Chrysalis Health Employee Reviews

Great team and work atmosphere
Community Relations Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
Wonderful work environment. Great leadership and non-stressful. Only negative is that salaries could be more competitive. Overall great company to work for. Company is consistently growing.
productive
ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 25, 2018
Flexible schedule, supervision for license, training. A good first stepping stone if interested in a clinical type of career. Management is okay as well.
Fun Workplace
Office Manager/Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
Extremely fun workplace! Did not want to leave. Also, learned a lot while working there and got to network with many professionals. Gained most of my health care experience there.
Entry level ONLY
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2018
I would recommend this company to entry-level clinicians who are thirsty for knowledge as they would benefit from the trainings offered, and the supervision for licensure if that is what you seek.

PTO is only accumulated substantially if you make a certain amount of hours in the month, which is nearly impossible due to clients canceling all the time. It took me 9 months to accumulate 8 hours. The insurance policies are disproportionate for the salary earned. Mileage/gas is not reimbursed. The work culture is you are isolated, on the road all the time. Yes, you may call your supervisor at times to discuss issues with clients and you get supervision. However, mine was gone half the time on trainings and seemed more interested in her own specialty than anything else.

I would NOT recommend this company to more experienced clinicians, who need a steadier income and real benefits for quality work-like balance.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supervision for licensure, trainings
Cons
Clients cancel a LOT, no real PTO, no holidays, mileage not reimbursed.
GREAT place to work
Out Patient Therapist/ Redirection Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pasco and Hernando countiesOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work. Very supportive. They care about their employees. Only drawback is not paid for mileage and as an outpatient/redirection therapist you would drive approximately 1000 miles/month.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
No mileage allowance
Management is terrible, always unavailable, slow to solve problems and shows favoritism.
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2018
This job is fee for service which means you only get paid for the work that you do. The problem with making full-time hours comes when you start off with a low case load and continue to have a low caseload for over 6 months after being hired. There is not mileage reimbursement, but you are told the mileage reimbursement is incorporated in your hourly pay. When you are hired as a full-time employee at between $18-$22 and hour and are only able to work 30 hours or less and drive for about 8-10 hours to and from client's home unpaid, this does not cover mileage at the standard mileage reimbursement rate and takes away from your earnings. Management is never available for questions, does not sign off on documents in a timely manager, which causes you to miss out on money and bonuses.
Pros
You make your own schedule so very flexible, helping people in need and training to become certified.
Cons
Poor management, inconsistent hours, no mileage reimbursement, high cost for health benefits (over $200 monthly for singles), no paid leave.
Best place I've worked for
Intake Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Family oriented, Friendly and caring environment. Was very sad to leave my work family of 4 years They allow you to progress within the company and the benefits are great. Always has initiatives for the facility like money prizes, PTO raffles. Quarterly the company will have something called the "think tank" were all employees are welcomed to help the company come up with better ways to improve our services and hear concerns of others. My administration will have an option once a week to do yoga for 30 min to relieve the stress of work and balance life.
Pros
Cons
not much overtime.
Excellent company to work for!
Community Mental Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312September 11, 2018
Chrysalis Health an outstanding community mental health provider. Working here helped me hone my clinical skills and experience. I am forever grateful for the cutting edge training, support, and opportunities available. I would highly recommend working here. The administrative staff helps counselors reach their full potential with support and guidance.
Pros
Medical insurance, Great Staff, Work environment, flexibility, and Pay.
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive and fun work place
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day is very busy. Patience for one another . Great management time very multi culture work place.The hardest part of the job is coming not known what the will be like working with teens. Work with youths is he most enjoyable part of the job.
all worked together
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
one of the things I loved was that we all worked together when something became crucial. The teamwork is phenomenal.The Directors were really hands on with the intake dept. the communication between the Intake Dept and the Director of the Accessors was always in flow.
Pros
team work
Productive environment
Targeted case manager (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLJune 28, 2018
My experience at Chrysalis Health. I learned so much and grown immensely in my position at a care coordinator. I am grateful that I was provided with the opportunity. The staff members were pretty amicable and easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Excellent place to grow professionally and develop clinical skills
Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJune 27, 2018
Management is superb and really interested in advancing one's clinical skills. Really flexible at working around school schedules. I have enjoyed my time there.
ok
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
Chrisalys is a great company and give opportunity to improve your knownledge and therapeutic relationship. Great support from administration staff and supervision.
Good for new therapist
Redirections Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2018
Not enough training for new therapist. Work schedule is flexible, but you may have to work late hours to accommodate clients. Therapist acts more of a case manager/JPO than therapist at times.
Nice environment
Program Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2018
Working at Chrysalis was a nice experience for me. I have learned a great deal from my direct supervisors and as well as from my peers. I had the privilege to have worked with many great individuals.
Pros
Free bagels on Friday
Do Good Work for Clients
Shift Manager/Educational Liaison (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 12, 2018
Work here if you are willing to work hard to serve others. You benefits will not be competitive but you will doing work to serve children and those in need.
Okay to start out
Out Patient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 11, 2018
This job is a hustle if you want to make money. You will run into a lot of difficulties with client schedules that make it hard to keep a good work life balance. They do no adequately compensate you for your time and resources that you use to complete your job. The thing that bothered me the most was meeting with clients in rooms that were not appropriate for children. There were hazards and the constant redirection that was needed took away from the therapeutic process.
Pros
flexible schedule and you make your own hours
Cons
compensation
Great starting point
HR assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2018
Great stepping stone, not much room for growth. Pay isn't great but it is a government funded agency.
Great group of staff, at the Tampa location. Enjoyed my time working with them.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Advancement, Pay
Do NOT Work Here
Clinician (Former Employee) –  TampaFebruary 24, 2018
What you will NOT receive -

1. Help/support from your supervisor.
2. Enough clients to support yourself.
3. Adequate time to schedule clients around the insane amount of training they expect you to attend INSTEAD of seeing clients.
4. The management to follow any of their written policies/procedures
5. Belief they value you as an employee.
6. Professional communication from your supervisor

What you WILL receive -

1. High levels of frustration.
2. Tons of training classes that are mandatory always conflicting with when you see your clients.
3. No communication on scheduled/mandatory trainings.
4. Inadequate pay.
5. High amounts paid for gas in your car - you'll be driving all over the place despite having a "defined territory."
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
Read Below
Its a job
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Learned new ideas If you ever wanted to start your own business. Work hours varied (which is nice in some cases) and a lot of the time you work passed your shift and are questioned if you did work them. So overtime pay either never came or was payed several weeks after the fact.

Management is all over the place in every office. You will have management and coworkers tell you to do your job in different ways and the owners of the company never bother to follow up on this. Management and owners only take each other side, they will not listen to the employee and the company has an overall high turn over rate.

You are allowed to listen to music while working (with no clients around) surf the internet and be on your cell phone and wear casual clothes. So that's a plus.
Pros
Make your own hours, food always in the office. Cell phones are allowed and music
Cons
Poor management for the office staff and therapists, No one is able to tell you or instruct you for the most part if you have questions or concerns, High turnover rate for all the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis Health. Our community is ready to answer.