Chromalloy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Relaxed work place
3rd Shift Machinist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone loves the work atmosphere. Everyone gets along with each other. If a person gets fired from Chromalloy, then they really was not Chromalloy material. Chromalloy is a Union Shop.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Worst place to work for, RUN!!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2018
They hire you with an agency and tell you there’s opportunity to grow which is a lie. No benefits! When ever they want they tell you the contract is over and they don’t give you a heads up, they tell you the day. They are very unprofessional. Seriously the worst company you can work for!! Management does not care about their employees at all and instead of hiring the people that is working for the agency and make them permanent they hire from outside and never make you permanent and get rid of you like nothing.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, no opportunity
HR was very unethical
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2018
I made a few friends that I still have today but most everyone was looking out for themselves & if they were able to push blame off on ANYONE else they would.
Pros
Learning environment
Keep your options open
N/A (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 21, 2018
Management makes a lot of promises to cover themselves. Very disappointing and do not value their employees. No room for advancement they would rather hire someone off the street then to promote from within. Need entire new management team.
Cons
Raises, bonuses, advancement
cookouts when we meet are quarter
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at chromalloy at times. chromalloy had meeting every other week about the company so there was alot of changes that always occurred.
Pros
free donuts
Cons
short breaks
Private Equity - Not Performing
Director (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 16, 2018
Company is in trouble. They over commit and cannot execute. It's likely to get ugly soon. Sr. leadership is likely on a very short leash with the BOD. Lots of employees looking to jump ship. Sad.
Pros
Interesting business, many good colleagues, some good technology
Cons
No investment in the future, bad systems, bad processes, only focus is getting the company sold
Avoid this place at all cost
Rather not Say lest the rath (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 12, 2018
If you are starving to death do yourself a favor and beg on the street corner before you go to work there. Under handed upper management constant lies and promises that are never upheld. Will pit employees against each other creating a horrible work place.
Low moral.
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 1, 2018
The management is horrable there except for a few. They treat temps like garbage. they won't hire u and the training is none. And the management has there favorite employees and tread them good and they are useless and people who pull the weight of the cell and get no credit..
Pros
Cons
Bad magement skills
Poor Management
Paint Operator; Production Operator (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 6, 2018
The work is not difficult or overwhelming but the management is the worst I have ever experienced. Unprofessional and disappointing ..................
Watch out for the " Selective "policy,, these people are insane !!!!
Blip Blap Machine oil checker (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 25, 2018
I wasted 6 years of my life at Chromalloy in Newnan. Promises and 30 cent raises is what I got for top notch work and never made mistakes that cost the company alot . If you do mess up and find yourself in the shop of horror , watch out for the one without a neck.I got a 5 dollar an hour raise when i left that circus.Thank you JG for showing me the doorway to happiness .
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
snakes
Very fast paced
Materials Management Specialist, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2018
Chromalloy is a very fast paced high demand work place. The work environment is very family friendly. I enjoyed my time with co-workers. I learned the a lot about international shipping
Pros
great team members
Cons
short lunch breaks
I won't go back to the place
Shipping / Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 10, 2018
It use to be a nice place to work, but it turns to be a very hard place to work, managment make it very difficul all the way around, the now plan manager has not respect for the employers and HR never step up for them either, too much favoritism,
Pros
benefits used to be good
Cons
managment
Decent place to work
Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 11, 2017
Only complaint I have about this job site is they play favoritism a lot. So if your not popular be on your toes. Very poor management.
I didn't feel like they listened to me the 15 years I was there
cost accountant
Senior Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 24, 2017
I'm not comfortable writing a review. It was just an OK place to work. My manager was pleasant, but I felt could have been more supportive in my training.
Poor management
Production (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 9, 2017
Horrible place to work. Poor management. Lack of communication. Rules are NEVER implemented nor enforced. No consideration for others. No appreciation (ex. "Good job", "nice work", etc.). No advances.
Pros
Cons
Too many to write
Bad managment
Blueprint operator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 27, 2017
Chromalloy has a management issue. A very big one. The manager's have no clue what's happening on the production floor. They are always in meetings. Plus they don't inform the team hardly at all. It's the blind leading the blind. To many chiefs not enough Indians. The hourly employees are okay. Some nice, some not so nice. It's like working in a minefield with a blindfold on. Avoid if you can.
Bad managment
Quality Control Lead (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 16, 2017
Very poor management. No room for advancement in the company low pay for the aerospace industry. Long hours and no appreciation of the work that there employees do
Like a giant family
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLAugust 2, 2017
We were a giant family at Chromalloy. The only reason anyone left is because Chromalloy moved to Texas. most of us have houses family and kids in school that could not just up and go.
Pros
Family and me being QA for 3 years I was allowed all the OT i wanted
Cons
the company moving at a moments notice, offering pay cut if you move
very good work environment
CMM Operator (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMay 10, 2017
people are friendly and dont mind helping no matter how many questions you have always looking for new ways for people to grow and further there contribution to the company
Cannot recommend this company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 9, 2017
Chromalloy is an underperforming company with a culture of operating in "survival mode". Moral is poor. Turnover has been high. Capabilities are not being enhanced.
Pros
Cons
Everything else