Chrysalis Health Employee Reviews in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Fun
Court/Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 21, 2019
Ok place to work supervisor was friendly and understanding. I would recommend this place to someone starting out and seeking employment or a fresh start.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low pay
they not productive, they're work in certain hygiens criteria when they have inspection
couselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2019
They're always lying to the new employees, they're categorized employees by race, they don't care about college degree that's enough if you have aquintances with the board.
A good place to polish your skills
Mental Health Therapist - Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 18, 2019
I will say that Chrysalis does put an effort in simplifying the paper workload for the Clinicians to get their documentations done in time. Going to the office, there would often be staff and colleagues doing their work and often having a short gathering to follow up with each other's experience in the company. The environment was great when i was there and it can be nice to speak with them to possibly gain new insight. The most difficult part of this job is often logistics when given a case load and some of the Clients are spread out. I was unlucky to not have a school (worked with 9 different schools) refer Clients to me when they already have other female therapists to refer to. As a male clinician, i did feel discriminated but didn't change my determination to make a myself noticeable in being able to handle difficult cases with defiant clients. The other difficult aspect of this job when i was employed here is the computer malfunctioning. I was unfortunate to experience this frequently.
Pros
autonomous scheduling, positive environment
Cons
computer malfunctioning, competitive salary
productive
ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 25, 2018
Flexible schedule, supervision for license, training. A good first stepping stone if interested in a clinical type of career. Management is okay as well.
Entry level ONLY
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2018
I would recommend this company to entry-level clinicians who are thirsty for knowledge as they would benefit from the trainings offered, and the supervision for licensure if that is what you seek.

PTO is only accumulated substantially if you make a certain amount of hours in the month, which is nearly impossible due to clients canceling all the time. It took me 9 months to accumulate 8 hours. The insurance policies are disproportionate for the salary earned. Mileage/gas is not reimbursed. The work culture is you are isolated, on the road all the time. Yes, you may call your supervisor at times to discuss issues with clients and you get supervision. However, mine was gone half the time on trainings and seemed more interested in her own specialty than anything else.

I would NOT recommend this company to more experienced clinicians, who need a steadier income and real benefits for quality work-like balance.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supervision for licensure, trainings
Cons
Clients cancel a LOT, no real PTO, no holidays, mileage not reimbursed.
Best place I've worked for
Intake Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Family oriented, Friendly and caring environment. Was very sad to leave my work family of 4 years They allow you to progress within the company and the benefits are great. Always has initiatives for the facility like money prizes, PTO raffles. Quarterly the company will have something called the "think tank" were all employees are welcomed to help the company come up with better ways to improve our services and hear concerns of others. My administration will have an option once a week to do yoga for 30 min to relieve the stress of work and balance life.
Pros
Cons
not much overtime.
Excellent company to work for!
Community Mental Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312September 11, 2018
Chrysalis Health an outstanding community mental health provider. Working here helped me hone my clinical skills and experience. I am forever grateful for the cutting edge training, support, and opportunities available. I would highly recommend working here. The administrative staff helps counselors reach their full potential with support and guidance.
Pros
Medical insurance, Great Staff, Work environment, flexibility, and Pay.
Cons
Can't think of any
Nice environment
Program Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2018
Working at Chrysalis was a nice experience for me. I have learned a great deal from my direct supervisors and as well as from my peers. I had the privilege to have worked with many great individuals.
Pros
Free bagels on Friday
Okay to start out
Out Patient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 11, 2018
This job is a hustle if you want to make money. You will run into a lot of difficulties with client schedules that make it hard to keep a good work life balance. They do no adequately compensate you for your time and resources that you use to complete your job. The thing that bothered me the most was meeting with clients in rooms that were not appropriate for children. There were hazards and the constant redirection that was needed took away from the therapeutic process.
Pros
flexible schedule and you make your own hours
Cons
compensation
productive
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 2, 2018
i really enjoyed my time with the company and miss the job
management was great my work place was great and the staff was always good to work with ....
Pros
great days off
Cons
wasn't full time
Different workplace
Food Handler | Chef | Culinary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2017
Working at Chrysalis you would always do more than your job title and or position. When your working with youths, you find that theres always more that can be done to helm them.
Great Place.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2017
Wonderful co-workers. A great place to work. Everyone is pleasant and friendly. Great culture. Like minded beings working together. Pay is not a lot but the benefit is you work with great people.
Redirection Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 18, 2017
Nice clients, and staff. The work environment was out in the field and paperwork at home which was convenience. The management was okay, although the job did not pay enough.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
low pay
Gulf too wide between management and direct services...
Residential Care & Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 13, 2017
Typical days are rigorous in schedule with staff, clients and paperwork with sufficient opportunity to also take a deep breath to relax. Relations with supervisor and co-workers are critical to success and seriously impact the working atmosphere for better or for worst.

Direct staff are dedicated and compliant in relation to clients, schedule, tasks etc., which must be strictly followed or won't last long in any position at the company. Few avenues available for resolution of staff/management issues.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Not much respect..can't be fooled into thinking you can question authority
Good trainings poor support
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2017
Working with this company made me understand the difference in for profit companies and not-for-profit companies. This company was about money for the company. However, the one pro is that they offered fantastic trainings for the therapists.
Balanced work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 1, 2017
Chrysalis Health was a pleasant company to work for. They try their best to help you achieve your personal goals, whether or not they include staying in the company. They had yoga on Thursdays to help you relax which helped you be more productive at work
Excellent company
Logistics & Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 27, 2017
Excellent business and ownership team. However very little room for attaining top level management positions. Not all rules are applied equitably. At times appears agenda driven.
Pros
Very socially concious
Cons
Too socially conscious
Great place to work after college
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2017
Case management and Therapeutic services offered. Working with children through adults proves rewarding. Working with families and assisting them with goals is great for the families and employees.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Homely work place for youths
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Coordinating all aspect of the group home. Completing intake for resident living in home, providing best services for youths in home, providing staffing, weekly billing and running a successful group home contracted by DCF.
This company is the complete opposite of which is stated in the orientation given upon hire.
Experienced Residential Assistant Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 6, 2016
Stated in the Orientation was that there would be chances for advancement with them, but I soon realized after a year of working that advancements are only possible if you are and employee of the main office or therapist. For residential there is no growth option unless you have favor with someone in HR or just simply working at the main office. If you are an employee of this company and working in residential this is a dead end job.
Pros
Trainings, Holiday party, bonds formed with youths at the home
Cons
No overtime, Forced flexing of hours, no breaks, unplanned meeteings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis Health. Our community is ready to answer.