CHROME Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in Washington, PA

Management is trying to turn things around
Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 1, 2019
We are going back to legacy credit union mentality to not forget these members and what it means to be a credit union. Employees are truly the most important asset, and the culture and environment are getting better everyday.
Pros
Flexibility
Not worth your time!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 29, 2018
I do not recommend working for Chrome. You go into your interview with the belief this will be a wonderful and “shiny” environment but you suddenly learn it’s a lot different when you begin. Daily work is monotonous, teams are helpful but surely feel the same way as everyone else when it comes to how disorganized and messy the company seems to be when handling internal and external service. Compensation is a disaster and I’m sure Chrome is not paying their employees appropriately, but everyone seems to ignore that as well for good reason. Management will not give you the time of day if you disagree with their ideas rather than listening to their employees and members who know there needs to be a change within the company.
Pros
fixed schedule
Cons
poor management, poor compensation, disorganized company, inconsistent, stressful environment
Quality Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 25, 2017
I loved working at CHROME! I worked at the Washington location in March/April of 2017. The atmosphere was Amazing! The training was top notch! My manager was fantastic and a great leader! I had to resign because I was going through personal issues, and I would give anything to go back. Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible. Upper Management was so respectful and classy to me upon my departure, and they went way above and beyond to help me. I would return to CHROME in a heartbeat if they would have me: a TRUE class organization. Those criticizing simply don't know!
Pros
Top Notch Organization who cares about its people.
Cons
Wouldn't work with me a little longer, so I could remain employed there.
Had benefits didn't need them at the time. Fun environment, very modern.
Technology Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA 15301September 26, 2017
IT Manager: Lockouts, VM, setup tear down laptop desktops/ troubleshoot .
Purchase hardware software. Iso setup, work with all vendors/risk assessment wtc.
Pros
lunches were provided sometimes. Cool trinkets.
Cons
Work was extremely strenuous. No a easy going environment.
Good Place to work with a few issues
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 23, 2017
CHROME is a good place to work. There are a few issues regarding benefits but that is getting worked on after prior management made some bad decisions. Salary is better than most. New management seems to really care about the staff and is much more visible and open to discussion. A number of people have been promoted and those that did deserved it.
Pros
New management is much more open and genuine, Friendly co-workers, Focus on the Member, PTO flexibility, Recognition for a job well done
Cons
Health and Retirement benefits; Vacancies take a long time to fill
Don't work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 11, 2017
Nice and shiny on the outside but no structure, vision or leadership anymore. Many changes have been implemented by a less than adequate Board of Directors who have no initiative to be successful or move the company forward. The current management team is slow to make decisions and cannot keep up with ever changing technology in the banking industry. There is a lack of trust within the company which equates to a less than desired culture amongst employees.
Pros
Cons
Leadership, Advancement Opportunities, Culture, Trust
was a ok place to work
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA 15301September 3, 2017
The company was washington community federal credit union for years before new managemnt came in and took over.They got rid of alot of us to save money. I really enjoyed working there till new management took over. I really had a great relationship with my members and helping assist them on a daily basis and getting to know them from being there over 20 years.
Pros
enjoyed the people i worked with
Cons
new management was terrible
Do not recommend
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 1, 2017
Poor culture. No trust. Management is very weak and uninformed. Riding off the ideas of those that came before them. They can talk a good game, but under the surface there is no substance.
Cons
Poor management. Distrust.