Chrysalis Health Employee Reviews

Fun
Court/Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 21, 2019
Ok place to work supervisor was friendly and understanding. I would recommend this place to someone starting out and seeking employment or a fresh start.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low pay
Stressful work environment
STATE DIRECTOR OF CASE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2019
Lack of directions, every situation results in HR getting involved. The company does not allow for self resolution. Job security is not solidified with this company. Company is driven by the bottom line. The company does not value it's employees.
Pros
Relax dress code
Cons
high cost for health care
Worst place to work
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 9, 2019
The worst company I have ever worked for. Ineffective training from non-case management staff member. Minimal computer training on how to bill for services. Uneven work distribution, some with 25 cases to make more money, and some with 8 to 10 cases to make the least amount of money. Preference was given to staff members that were similar to the supervisor.
Pros
Cons
Structure of pay was not in alignment with demands of the job.
they not productive, they're work in certain hygiens criteria when they have inspection
couselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2019
They're always lying to the new employees, they're categorized employees by race, they don't care about college degree that's enough if you have aquintances with the board.
Owner / Supervisor SUCK!
Intake Processor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 25, 2019
Chrysalis health needs new management. The owner has favoritism with employees who have been with the company longer. They don’t care about their workers! Very rude, unorganized, and unprofessional!
Pros
Pto, flexibility
Nice People and relaxing atmosphere
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2019
It has been almost 3 years since I was an employee with this company but I really enjoyed my time there. My only reason for leaving was the rate if pay.
A good place to polish your skills
Mental Health Therapist - Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 18, 2019
I will say that Chrysalis does put an effort in simplifying the paper workload for the Clinicians to get their documentations done in time. Going to the office, there would often be staff and colleagues doing their work and often having a short gathering to follow up with each other's experience in the company. The environment was great when i was there and it can be nice to speak with them to possibly gain new insight. The most difficult part of this job is often logistics when given a case load and some of the Clients are spread out. I was unlucky to not have a school (worked with 9 different schools) refer Clients to me when they already have other female therapists to refer to. As a male clinician, i did feel discriminated but didn't change my determination to make a myself noticeable in being able to handle difficult cases with defiant clients. The other difficult aspect of this job when i was employed here is the computer malfunctioning. I was unfortunate to experience this frequently.
Pros
autonomous scheduling, positive environment
Cons
computer malfunctioning, competitive salary
Unprofessional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2019
Management will continue to move your schedule around even if you've told them upfront about the hours your available and then tell you to figure it out. The clients were a joy but management sucks and so does the pay. You'll need 2 jobs just for pay for your rent food and car insurance with their pay rate.
Pros
Clients and outings
Cons
Management and pay
Great Clinical Experience
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLNovember 26, 2018
Chrysalis allowed me the opportunity get great clinical experience. I was able to work with a diverse population in different areas of the city. I was able to work in area that I chose. It helped me grow as a clinician.
Great team and work atmosphere
Community Relations Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
Wonderful work environment. Great leadership and non-stressful. Only negative is that salaries could be more competitive. Overall great company to work for. Company is consistently growing.
productive
ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 25, 2018
Flexible schedule, supervision for license, training. A good first stepping stone if interested in a clinical type of career. Management is okay as well.
Fun Workplace
Office Manager/Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
Extremely fun workplace! Did not want to leave. Also, learned a lot while working there and got to network with many professionals. Gained most of my health care experience there.
Entry level ONLY
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2018
I would recommend this company to entry-level clinicians who are thirsty for knowledge as they would benefit from the trainings offered, and the supervision for licensure if that is what you seek.

PTO is only accumulated substantially if you make a certain amount of hours in the month, which is nearly impossible due to clients canceling all the time. It took me 9 months to accumulate 8 hours. The insurance policies are disproportionate for the salary earned. Mileage/gas is not reimbursed. The work culture is you are isolated, on the road all the time. Yes, you may call your supervisor at times to discuss issues with clients and you get supervision. However, mine was gone half the time on trainings and seemed more interested in her own specialty than anything else.

I would NOT recommend this company to more experienced clinicians, who need a steadier income and real benefits for quality work-like balance.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supervision for licensure, trainings
Cons
Clients cancel a LOT, no real PTO, no holidays, mileage not reimbursed.
GREAT place to work
Out Patient Therapist/ Redirection Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pasco and Hernando countiesOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work. Very supportive. They care about their employees. Only drawback is not paid for mileage and as an outpatient/redirection therapist you would drive approximately 1000 miles/month.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
No mileage allowance
Management is terrible, always unavailable, slow to solve problems and shows favoritism.
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2018
This job is fee for service which means you only get paid for the work that you do. The problem with making full-time hours comes when you start off with a low case load and continue to have a low caseload for over 6 months after being hired. There is not mileage reimbursement, but you are told the mileage reimbursement is incorporated in your hourly pay. When you are hired as a full-time employee at between $18-$22 and hour and are only able to work 30 hours or less and drive for about 8-10 hours to and from client's home unpaid, this does not cover mileage at the standard mileage reimbursement rate and takes away from your earnings. Management is never available for questions, does not sign off on documents in a timely manager, which causes you to miss out on money and bonuses.
Pros
You make your own schedule so very flexible, helping people in need and training to become certified.
Cons
Poor management, inconsistent hours, no mileage reimbursement, high cost for health benefits (over $200 monthly for singles), no paid leave.
Best place I've worked for
Intake Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Family oriented, Friendly and caring environment. Was very sad to leave my work family of 4 years They allow you to progress within the company and the benefits are great. Always has initiatives for the facility like money prizes, PTO raffles. Quarterly the company will have something called the "think tank" were all employees are welcomed to help the company come up with better ways to improve our services and hear concerns of others. My administration will have an option once a week to do yoga for 30 min to relieve the stress of work and balance life.
Pros
Cons
not much overtime.
Excellent company to work for!
Community Mental Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312September 11, 2018
Chrysalis Health an outstanding community mental health provider. Working here helped me hone my clinical skills and experience. I am forever grateful for the cutting edge training, support, and opportunities available. I would highly recommend working here. The administrative staff helps counselors reach their full potential with support and guidance.
Pros
Medical insurance, Great Staff, Work environment, flexibility, and Pay.
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive and fun work place
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day is very busy. Patience for one another . Great management time very multi culture work place.The hardest part of the job is coming not known what the will be like working with teens. Work with youths is he most enjoyable part of the job.
all worked together
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
one of the things I loved was that we all worked together when something became crucial. The teamwork is phenomenal.The Directors were really hands on with the intake dept. the communication between the Intake Dept and the Director of the Accessors was always in flow.
Pros
team work
Productive environment
Targeted case manager (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLJune 28, 2018
My experience at Chrysalis Health. I learned so much and grown immensely in my position at a care coordinator. I am grateful that I was provided with the opportunity. The staff members were pretty amicable and easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis Health. Our community is ready to answer.