CHRISTUS Health

United States2,318 reviews

Found 2,318 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,341 reviews
hospitalpatientnursespohnrosafrancestaffunit

Na

I'm not going to go into detail, but this is a good place to work...good, knowledgeable staff and they are willing to help you where you need it.......

It's alright.

Wish the pay was better. Under staffed (like many hospitals). They've lowered the PTO they offer new hires. Current employees had a minimum of 240 hours, some more based off when you go hired. But now it's lower than that. Insurance is only good if you use the christus system.

CHRISTUS Health insights

Based on 1,029 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Professional - mission

Following the mission was my reason for working with christus. My management team allowed growth in the company .Was able to learn and grow while employed at Christus, family oriented gatherings. My adult children still remember bring your child’s to work functions. And our annual picnics.

Meh

Unorganized, the job wasn’t honest with some requirements and there was no loyalty to its employees. Once a job wasn’t accepted with them, they dropped you

What is the best part of working at the company?Best part is not working thereWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Backstabbing there. Even the higher up people do not listen when you try to tell them what is going on and now all of those higher up people don’t even work there now. Some were fired. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile environment What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy and repetitive and sabotage

What is the best part of working at the company?I love my teammates! They are passionate about their service!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working short staffed at times can be a challenge.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?My work environment is surrounded by the mission statement. “To extend the healing ministry of Jesus”What is a typical day like for you at the company?A typical day is arriving by 6:38 in the morning and leaving after report around 7:30. We work 12 hour shifts.

Lots of micromanagement

Toxic work environment due to management. Condescending attitudes in leadership and they are always on a power trip to show you who has the upper hand. Not a good place to be.

Pros

most coworkers are helpful

Cons

management is terrrible

What is the best part of working at the company?Hmm. I got some really good experience on te floor. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The hours, the supervisor, the favoritism to other shifts by the supervisor of the phlebotomist, lazy coworkers who hide and play on their phones, the fact that the phlebotomist use antiquated systems to print out their patients. The pay is really bad, at least when I was there. When your manager tells you to go to HR instead of dealing with the issue at hand you know the hand writing is on the wall. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not good. For many reasons What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was stressful

Productive and fun place to work

Management is awesome! They really care about their employees if you’re a great worker. The pay is awesome and it’s plenty of room for advancement within the company.

Pros

The company is caring

Great team!

Great team to work with! Management supportive in timely manner. Supportive with personal needs as well. Feedback is asked for and addressed quarterly. Pay is competitive.

What is the best part of working at the company?Love the work environment, people, and interesting work.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I don’t have anything stressful to reportWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?A culture of always helping people in whatever ministry you choose. Environment is not stressful and people are very nice all around. What is a typical day like for you at the company?A typical day consist of handling various service now incoming tickets and providing solutions for the converge revenue cycles team. Provide an application support to and users.

What is the best part of working at the company?The people I work work with and the nurses are very nice What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing at this time What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great at the hospital What is a typical day like for you at the company?Coming home safe from work

Not where you want to be for a long time

You will be over worked and under paidNo appreciation from management or corporate Once you stop over working and just do your job you become a nobody

Pros

Meeting pts

Cons

Treatment And lack of management support

Its ok

The job is ok. After all its a job. My department is very toxic. No accountability. Not much room for advancement. Lazy people are rewarded and hard workers are given the lazy people work to finish.

Pros

Company as a whole is great.

Cons

Pharmacy department is severely lacking in quality.

Great place to work but has issues

All in all I enjoyed my time at Christus. They have a good benefits and a very flexible work schedule. The biggest issues I've had was with pay, disorganized management, and occasional issues with staff members causing a toxic work environment.

Micromanaging

I had a terrible experience with micromanaging. I enjoyed the work but micromanagement is what drove me away. I felt bullied at times. I worked there for nine months Cardiac Cath IVR Coding and was made to feel so unappreciated. Management was toxic. I had to step back for my own well being.

Pros

Education and training

Cons

Micromanaging

fair compensation and valued employees

A typical day would consist of finding out who was on your schedule, assess, and massage given the details. Pay was good in that you were compensated for your time, even without clients. I also like that we were paid a percentage of what was booked.

Pros

on site cafe

Ok

Some days are worse than others. Management sucks. Always throw the “you don’t have a choice” sentence in there when required to float. Wish they would help more when we are short.

Great place to learn

Love my coworkers and great place to learn. I have been able to move around and have learned so many different arras within the hospital. A great start in my nursing career.

Pros vs cons

Pros: everything about this job is great. I’m excited about where my future is headed in this company and as a nurse. Cons: with all nursing core jobs; nurses are underpaid and we don’t get retirement It’s still good pay but we’re still in 2003. My preceptor whom is the on boarding coordinator is young and doesn’t know what she’s doing which is affecting my ability to be a competent PCM.

Pros

The entire company

Cons

The new hire coordinator

Is a Good Company with Great Benefits

You don't have management backup, The turn- around in employees is huge in the AP department. For that reason, you will be so stressed with the demand in work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHRISTUS Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CHRISTUS Health.
Powered byComparably

Compare CHRISTUS Health with

CHRISTUS Health reviews by popular job title

• CHRISTUS Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?