Chrysalis Center Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time and learned a lot
Senior Community Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 13, 2019
I started with Chrysalis Center soon after I graduated. I felt that I was very well supported and had an excellent program manager. The CEO knew us by name and what we were doing with in the company. Senior staff were well trained and knowledgeable as well as supportive.

I loved my job and learned so much working with Chrysalis Center. .
Pros
Great supportive staff, great community, extensive continued education
Look out for yourself
Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 3, 2018
If you can work someplace else, do that. Only work here if you need to. This place teaches you the importance of looking out for yourself and your own career. They WILL find a way to dispose you. They are unapologetic when it comes to race and gender bias, especially when it comes to leadership. Immediately devise a proper exit strategy the day you start working there. Have your own plan and don't get distracted by what they tell you. The Managers are cowardly, because they know the Executive Team can be cruel. Never judge anyone who's been fired from there; your time may come sooner than later when you work with Chrysalis.
Pros
Paycheck, Relatively easy work
Cons
Everything not related to pay and La Cocina
Highly corporatized with no room for work/life balance.
Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 10, 2018
Perhaps this place is changing for the better under new leadership. If you are seeking employment here, be sure that you are able to manage yourself in an almost militaristic manner.
Pros
Executive leadership was beginning to change its course.
Cons
Workload was impossible for one person and not distrubuted well.
Stressful at times.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 30, 2018
Ok to work for at times. Very stressful. Lots of extra work is put upon you. Asked to do things not in yiur job description. Your opinion is not taken into consideration.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Those not in control asserting themselves all the time.
Excellent Organization!
Director (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 21, 2018
Chrysalis Center's mission is to "assist people in need to transform their lives. They are dedicated, caring and superb in their programs and how they treat staff and volunteers. They go above and beyond to make a difference, and appreciate staff.
Pros
Caring work environment, very mission oriented
Good people, always busy but, nice place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 30, 2018
Each day is busy but, they are enjoyable. The people are nice and management is supportive. The clients can be challenging with their very different needs but, that is to be expected.
Very Toxic Environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 17, 2018
The senior management staff are vindictive, unprofessional and unethical.
The sad part is their are staff that are caring hardworking people that really care.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Most everything
This current job required the ability to multi task
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 2, 2018
The typical work day begins with daily work meetings. I schedule my day out independently. I meet with clients in addition to job development. I am primarily in the community. The challenging part of the job is all of the balancing of the meetings, trainings, and meeting with clients. I fully enjoy meeting with and assisting my clients to meet their goals.
non-profit/ great benefits
Housing Coordinator/Case Management (Current Employee) –  Hartford County, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Great benefits
bonuses 3x per year
DMHAS trainings:30 am -4:30 pm
Set hours with no working outside of M-F
Large employee turnover
Paid holidays, sick pay and vacation
Pros
great benefits/bonus
Cons
low pay/ union madatory
Poorly Managed
Director of CQI and IT (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Senior team is more interested in protecting their salaries than the mission of the agency. Many policies and high expectations of staff that are at times unreasonable.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Toxic work environment
Great work environment
Senior Community Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2018
Excellent work atmosphere. Great learning experience. Highly recommend. Great benefits. Have had a grwat work experience all around. Have been treated extremely well
Pros
Great Benefits. Well trained people
Cons
Far from home
awful
Employment Specialist/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 26, 2017
terribly judgmental, hypocritical and oppressive. impossible expectations for job outcomes. stifling micromanagement. little room for advancement. turnover ratio of more than 30%.
Low pay and high drama
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 21, 2017
Management sometimes targets employees who they don't like. This happened to me many times while working for Chrysalis Center unfortunately. Some of the management is very immature and vindictive and doesn't set a good example. The management who I worked for was really bad, yet nothing was done when I complained. In addition, the pay and the benefits were not very good either. This company does not offer the same amount of reimbursement as other places I have worked, especially when you use your own vehicle. For all those reasons, I would not recommend working for Chrysalis Center.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
vindictive management and petty drama
Great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 28, 2017
Being able to help others get their life back together. Place of peace and comfort. To work under pressure but at a fast pace. Enjoying working at this center
Pros
Peace
Intimidating work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2017
Training was poor. Employees complete eLearning's within the first 2 weeks of employment. They are not certified or resume worthy. After that, you are on your own depending on the program. Ex: my PM never once sat with me to learn the program necessary to work there. I also was hired for a different population. Not the one I had applied for or related to my experience. Case management position was treated more like a customer service position than social services or related to one who completed higher education. Also, employees do not receive an employee handbook. The handbook is a huge 3 ring binder that is read out loud during orientation instead. If you want a copy of a page, you would need to go to the main office for it which would just raise flags.
A lot of rumors and intimidation tactics from people of why employees were written up, transferred or terminated. During orientation, I had received 3 different emails about employees that were no longer with the organization after setting up my company lap top. The emails happen quite frequently. I was warned to watch what you do or say because someone is always watching you. You must use your own transportation and increase your insurance liability coverage due to transporting clients. You do not get compensated for it. You do receive mileage reimbursement but I never received a penny for my travels. As an employee you literally have to be on your toes 24/7 and to make sure you do not say or do the wrong thing. Intimidating environment overall and a very poor experience. After all the negative feedback I received as "warnings"
  more... I did my best to stay away from the main office and preferred not to attend company functions.  less
Benefits
Cons
The overall environment
great place to work
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2017
Chrysalis Center was a great place to work at. Staff was fantastic, the programs offered superb. Very sensitive and helpful. Benefits, vacations, sick time, etc.. were great.
Helping out those in need
Community Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 10, 2017
A typical day includes checking emails/voicemail messages; contacting participants to address their housing or other issues related to employment, substance abuse, physical or mental health. Meet with scheduled participants either at their home/community or in the office. Provide transportation, referrals as needed. I've recently learned that what I thought was harm reduction was not. Unfortunately all staff feel micromanaged which makes the environment uncomfortable and hard to be in the office. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Flexibility with your work schedule/community engagement
Cons
micromanagement, feeling unappreciated and job burnout
Great team work from staffing to management- great leadership!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work and grow. Good benefits and a GREAT agency reputation. Leadership is very fair and forward thinking. Great coworkers. Overall, great agency and mission and they are extremely respected by funders and families.
Pros
They take very good care of their staff, a lot of "thank you" events for staff.
Chrysalis Center
Community Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 14, 2017
While an employee of Chrysalis Center I loved being able to fill in on the women's shelter housed in the property I worked at. I also liked that my office was located in the same building my clients were located.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Upper Management
Great company
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 4, 2014
Chrysalis Center is world class non-profit organization. Management and employees were top quality.
Pros
Environment and excellent staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis Center Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Chrysalis Center Inc. Reviews by Location