Christus Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,467 reviews matching the search See all 1,476 reviews
Good Employees
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 14, 2018
My peer group was wonderful. The culture not so much. Work life balance is non-existent. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with our team. The hardest part of the job is the constant turnover and proving yourself to new people and continually reinventing processes.
Great Hospital
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 5, 2018
The best hospital in/around Tyler, TX. Great place to work and supportive management. My coworkers were supportive of me and we all worked together, keeping the patient at the center focus of all we did.
Executive Assistant
Senior Executive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2018
CHRISTUS health is a great company. I would recommend CHRISTUS to anyone looking for a role as an executive assistant. The company culture is fun, diverse and just a great place to be.
Poor Management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217October 3, 2018
Management only cares about their budget and their bonuses and will throw you under the bus without second thought . You get no training , You pretty much learn as you go. But if you don’t follow their made up policies they will hang you out to dry to cover their own .
Pros
Cons
Everything imaginable
Great place to get started but only stay until you are vested.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2018
I would recommend to a GN to start at any CHRISTUS hospital but, do not make it a permanent workplace. There is no loyalty there. You plan on interviewing them with questions such as, how many CEO's have there been in the past few years, ask about all the construction and then the reconstruction, why are there so many leaks that floors have to be shut down in the middle of the winter and which company is Human Resources been "outsourced" to (it may not be called Human Resource they like to change the titles up, like Talent Requisition) The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a patient actually have a positive outcome. The hardest part of the job is losing so many talented nurses but that is the best part for them. You will learn to be an exceptional nurse. Your co-workers will be your teammates! You do get pulled to other areas, hard to get breaks and lunch is usually in the late afternoon.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Upper management, closing of floors, being pulled to other areas or staying home using your PTO/vacation time.
Great Hospital System
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 2, 2018
As far as I can remember I will review this employer. The hospital system it self was a really great system. The office was professional and personable.
Lots of opportunities to advance
Credentialed Epic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Christus has many facilities so allows for many job opportunities. You can find many possibilities if you want to relocate. Invests in restructuring and providing initiatives.
Productive & amazing facility to be apart of
Operating Room Associate - Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 30, 2018
All departments are managed well, friendly staff, meeting patient needs. Hardest part of the job is long hours, a lot of walking, standing etc. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing at the end of the day you've helped a dozen or more people, impacted lives & made a difference. You feel like you have a purpose as an employee & you're appreciated daily.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
parking
Focused on productivity
Medicaid Collector IV (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Great place to work depending on dept and who is your supervisor. Far as pfs dept. Focuses on productivity, but yet no micro managing going on. Process of procedures consistently updating.
high paced work environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2018
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital is fasted paced work environment with a lot of hands on contact with the patients. The work is a lot of on your own work and deadlines that are reasonable.
I enjoyed working here.
Remote Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working here but could not get any time off. Mandatory overtime was mandatory. Was always working overtime to include weekends and holidays and never could get any time off. And if we called in sick which I rarely did it was counted against you and you would get written up. According to management we had to schedule our sick time. Other than that the company was good. I just wished that we didn't have to have too much mandatory overtime. I needed time to be with my family.
Pros
never could get time off even if i would request it
Cons
Always had work and education training.
Productive Workplace with excellent opportunities
Patient Registration Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Working for Christus is a great opportunity. You are trained well and paid well. The insurance offered is affordable and great coverage. Excellent management and availability of support. 10/10 as far as companies to work for. On boarding takes time, but once you’re officially hired, it’s a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Flexibility, overtime, Management
Cons
Onboarding took over a month
very little room for advancement
Business Representative I (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXSeptember 26, 2018
fast paced
very little room for advancement
no job security
the hardest part was sometimes conflict resolution with employees and clientele
many employees were never able to advance to full-time status so that they could receive benefits from the company they would work very close to 40 hours a week but was forbidden to make 40 hours
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unable to receive full time status to receive benefits
Good place to work.
Medicare approved Psychiatric RN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 25, 2018
Full-time Psychiatric home health RN. Supportive upper-level management. Significant management changes toward the end of my employment. Psychiatric mental health program was discontinued shortly after I left. I left to relocate to another city.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
This was a wonderful place to work.
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Hired as a Unit Secretary but advanced to Patient Care Assistant
Ensured all Doctors orders were properly entered
Assist with patient care
Assist with training on new medical system. Ensuring staff and doctors learned system.
Creating bulletin boards for Cardiac Care Unit.
Assist Nursing Supervisor with scheduling and filing
Ensured works pace area was clean

I enjoyed working with everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge!
Pros
Recognition, Friendships and ability given to improve your skills
Cons
I can not complain at all they gave me a fantastic opportunity
No job security
BILLER II,DENIALS SPECIALIST,FOLLOW UP (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 24, 2018
If you are dedicated, knowlegeable,productve,and enjoy being recognized for your skills as well as appreciated for years of service do not work here.
Benefits
Cons
More than I can list
Nice place to work
LVN, Pediatric Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I started working for Christus HomeCare as a new LVN, they had a great training program and made sure that I was fully comfortable and skilled in tasks needed to care for my assigned patient. The case managers were always available for assistance if needed.
Pros
Great teaching/orientation
Cons
Scheduler was hard to deal with
Day in Life
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Daily work is hectic, but the co workers are amazing. The management could be improved as sometimes the workers are put down and have no drive to advance in the career.
Location Closed
ICU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working with my team in the ICU. This was my first experience working in a community based hospital and I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, this location was bought and purchased by Methodist Hospital and the ICU was closed.
Closed
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Memorial hospital has closed. Services have transferred to the Shoreline location and also to the newly built clinic.
Memorial, while open was the hospital for indigent patients. We all enjoyed working at Memorial because we felt good about helping those who couldn't help themselves.
Pros
Lots of long term employees.
Cons
Old building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christus Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight