Christus Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,564 reviews matching the search See all 1,573 reviews
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2018
Great place to work with colleagues, patients and their families.
Dress was professional/casual. Management changed and things became very difficult.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
No breaks
Team Work
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 9, 2018
Working at CHRISTUS gave me much experience and knowledge that has since carried me throughout my career. We attended many workshops, training meetings, conferences and educational classes. Unfortunately the company went through restructuring and caused a large layoff due to reduction in work force
Pros
Flexibility, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Restructuring
The hardest part of the job
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 8, 2018
I would say the hardest part of the job was to see the people in so much pain. I would also say it was hard to treat the true emergency patients from the routine patients that refuse to go to their primary care physicians.
very fast paced enviroment, not much room to learn skills
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 6, 2018
I typically obtained patient's medical history and vital signs, refilled prescriptions, answered portal messages, and completed insurance prior authorizations.
Pros
free lunches from reps
Cons
working late, rude coworkers
Steady paced
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TX 75670December 5, 2018
Christus is a good place to work for, and I would recommend the company to anyone. The pay is low but the work is easy and the work environment is great.
Pros
Steady paced and friendly
Cons
Not all management are on the same page
Doctors Assistant
Surgical technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 5, 2018
Get the patient ready for surgery. Drape the patient out for surgery. Make sure to have a positive attitude toward the patient. Make the patient is comfortable
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Weekly call
Fun place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Christus Santa Rosa. All departments were friendly and I enjoyed working days there. If I had the chance I would work there again.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
busy
Fast paced environment ever changing
Patient Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 4, 2018
This position encompassed many roles. Management always expects more with less catapulting leaders to utilize teams in new and improved ways. The culture is faith filled driven by a powerful mission but the day to day tasks of this role was daunting.
Busy
FLOAT NURSE (Current Employee) –  TEXARKANA, TXDecember 2, 2018
You feel unsafe as you work because of the workload you are given. 8-12 Patients per 1 rn makes it unsafe for you to take care of your patients and be able to take care of them the correct way
Pros
2500 Reimbursement for bsn
Cons
Too much workload
Great work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 26, 2018
CTMF is a wonderful organization to work for, they take pride in treating patients and staff with the most respect. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking a profession in the medical field.
Great company to work and grow
Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 22, 2018
It is great place to work. Feels like home.

Christus Health follows the values that they preach. Though it is a Catholic Hospital religion is never forced onto others.

The support and guidance that they provide is impeccable.
The Staff were team players
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 22, 2018
I worked in ER and it taught me that life is really short and no one is promised tomorrow. I used to keep a wheelchair near my desk, so a very sick person can sit down while looking for their identification, insurance card(s) and pay their co-payments.
Pros
Staff Members were very professional
good company to work for
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXNovember 21, 2018
I worked as a unit tech. I monitored telemetry patients, entered physician orders, passed snacks for diabetic patients, and was responsible for vital signs of patients every four hours.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no advancement options unless you were degreed.
Balance accounts receivable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 20, 2018
Reconcled all of Christus Spohn Shoreline, Memorial, South, Alice, Beeville and Kingsville lockbox at end of shift. Refund. Insurance verification and customer serivice.
Pros
8-5 weekends off
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2018
Awesome place , but the hours were too long for a data clerk, it was well organized and staff was ok,
Working there taught me alot when i become a nurse how i want to be
Good Place to work
Revenue Cycle Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 19, 2018
"This company is very family and faith-based oriented" (in 23 reviews)

"Culture, work-life balance, people" While working here, there is always room for growth and advancement! Great family!!!
Decent workplace
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2018
The work place is very understaffed on nurses and cna. Might be a good place for a cna to work since all they ever did was sit around on their phones. They really don't help with anything and when asked they just give attitude.
Work as a RN was good, just too demanding since there is no help from any of the cna. we had up to 7 patients at a time each.
Pros
Great RN-Coworkers, lots of overtime chances
Cons
No help from any CNAs
Great work environment
Member of multiple committees, ICU staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 16, 2018
we are still in the process of transitioning from Good Shepherd Medical Center as an independent facility to Christus corporate policies, plans and procedures. Multiple changes in patient ratios, department division and job responsibilities are currently occurring. Management has primarily transitioned to corporate from previous upper management positions. Within the ICU multiple changes are occurring which increases staff nurse workload without assistance of ancillary staff in our area to assist with these additional job responsibilities. This is issue is currently being addressed by management. I value and sincerely appreciate my coworkers who function as an amazingly fluid team. At the end of the day I am so proud to call these team members close friends.
Pros
Cohesive team focused coworkers
Cons
Management transition
Stressful environment with many difficult moments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 12, 2018
High nurse-patient ratio. Supposed off-clock lunch period, but nurses were required to stay on unit and remain available to take calls to patient rooms during this time. Charge nurse frequently hostile, unfriendly, unavailable and unsupportive to new nurses.
Pros
Some friendly co-workers
Cons
Stress, gossip
Fun place to work and grow
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 12, 2018
I am truly fortunate and blessed to be part of such an incredible organization, where our culture creates a fun, inclusive and engaging environment. My favorite part of working at Christus is the strong faith in God which dictates and governs everything we do from the manner in which we communicate with others, to the true reason why we exist, which is to take care of those in need. It’s refreshing to see these core values still being upheld at such a high level, even though it’s diminishing in our society. Our leaders continuously inspires and challenges us to be the best we can be, which positively impacts all interactions within our close knitted community.
Pros
fun, spontaneous events
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christus Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight