Chrysalis Health Employee Reviews

all worked together
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
one of the things I loved was that we all worked together when something became crucial. The teamwork is phenomenal.The Directors were really hands on with the intake dept. the communication between the Intake Dept and the Director of the Accessors was always in flow.
Pros
team work
Productive environment
Targeted case manager (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLJune 28, 2018
My experience at Chrysalis Health. I learned so much and grown immensely in my position at a care coordinator. I am grateful that I was provided with the opportunity. The staff members were pretty amicable and easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Excellent place to grow professionally and develop clinical skills
Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJune 27, 2018
Management is superb and really interested in advancing one's clinical skills. Really flexible at working around school schedules. I have enjoyed my time there.
ok
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
Chrisalys is a great company and give opportunity to improve your knownledge and therapeutic relationship. Great support from administration staff and supervision.
Good for new therapist
Redirections Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2018
Not enough training for new therapist. Work schedule is flexible, but you may have to work late hours to accommodate clients. Therapist acts more of a case manager/JPO than therapist at times.
Nice environment
Program Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2018
Working at Chrysalis was a nice experience for me. I have learned a great deal from my direct supervisors and as well as from my peers. I had the privilege to have worked with many great individuals.
Pros
Free bagels on Friday
Do Good Work for Clients
Shift Manager/Educational Liaison (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 12, 2018
Work here if you are willing to work hard to serve others. You benefits will not be competitive but you will doing work to serve children and those in need.
Okay to start out
Out Patient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 11, 2018
This job is a hustle if you want to make money. You will run into a lot of difficulties with client schedules that make it hard to keep a good work life balance. They do no adequately compensate you for your time and resources that you use to complete your job. The thing that bothered me the most was meeting with clients in rooms that were not appropriate for children. There were hazards and the constant redirection that was needed took away from the therapeutic process.
Pros
flexible schedule and you make your own hours
Cons
compensation
Great starting point
HR assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2018
Great stepping stone, not much room for growth. Pay isn't great but it is a government funded agency.
Great group of staff, at the Tampa location. Enjoyed my time working with them.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Advancement, Pay
Do NOT Work Here
Clinician (Former Employee) –  TampaFebruary 24, 2018
What you will NOT receive -

1. Help/support from your supervisor.
2. Enough clients to support yourself.
3. Adequate time to schedule clients around the insane amount of training they expect you to attend INSTEAD of seeing clients.
4. The management to follow any of their written policies/procedures
5. Belief they value you as an employee.
6. Professional communication from your supervisor

What you WILL receive -

1. High levels of frustration.
2. Tons of training classes that are mandatory always conflicting with when you see your clients.
3. No communication on scheduled/mandatory trainings.
4. Inadequate pay.
5. High amounts paid for gas in your car - you'll be driving all over the place despite having a "defined territory."
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
Read Below
Its a job
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Learned new ideas If you ever wanted to start your own business. Work hours varied (which is nice in some cases) and a lot of the time you work passed your shift and are questioned if you did work them. So overtime pay either never came or was payed several weeks after the fact.

Management is all over the place in every office. You will have management and coworkers tell you to do your job in different ways and the owners of the company never bother to follow up on this. Management and owners only take each other side, they will not listen to the employee and the company has an overall high turn over rate.

You are allowed to listen to music while working (with no clients around) surf the internet and be on your cell phone and wear casual clothes. So that's a plus.
Pros
Make your own hours, food always in the office. Cell phones are allowed and music
Cons
Poor management for the office staff and therapists, No one is able to tell you or instruct you for the most part if you have questions or concerns, High turnover rate for all the employees
Very rewarding job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2018
Taking care of people with mental disabilities is not for everyone, it takes alot of understanding and patience.
It is the best job to get your foot in the door if you want to pursue a career in psychology.
Just wish pay was higher considering how much we have to do.
So if you're only in it for the money, this is not the right job for you.
Pros
Paid training, flexible hours, great clients, fun, good benefits
Cons
Low pay, main office is disorganized
Amazing staff/support, but pay is awful when ACTUAL hrs are factored in..
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Unfortunately, working for a non-profit that does SO much for the community is NOT going to bring extrinsic rewards ($$$,) but the intrinsic rewards are endless!! You can make your own schedule, as long as your schedule perfectly accommodates the availability of your clients.
Pros
Intrinsic rewards, supportive staff.
Cons
The term "non-profit" refers to the salary... =/
lots of incetives
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2018
great place to work.Training is very helpful and it is paid. supervisors are very supportive too. Your work day can be long and you may have a lot of cancelled appts.
Pros
make own shedule
Cons
long days sometimes.
Avoid at all costs
Lead Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 18, 2018
This company is a complete mess. From the high turnover rate to the lack of support, to the heavy case load and high level of unpaid work, it is amazing how this company is still in business. If you choose to work here, be prepared for absolutely no work to personal life balance. You will be expected to be available nearly 24/7 while only being paid for billable hours (seeing clients, treatment plan reviews). Your gas is not compensated and you will be expected to drive hours each day to make way less than what you're worth. You will be zoned for one area and be expected to see clients who live 30 min to 1 hour or more away. There is no consistency, no room for advancement, and no support. The turnover rate is so high and clients are constantly being transferred to new therapists due to how many resign. Low pay, no sick days, hardly any benefits, barely anyone has worked here past 3 years.

Additionally, this company preaches self care, yet there is no time to engage in self care with how much they expect you to work. One of my colleagues passed away from a heart attack due to the stress of this job. I have been in a serious car accident because of how much I was on the road due to this job. This job has caused me depression and PTSD and I am finally caring for myself and getting out of this chaos.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Depression, Ptsd, unpaid work, no sick days, working 24/7
productive
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 2, 2018
i really enjoyed my time with the company and miss the job
management was great my work place was great and the staff was always good to work with ....
Pros
great days off
Cons
wasn't full time
Learned a lot but a lot of work to take home
Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 13, 2017
Great learning experience but a lot of work to take home. Loved the clients and management, the atmosphere and morale. Didn't love doing notes and treatment plans every night and weekends. Left me little time for personal life
Cons
too much paper work
independence and flexibility
Mental Health Therapist, MA (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLDecember 9, 2017
Create your own schedule and ability to recruit your own clients or be provided a caseload. Flexibility in work zone and minimal micromanaging from supervisor.
Horrible company to work for. Bad Management. Not a equal oppurtunity employer.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLNovember 29, 2017
Chrysalis favortism to certain employees based on personal relationships. They don't hite the best people for the job and have a high turn over rate. Administration failed to provide to provide staff to perform job duties and responsibilities. Case Managers are expected to do multiple job duties and make decisions that the Program Director should be making.
Like working out of your car
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2017
Only get paid if your client actually shows up, no real structure or clinical supervision. Not recommended. Would not have been as bad if supervisor had been helpful or even given attention to therapists needs rather than paperwork. If you like working for a company that only cares about paperwork this is your kinda job.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
supervisors self involved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis Health. Our community is ready to answer.