy, petites and women's clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 11, 2018
Good quality clothing for missy, petites and women's size ranges. Caters to mid aged and older women.

Customers are mostly pleasant and it is a good working environment with approachable management. Frequently not much staff so good time management skills useful, but I like my coworkers and I do not have to work ridiculously early or late when other people are sleeping.

Good customer service skills expected. Several in store fashion events every year.

Yearly review process black and white with little room for getting credit for going the extra mile.
Pros
Management listens to input
Cons
yearly reviews can be hard to hit
Just a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blowing Rock, NCApril 8, 2018
Five hours at most per day occasionally six. Schedule is mixed up. Work with college students that are just there to get pay not work. Sorry but true. Young people don't want to work!! Management is not good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christopher & Banks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight