christus Employee Reviews

Long hour work not life balance
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2018
Long hour work and not life balance. if you have family this is the wrong place for you. If you are willing to work for over than 160 per pay period and stay with your manager at work because they don't have life this may be the right choice.
Exciting place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 16, 2018
There was never a dull moment working for this company. If we ever did have a slow time we would find something to liven it up. great friendships built.
Pros
doctor benefits
Cons
doctor benefits
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2018
A typical day at work was always joyful. I have learned that there are times you must work alone to finish a task and other times its a team effort. Management was great. Workplace culture was fantastic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a awesome group of people.
Pros
great place to work
Christus Medical Center
Clerk/Certified (Former Employee) –  Medical centerMarch 15, 2018
Although the hours were workable, the teamwork was lacking. Following the chain of command for filing grievances resulted in retaliation and a hostile work environment.
Pros
Convenient parking
Cons
Poor management. Blatant favoritism.
Fantastic intership and experience
Health - Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I will never forget my time as a CHRISTUS intern. The company is rooted in faith and it was interesting to see how a healthcare company works, outside of the hospital setting.
Very family oriented
Unit Clerk Women's Services (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 21, 2017
Really enjoyed my time there, very family oriented, co workers were excellent and my supervisors were outstanding. When the situation required our on call nurses picked up even in the middle of the night.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Got cancelled a lot
Above expectations
Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 23, 2017
This company has and continues to provide me with more opportunities, while maintaining a supportive environment. This also explains why I have been with this company since 1993.
Its a fine place to work and the hospital is very beautful.
Anesthesia tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2017
What I enjoy working at Christus Santa Rosa Hospital the old are everyone helps each other the doctors are very good to work with and the staff itself I really enjoyed working there so I step down PRN but it's a nice place to work and Service as well.
Front Desk Specialist
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
Checked in/out patients, scanned in all new information for patients, collected co-pays, made appointments for patients, confirmed appointments, send out medical records for patients, checked all insurances.
I learned a new system for the company and was made super user by my manager at that time.
management was not consistent. I had 6 managers within 4 years and all had different views on all work stations.
The hardest part of the job was losing patients.
The enjoyable part of job is that you got to meet a lot of employees throughout the hospital.
Pros
the healthcare insurance was good and if we were sick we could see someone at the hospital.
Cons
We sometimes couldn't get our 15 minute breaks due to being too busy.
Very healthy enviornment.
Wait Staff Server (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 13, 2014
Fun to talk and serve the elderly. however they weren't always very friendly.
A true ministry
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2014
CHRISTUS is the only place I know where you can be "openly" Christian and work to provide healing to patients. The nurses are amazing and the team environment is real. It is also the only hospital where I know the senior leadership by name. They truly care for their employees.
Pros
Amazing team
A great place to work
Pt Access Rep III (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 24, 2014
I work in Business Services and I love my job... I have great co-workers and management...
Irving Texas Corprate Office - Medicare - Collections, Validation, Billing
Medicare Biller, Validator and Collector (Current Employee) –  Irving, TxMay 7, 2014
Christus Health corporate office was a good place to work but has significantly gotten worse over the past year. I can only speak to the Medicare department though.

I was relocated from another Christus facility in 2013 and am only reviewing the Corporate Office in Irving, Texas.

The building itself is very, very nice.

Security team is great.

Pay - Average range is 15 to 17 dollars per hour.

Team Lead Pay - A team lead is not a "real position" at Christus. You are payed one extra dollar per hour for hours worked. You do not get the additional dollar per hour for PTO or during overtime.

Some of the medicare management does not treat white employees fairly.

Managers in the Medicare department have no experience
within Medicare and do not have any basic understanding of how Medicare works Vs. commercial insurance. This causes huge communication issues.

Management is almost never available to answer questions. E-mails go unanswered or are ignored.

You have no paid holidays. You must use use your PTO in order to be off for holidays.

Medical and Dental is not the best but not the worst.

HIPPA regulations are not followed. Documents lay out, you can see everyone's screens and hard copy claims are left out.

Most of the lower level people are great to work with.

Chistus Health is a Catholic based non profit. They have a church and prayer rooms within the office building. You are not allowed to use them during work hours though.
Pros
Nice building, co-workers are great
Cons
Pay, Disrespectful Managment
Innovative , Challenging and Fun
Manager of Children's Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
Planned, imoplemented day to day opersations of a well care facility and sick care facility sponsored by corporate sponsorship. Marketing, public relations,
Pros
great pay, flexibility, great hours and travel
Cons
CHRISTUS has been a good company to work for. Benefits are good, Work environment is good. Pay is about average. Their Core Values are good.
Health, Services Life Cycle Architect (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2013
For a Solutions Architect at CHRISTUS, the day consists of research and writing designs for IT systems. Significant time is spent with the Project Managers helping them understand and manage their projects. Management is supportive. The Architect team has been stable with little turnover so the team is very cohesive. Designs are a cooperative effort. There is a formal peer review. The hardest part of the job is waiting on approvals when there are deadlines to be met. The best part is the people. There are many really great people that work at CHRISTUS. They are very good at what they do and are very pleasant to be around.
Pros
Flexibility and great work environment
Cons
Meeting healthcare regulations
Rewarding Place to work, friendly environment
Environmental Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 27, 2013
My day at work starts with greetings and preparing my housekeeping carts for cleaning and disinfecting the patients's rooms and cleaning and disinfecting other areas of the hospital in accordance with high hospital cleaning standards. I enjoy what I do, therefore there is no hard part of the job for me.
New and Innovative technologies
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2012
Wonderful learning experience; close knit family of co workers.
Pros
new technologies, co worker
Cons
sporadic on call schedule