Christus Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,611 reviews matching the search See all 1,620 reviews
Even though I didn’t work in surgery, I find it fascinating.
Medical Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working in medical supplies,making sure each floor was well stocked with the proper necessary medical supplies for that individual floor. I find surgery fascinating. I was an oral surgery technician in the 90’s. Had the opportunity to set some trays for surgery while working in medical supplies. Took stock and stocked shelves.
Pros
I tend to enjoy being apart of the medical field.
Cons
I dislike shift work. I enjoy the day schedule.
Productive work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Christus Health is a great place to work, it serves the underserved population. It can be challenging however, it is very rewarding. The management is excellent, and flexible when situations arise. There are always opportunities to further one’s education with webinars and in-services. The physician, Physicians Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners are excellent and willing to collaborate in delivering evidence-based care. The staff is awesome and work well together to deliver the best patient experience.
not a good place to work
Medicaid Insurance validator and collector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2019
management is horrible-political, micro managed their teams, immature and political
unrealistic productivity goals
very low pay
no accountability for employees stealing time or coping/pasting notes
co workers are disrespectful with noise levels and how they speak to to other co workers
PFS dept needs new management across the board
Pros
choose your schedule within reason
Cons
low pay, micro managed management, unrealistic expectations of productivity each day, favortism, reversed discrimination, very political, no accountability for people copying/pasting notes or stealing time.
Somewhat productive workplace, I believe Christus Santa Rosa has the potential to be a great workplace. Alamo Heights location needs work.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2019
The hours were long, and three of my four employees were great. However, we were always playing catch up, and I do not believe management always had our back. They relied heavily on trying to please the doctors, instead of being realistic about the sterilization process and time frame.
Pros
Some great employees and people.
Cons
If i could would give it negative stars
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Was part time but worked full time plus over time hours with no benefits. Would go in for my 8 hour shift, people would call in and id have no choice but to work doubles or 14 hours. I was trained for a day before they threw me to the sharks. People only did the bare minimum to get their checks and get out. No team work what so ever. Rumors like crazy! Lots of Drama within the work place. Favoritism. It might have just been my location but it was bad! They have rehired and got rid of a lot of people so maybe the environment has change since I worked there
Pros
The pay check
Cons
Ridculously horrible managment
Collaboration
PACU Registered Nurse, GeroPsych RN (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
A typical PACU week included staggered shifts, on-call and after-hours patient care in coordination with house supervisor and receiving floor staff. Staff, anesthesiologists and surgeons worked very well together to achieve excellent patient-centered care.
Pros
Collegial environment. Supervisor very responsive to accomodating the personal needs of the staff.
Cons
Unpredictable hours.
Catholic-based healthcare organization
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 28, 2019
On a unit with a high patient turnover rate, management is more concerned about patient throughput than patient experience or stress on staff. Many faith-based changes to procedures offered now make certain aspects of healthcare more difficult for the local population to obtain.
Pros
offer health insurance to the public
Cons
corporate mentality
Fun place to work and grow
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 12, 2018
I am truly fortunate and blessed to be part of such an incredible organization, where our culture creates a fun, inclusive and engaging environment. My favorite part of working at Christus is the strong faith in God which dictates and governs everything we do from the manner in which we communicate with others, to the true reason why we exist, which is to take care of those in need. It’s refreshing to see these core values still being upheld at such a high level, even though it’s diminishing in our society. Our leaders continuously inspires and challenges us to be the best we can be, which positively impacts all interactions within our close knitted community.
Pros
fun, spontaneous events
Christus Health Review
Quality Control Support / Auditor/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2019
I have had a wonderful experience with CHRISTUS Health , I think CHRISTUS is a wonderful place to work . I would recommend anyone with a professional background and has experience in the Medical Field and PFS should apply . It is a friendly place to work a faith based organization .
Pros
Excellent working enviornment
Cons
I have no Con
Unprofesional Environment
Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2019
The woman in accounting takes it as offence every day I would come in and begin to do my work. I was accused by scanning all of her boss work and told me I didn't do my work properly. Very unprofessional environment. All departments talk about her and her big boss in accounting how ugly they treat people and so we can quit and they can look good in HR
encourage employee to team building
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 7, 2018
Analyzing and managing complex or technically difficult claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
 Manages claims through well-developed action plans to an appropriate and timely resolution.
 Deferring of Medical terminology and coding to process the correct pricing.
 High productivity and quality standards within a claims processing automation environment.
 Sending denial letter to provider with explanation reason why and what is need to paid claim.
Authorize appropriate payment or refer claims to investigators for further review.
Analyze and identify trends and provides reports as necessary.
Pros
Great working culture
Decent workplace
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2018
The work place is very understaffed on nurses and cna. Might be a good place for a cna to work since all they ever did was sit around on their phones. They really don't help with anything and when asked they just give attitude.
Work as a RN was good, just too demanding since there is no help from any of the cna. we had up to 7 patients at a time each.
Pros
Great RN-Coworkers, lots of overtime chances
Cons
No help from any CNAs
Things have definitely changed since I started there 25 years ago
Pre-Access Manager, CHRISTUS Corporate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 29, 2018
I really loved my job. I loved the patients that I served and being able to help them in any way possible. The hardest part of the job was having to collect money from some of the patients that you knew truly did not have it. However, it was always uplifting when you were able to work out something with them that would fit into their budget. It always seemed to make them happy, and I felt like I was helping someone out that really needed the help.
Management is poor
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2018
The director of the department is a very horrible manager. Manager is unable to delegate tasks, horrible follow through and have some HR issues. Coworkers and the direct Department are wonderful other Hospital staff are also great. Manager fails to give enough notice of scheduling and lack of communication for request time off.
Team Work
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 9, 2018
Working at CHRISTUS gave me much experience and knowledge that has since carried me throughout my career. We attended many workshops, training meetings, conferences and educational classes. Unfortunately the company went through restructuring and caused a large layoff due to reduction in work force
Pros
Flexibility, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Restructuring
Company continued to strive on exceptional services to set us apart from competitors.
Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
*Assessing progress on priorities set forth & outcome. *I was able to go to supervisors with solutions on pending goals. *Experienced strategic manager who executed a plan and trusted employees to progress with resolution. *Culture, transparent and open communication. *Hardest part of job was inability to satisfy every client. *Feeling accomplishments when client email you about the difference our service(s) made.
Pros
Very challenging.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Bad management at corporate office
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
Not a good experience. I was laid off 7 months after I started. People were being laid off for what they state was downsizing. How do you get rid of the CEO first? This job is known to lay people off for no reason then start hiring again. They obviously have people at the top that don't know what they are doing.
Pros
I had a great manager who was down to earth and we had a good relationship
Cons
Unprofessional management in corporate office
Where do I start?
Care not to answer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2018
Pay is good, but don't let it fool you. Manager shows favoritism and let certain people get away with murder. Manager and other associates speak Spanish to one another, which is very disrespectful to other associates who don't speak Spanish. I don't see how this person became a manager. There's alot of micromanaging going on causing things to be overwhelming and stressful. Little to no training for various positions.

Stupid made up rules that don't make sense whatsoever. Rules are made up as they go.

If you're an atheist or agnostic (like me) this is not the place for you because they will shove their hypocritical Catholic beliefs down your throat.

Lesson learned. I will never work for another faith based facility again.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short lunch, micromanagement, lack of communication, manager shows favoritism, stressful, rude team leads, weak manager
Stressful environment with many difficult moments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 12, 2018
High nurse-patient ratio. Supposed off-clock lunch period, but nurses were required to stay on unit and remain available to take calls to patient rooms during this time. Charge nurse frequently hostile, unfriendly, unavailable and unsupportive to new nurses.
Pros
Some friendly co-workers
Cons
Stress, gossip
Productive & amazing facility to be apart of
Operating Room Associate - Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 30, 2018
All departments are managed well, friendly staff, meeting patient needs. Hardest part of the job is long hours, a lot of walking, standing etc. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing at the end of the day you've helped a dozen or more people, impacted lives & made a difference. You feel like you have a purpose as an employee & you're appreciated daily.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Christus Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight