CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

IT Director
Corporate Director of IT Systems (117 hospitals) (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 18, 2018
CHS is a Fortune 500 company that owns 117 hospitals in 30 states. I was over a department of 26 employees responsible for Clinical IT Systems in all hospitals. Purpose and principal responsibility to successfully deploy a full suite of McKesson clinical software in 54 newly acquired hospitals that initially used various versions of Cerner Classic, Cerner Millennium, Meditech, and Keanne software.
Stressful work place
Mill Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 18, 2018
Lots of discrimination at chs inc great falls mt. Managment dosnt care if your a hard dependable work. It is a good old boys club. And if you question managment at all they will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Managment discrimination.
Horrible staff
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Lynden, WASeptember 17, 2018
The second day working, I was approached by a department head, asked to help get someone fired, when I refused, the person set out to recruit other employees to undermine my department, integrity, and reputation. After she was told the situation, the general manager refused to get involved, then blamed me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Cut throat and no good management.
Driver (Former Employee) –  New London, WISeptember 17, 2018
Majority of the people in management got to where they are by brown nosing lying backstabbing the other guy or sucking off upper management. I was chased out by a manager who did not care for me but his friend was in upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Always have to watch your back
After school job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hallock, MNSeptember 16, 2018
This was an after school job for me. Was perfect for a high school student. I had flexible hours and shift started right after school. Never felt rushed or overwhelmed.
Decent company to work for with many avenues of growth
Regional Precision Ag Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 4, 2018
CHS has many challenges in the ever changing environment of Ag. Has good employees and work environments in most locations. Biggest issue is the disconnected with corporate and local outlets.
Credit and A/R Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNSeptember 1, 2018
There are many employees who have been there for very a long time, many of them in management positions. They resist change. You cannot challenge status quo. You have to be very careful about not fitting the "We have always done it this way" mentality.

They restructure some departments for organizational alignment and posted all jobs externally right away. Not a very trasnparent organization.
Great place, great culture, had no problems
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 30, 2018
My experience was that you had your few managers who were not nice, but I didn't hear a lot of bad ones, only 1.
My supervisor was the best ever, she bought us gifts, she did a lot of us as her employees, just out of kindness.

The culture was very professional, no drama scene like others.
Pros
Everything about company was great
Cons
N/a
good job
Millwright/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hallock, MNAugust 28, 2018
I enjoy repairing all the equipment to keep the plant running. I work with a real good team. Have a real good manager. It is a real fun place to work. has many great people.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
distance
Employees are not important to senior management. I was let go after 24 years of success in many roles in the company to make room for VP's friends
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MontanaAugust 27, 2018
Employees are not important to CHS senior management. I was let go after 24 years of successful employment in many roles in the company only to make room for division VP's friends which he brough over from another company.
Average place to work
AP & Payroll System Application Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 16, 2018
You could have your moments but it was okay to work. It was a place were you could learn. Higher management had a problem sometimes. Workplace was average but not always friendly. Hardest part was dealing with upper management sometimes. Mist days were enjoyable if you went out for lunch with some employees.
Pros
Good lunch time
Cons
Good break time
Employee Value
Employee (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNAugust 15, 2018
They talk about employees being one of the most important assets of the company, but actual actions don't back up those claims. Culture changed about employees with the previous CEO, and all upper management brought into the company from the outside.
Great Benefits
ASSISTANT MANAGER/SAFETY LEAD (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 13, 2018
Typical day at work was usually no more than 8 hours with some over time depending on time of year. On the job training and learned how to operate HE....
Great company to start a career in
Intern (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNAugust 13, 2018
Learned a lot about a variety of fields! Very flexible work-life balance. Exceptional pay. Always kept busy with new projects and important tasks-- never felt like I was doing busy work.

Company culture can sometimes feel too competitive to speak your mind and like people who have worked there for awhile are stuck in their old ways.
Job was wonderful, Manager lacked experienced.
Former Employer (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 4, 2018
Job was wonderful, Manager lacked knowledge. If you are a woman, then CHS, Inc., is not a good place to work for. The BIG bird will treat you like a step child.
Pros
Job was good
Cons
Man oriented
good job
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 25, 2018
i started working here in february 2017 good working hours good pay very good benefits i am looking for another job because CHS i selling the alexandria la location
Working for CHS
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mazeppa, MNJune 17, 2018
Working at CHS is either fast passed or slow pass. There has never been an in-between. It is a great job for a high school/college student but not for someone trying to provide for a family and pay bills. Hours are pretty flexible.
Pros
Fun people to work with and customers that come in everyday
Cons
management and higher ups didn't do anything when there was a problem
Very productive work place
Crop Scout Intern (Former Employee) –  Shipman, ILMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work start off with visiting different scouting areas.
Learned a vast amount about crop management. favorite part of the job was meeting with clients.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
on the road often
Great company to work for
Retail Specialist (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 4, 2018
CHS is a great company to work for, with great people and a bright future. I enjoyed my time there and can't think of one negative thing to say about it.
poor management/low wages
truck driver/mechanic (Former Employee) –  moscow,idApril 23, 2018
very poor management. ran down equipment barely legal. no chain of command(everybody is to "buddy buddy"in the management chain. Promises of raises that dont happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight