Christus Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,420 reviews matching the search See all 1,428 reviews
Not well managed as a whole.
RN (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXAugust 13, 2018
Management is like a mean girls club. Management passes the buck. No responsibility for staffing. Nursing turnover is horrible. Rarely ever seen in the unit. Hospital as a whole is not well managed.
Loved working here
Lab Assistant /Laboratory Services (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 13, 2018
Absolutely grateful for the time I worked here. I learned so much and enjoyed my coworkers. Working here allowed me to finish my degree and move on with so much knowledge of Hospital daily operations. I had the best supervisor you could ask for, she was skilled and knowledgeable in all aspects of her job. I worked in the main hospital lab and the outpatient lab doing phlebotomy and specimen receiving. Totally hated I had to leave
Its a great place to work if your just part time
Home care giver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2018
I liked working with the company I didnt have any problems management was great and help full. But not enough pay and I would have rather work at one of there hospitals and get more hours.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Doesn't pay enough
Acute/Critical/Intermediate care RN (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 12, 2018
Great facility with good benefits, but they need to match the cost of living in my area. No increased pay for specialty areas like ICU or ER either. Could be an excellent job if they would step up the salary.
good
Circulator RN (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 11, 2018
A great place to work and would love to continue working for Christus. A typiocal work day is okay, have learned alot there, hires people of all cultures, catholic enviroment, loved working in the operating room.
Productive and fun
Pharmacy Secretary (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 10, 2018
Provided clerical support for (4) managers.
Learned time management.
Management was consistent.
Workplace was busy and fun.
Most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Professional and educational place to work with a nursing staff that values teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 9, 2018
A typical day for a Registered Nurse at Christus St. Michael Rehabilitation Hospital involves lots of teamwork and effective communication. Staff is focused on patient satisfaction.
Pros
Flexible work hours and timely request for PTO is often granted
Great teamwork
LVN MED-SURG (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXAugust 7, 2018
Teamwork is a great part of this facility. We go above and beyond to help each other to insure our patients get the best care as much as possible. I strive to be a great team player on every shift work.
Outstanding company
EXECPTION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2018
Outstanding company to work for and great environment to be in and people friendly, I would recommend anyone to company for a job. Also great location and easy access to highway
Pros
Gym
Cons
N/a
Christus Health
Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2018
It was a great experience at Christus. I enjoyed the atmosphere, management was very encouraging and educational with my personal and professional growth.
large teaching hospital
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 6, 2018
upper managements expectation for nurse managers not realistic/ not supportive. Vacations granted 1 year in advance are denied due to staffing issues.
Pros
gym associated with hospital is great
Cons
lack of upper management support
First nursing job
ICU REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 6, 2018
I've been Cabrini as an RN for 2+ years now, and it my career path, I am now ready to venture out for bigger opportunities. Christus has given me a foundation to do this.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
sorely lacking ancillary staff to assist RNs
Great place to work for
RN part time (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 5, 2018
This hospital was the first hospital I worked for after coming off of disability. They welcomed me and was very helpful in allowing me time to catch up on my nursing skills. Everyone was professional.
Pros
Flexable hours and great camaraderie
Cons
Nothing negaqtive
Ok, would not like to go back though.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 3, 2018
working an adult job with high school co-workers. Did not enjoy that last few months of working there because of the unfair work loads. Night shift was taken advantage of.
Nightmare
LVN (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXAugust 3, 2018
Management is absolutely terrible. They don't know how to do your job, but have absolutely no problem telling you how to do it. Expect you to give certain responses to upper management but don't tell you before hand. They reprimand you twice (two months apart) when the right response isn't given to upper management if they FEEL like you don't think you did anything wrong. They expect you to to smile at all times or as I was instructed by management "fake it til I make it". They are so short handed they pull you from your job constantly even when your the only nurse for that job. They overwork you to the point it's exhausting and discouraging. They will not hire more help, but will make promises to do that they won't fulfill. The hide behind a Christian facade. They don't practice what they preach. Even if you have a nursing license they treat you as if you don't and are not qualified to make nursing decisions. They make doing your job absolutely impossible. They expect perfection without returning it to you. Terrible company to work for I would honestly suggest running the other way.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, no paid holidays, bad management, and terrible to employees
Greatest place to work!
Business Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXAugust 2, 2018
I love working at this facility!! My coworkers are now family and are very encouraging! There is always room for improvement but honestly, I really wouldn't stop working here unless something better comes along, which seems kind of tough.
Healrh care services
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 1, 2018
There to help the people that was sick and helping people emphatically and mental disorders.Make sure no one had germs or diseases. Work for Hippa. Co workers was great.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 31, 2018
a good place to work as i have worked here for many years.
I would recommend to anyone but you must be a hard worker and dedicated to your job and coworkers
Workplace Environment may be stressful but manageable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 30, 2018
The case load for nurses may be a lot at ttimes but there are always other nurses or CNAs and even the nurse manager was there to help when it wasw really needed. There were times it was stressful, but was manageable.
Pros
Free Lunches and Nurse Recognition
Cons
Some days no breaks at all
I loved this place
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70601July 30, 2018
people were friendly always had a smile on their faces management was great love them i truly wish i could've went back those ladies were awesome!!!!!
Pros
Off on weekends and Paid Holidays
Cons
No Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christus Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight