Christus Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,344 reviews matching the search See all 1,351 reviews
Terrible Work Place Culture
Manager, Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2018
CHRISTUS Health has a terrible work culture. Members of C-level management scream at each other regularly, business areas do not work well together or communicate, very tense environment.
productive
Outpatient scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 21, 2018
works well for patient care. Maintains a clean and safe atmosphere for patient care. meets states standards on care. love patient care and tending care to others
Pros
team work
Cons
stressful
love this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 20, 2018
every day I am exited to go to work. our manager was great. but recently left which makes me sad and worried for the next manager. but this is a wonderful place to work. when census are high they let you do a lot of overtime. but, when census are low they give a lot of ATOS. the insures got a little more expensive and hard to pay for. but I am perdiem which you don't qualify for benefits. but, the pay is good.And they help toward your education to.
Pros
good place
Cons
good place
I enjoyed my job as Referral Specicalist
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 20, 2018
I enjoyed working as a Referral Specialist. Unfortunately, there was a very high turn over in Ancillary Administrators while I was employed there which caused mass confusion in all of the departments.
Administrators were there long enough to implement their new policies, but before everyone was aware of the new policies, the new Administrator was gone with out notice.

I am a very flexible person, however, I have worked long enough to know that when you cannot keep an Administrator, there is a problem.
Pros
I like my job as Referral Specialist
Cons
Very High Turn Over in Administration/
Team Culture
Medical Management Clinical Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 19, 2018
I really have enjoyed working with some truly dedicated people who have been faced with unusual challenges but have been willing to think quickly to resolve situations. The HR department does not provide good support to the teams, so it makes the job of a manager very difficult at times
fun place to work
Mental Health Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 17, 2018
I, really enjoyed working for the the Spohn System. had spiritual group. Everyone worked together as a team all the way down to the nurses. the Nurses always supported their tech and nurse aide.
Most of the staff are good to work with
Unit council president for 2 yrs (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2018
Worked 11 years there and was burned by Christus and will not go back due to terrrible nurse managers at Christus Santa Rosa now CHOSA who are advocates of Drs but not of there own nurses.
Pros
the History of Santa Rosa and most of the employees are great.
Cons
terrible management
Nice place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 14, 2018
As a Rad Tech, working here can either be stressful, boring, or in between. It all depends on the day and the shift you are working and who you are working with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
People ordering exams that don't know what they are doing
enjoyed working there
Hospital Electronic Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 14, 2018
learned many differant electronic systems.
was given a free reign to do my job.
People I worked with were great, nurses , doctors, maintenance staff
nice hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2018
I did not work there, just did my clinical rotation over there. Overall that is a very nice hospital and staffs are friendly but it depends on the floors.
Busy little workshop.
CT Tech II (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 10, 2018
Don't be fooled by this places size from the outside. It is very busy in the ER. You typically don't have much down time each day so be ready to move around a lot.
workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Most people I worked with are good. Too many layers of up-management. Not giving opportunities to learn and grow at the time. I had two directors during the period I worked there. One is terrible. The other one is my mentor.
Overall good place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 9, 2018
I left this job because of the daily commute it got to be to hard. I was spending check mainly on the cost of fuel to and from work. I would of stayed if the drive wasn't so far from Beeville where I was living at, at the time of this job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
commute
Wonderful place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2018
Working there I learn so much because they sent you to school to learn. I was interested in wound care. They sent me to school and I became a certified wound technician.
Pros
Great place
Cons
There are non
Excellent coworkers, company, and management
Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 9, 2018
I have absolutely loved my time with this company. All my coworkers have been friendly and easy to get along with, and my boss especially has been pleasant, understanding, and kind. No problems whatsoever.
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2018
I really enjoyed worked at this facility because I always enjoy what I do!!

I had great experience working ion differentes shifht witch lead me to know better how run the manutince in different analyzers!!
Pros
Short lunch break
Cons
Healthcare
Very busy office where you wear many hats
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 7, 2018
The office I was in was very fast pace, the Physician seen 35 to 40 patients daily, the upper management was awesome and helped us out by pulling in floaters when needed. The office I was in was high traffic for medications and we had to do lots of drug screens, because of the type of medication that was needed for he patients dx and history.
Pros
excellent practice managers, great benifits, good insurance
Cons
long hours, mentally drained at the end of the day
staff nurse
Staff RN and Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 6, 2018
received report assessed patients titrated drips, passed medications, monitored vs, updated doctors and pt families, assisted with adl's, monitored labs,
Great place for part timers
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 5, 2018
If you are looking for anything more than PRN work than this is not the right fit for you. Even after a year most are still not recieving benefits or even acknowledged as part time "employees ". But it is a nice atmosphere and easy work environment.
Pros
Short work days
Cons
No benefits
Hardest part of the job
Registered Nurse * 4 East (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 4, 2018
The hardest part of the job is working short-staffed and having a full patient load with a charge nurse that also has a full patient load.. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christus Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight