Chrysalis Health Employee Reviews

Flexible schedule
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2015
Great entry level experience. Amazing learning experience as a clinician. Supervisors are very helpful. Lots of opportunities to learn from others and great trainings.
Great Opportunity for new counselors
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 22, 2015
Chrysalis Health offers much needed services to their community. It is a great location to receive supervision and experience, especially for new counselors. However, as an Outpatient Therapist you will need to be comfortable working within your client's homes/schools/communities.
Management is Terrible
N/A (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
I started working for this company a few years back in the Miami office when they were still located by the new Marlins stadium. I loved my job when I started working here. The staff was amazing, loved the program coordinator at that time & it was just an awesome atmosphere. Felt like a second family. Things took a turn for the worst when we moved to our new location. I guess greed took over the higher ups in the company. They started firing people for anything. It all started with our program coordinator which was an amazing person to me and I will hold her dearly for giving me the opportunity to work there with her. After that it started going down hill and it just wasn't a happy environment to work in anymore. New people that would start wouldn't even make it 3 months and they would quit. I went through 3 program coordinators while working there. Saw a lot of people get fired and quit. Finally, when I was fired all I heard was terrible things after me. Yes, they offer good benefits and good pay. Yes, they are doing a good thing for the patients that need this program. But honestly they care more about the money in their pockets. I also believe that working here doesn't offer stability because you constantly have to be looking over your shoulder. Employees in the corporate office in Ft. Lauderdale don't know what they are doing half the time and blame everyone else but themselves when things go wrong.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
No stability terrible management
Targeted Case Manager
Targeted Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoy the job, but you have to work a lot to make decent pay even though you are paid at a high rate. You only get paid for what you do with the client and often the work you do; you have to wait for authorization from the insurance company to come in which delays your payment. Hours are not consistent and your pay is up and down.
Pros
flexibility/Great Supervisor
Cons
not paid for mileage and waiting for authorizations to receive pay.
Friendly and Fun environment
Assessor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2015
I work very independently, and when I go into the office once a week to deliver paperwork and sign documents, I am welcomed well. The staff is helpful, respectful, and considerate. The hardest part about my job is getting clients to keep their appointments, but the most enjoyable part is getting to meet with them and be the first one to introduce them to therapy.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Not consistent
flexible work style
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ft. LauderdaleNovember 26, 2014
ability to service many people
flexible hours and schedule
diverse work environment
Pros
flexibility
Cons
high turnover rate, little support from directors when it involves a supervisor
Warm and welcoming staff.
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
Day at work is hectic. I learned to be humble. Management is supportive. My co- workers are friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is succumbing to poor choices made by clients. Most enjoyable part of the job is giving back to the community.
Pros
Friendlly Staff and atmosphere
Cons
Unpredictable availability of clients.
rewarding
Assistant Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 7, 2014
Company has a great mission statement and provides beneficial services to the community. There is a high turnover rate and some positions do not offer room for growth. This is a rewarding job. Salary/ wages for assistant counselor position is competitive with similar agencies if you only have GED/high school diploma. Wages for Bachelor degree in the assistant counselor position is not competitive. The job requires a lot of patience and the ability to remain calm in high stress situations. The job require to play the role of role model to children of varying ages. This is a rewarding job, being able to give love and attention to children in the foster care system with somewhat disturbing backgrounds.
Pros
rewarding, great learning experience, training
Cons
high stress situations, low wages in correlation to responsibilities
Great Coworkers, Lousy management team
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ft. LauderdaleSeptember 10, 2014
Great place to meet other therapists newly into field. Great training system for this area. Terrible hours, pay, benefits. No mileage, no reimbursements - all wrapped up in hourly wage.

Management are not to be expected to have your back.
Hardest part of the job is balancing work/personal. Hours are too long into the night.

Greatest part of the job of course is helping others.
Pros
Great training for new therapists who have just graduated
Cons
Terrible costly benefits. no mileage, no time off - 3 days a year.
Productive, organize and fun
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2014
Learned many new task and i love there advancement, Great company to work with.
Room for advancement
Outpatient Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2014
Good place to work, but upper management changes things fast without much notice. Employees are expected to be on their toes and comply with any changes without complaining.
Very good place to work
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 21, 2014
A typical day at Chrysalis is very busy. However, you get to make your own schedule. I work in the Lake Worth office, and the supervisor is very understanding.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
High cost for insurace
Steady work, lots of opportunity for training and further education
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2014
• Overseeing day to day operations of staff and clients on three different
• Staff assignments, supervision of clients and staff, and training
• Behavior Monitoring, daily progress notes and other documentation, emergency and crisis intervention
• Implementation of policy and procedure
• Reporting to the Program Coordinator and Behavioral Therapist
Rewarding to witness a person meet their goals in the program or in life
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 24, 2013
Transportation of clients to facility. Orientate new client(s). Monitor and document behavior. Facilitate groups. Used positive reinforcements to redirect clients. Evaluate client's progress. Update notes. Worked with staff to make sure client's needs were meet. Returned clients home.
Pros
Working with people to help them
Cons
Limited funds for program-none profit organization
A great place to work. Appreciates their employees
Therapist (Intern) (Current Employee) –  broward flFebruary 26, 2013
Run group therapy in the morning and conduct individual therapy in the afternoon. I am an intern so my functions are a little bit different. Client biopsychosocial assessments, group notes, individual notes, and documenting everything. Everyone works as a team.
Pros
lunch, great staff
No stability
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLNovember 1, 2012
My immediate co-workers and myself work very well as a team. A typical work day includes, picking up clients from their residential location and tranporting them to the facility, serving them breakfast and lunch, monitor hallways, assist in building clients' socialization skills, assist in classrooms, perform drug testing etc.,as well as transporting clients back to residetial location in a safe and timely manner.
The hardest part of this job is no communication between staff and upper management, no support from upper management.
For myself, the most enjoyable part of the job is the repore that the Mental Health Techs build with the clients. Having the opportunity to encounter people from all walks of life, learning of the many trials they have gone through and the ability to encourage them to continue to fight for their lives or sometimes just listening is more than enough.
Pros
interacting with clients
Cons
no consideration for personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chrysalis Health. Our community is ready to answer.