CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

The jury is still out?
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 16, 2018
if you decide you want to work here, negotiate as high a wage as possible. when hired. Pay raises are based on how much you suck up to the managers rather than value you add to company. Some years you will do good to get a 1% increase. Unfortunately this is a pretty common aspect of agriculture cooperatives.
CHS is supposedly owned by farmers but it has a huge amount of overhead and dead weight. Our facility at one point had 4 management personnel to supervise less than 15 full time employees.
Much of the equipment is old, outdated, and neglegted. Poor productivity and lack of preventative maintenance has contributed to this decline.
CHS as a corporation has also had some serious issues to deal with.
Without going into detail, they have been under invetigation for some questionable business practices at the corporate and regional levels.
Bottom line it's a job to provide for you and family. Some of the benefits and perks are,decent and if you are a conscientous, honest employee you should have a degree a job security in a very important industry. But be prepared to enter a buddy buddy system
that rewards relationships and not accomplishments.
Love working for CHS> Great place to work
Chief Technologist (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2018
Love working for CHS and all the people. The people are very nice to work with and the company its self is top notch. Its one of the best organizations.
Great working place.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNNovember 8, 2018
This is the company where every individual need to work because it has a great work atmosphere and people are good around. I have worked in a few companies where I know how team members will be so effective in one's success. you get all the support from manager and colleagues. all together happy and peaceful.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
nothing
not very enjoyable
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2018
if you like to be micro managed and constantly reviewed for a dull job then this is the place to be. they constantly have turn over and lose their best people because they do not care about anything but numbers and the best way to make the most money off paying as little as possible.
Watch Out
Denials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNNovember 7, 2018
Two faced never own up to anything if you apply you will soon see TRUST me! They tell you one thing then do another, Fire people left and write denials is challenging..
Chs
Cash Revenue / Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 29, 2018
Posting Hospitals mail and insurance and self pays. This was based on facility posting.
Very stressful job.It was very unorganized. Christmas time was most enjoyable time. They ha a great Christmas lunching and gave away prizes
November 5, 2018

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience but CHS Inc. is an agribusiness and energy company. We are not a healthcare organization and you are likely posting a review for another company with the acronym CHS.

Typically disorganized large corporation
Physician Practice Support (division (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNOctober 28, 2018
Directors and managers seem more focused on their little fiefdoms and keeping their generous salaries than they are in doing what is best for the company in any given situation.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Horrible boondocks location, working remotely not allowed

N/a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 27, 2018
I'd rather not answer this.as I worked remotely the last 7 years so don't have a clear picture of a work day at the corporate office. Normally on the road every other week and those were some long days with long miles driven.
Good Company to work for.
Associate Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 26, 2018
All of the staff is great to work with. I enjoy coming to work everyday and being able to assist in their technical issues. I never seemed to have a similar day as everyday was different.
Loved it wish i didnt have to fmove
Agronomy / Elevator Driveway Manager (Former Employee) –  Garretson, SDOctober 23, 2018
Loved working at CHS!!! IT was fun and the people no matter at what location were down to earth. This is one company I would recommend to anybody who wanted to get into the Agriculturail carreer
Pros
fun training
Cons
during certain seasons long hours
Good work environment. Flexible work-life balance. Collaborative teamwork. Great benefits!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 22, 2018
As a mid-career hire with a family, it was important to me to join a company with strong core values, a flexible work-life balance, competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Sneaky, secretive, back stabbing Management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 18, 2018
Slow paced environment, laid back. the employees are OK to get along and work with. Management is the #1 issue. they're very secretive, they don't follow company policies nor follow safety guidelines unless its convenient for them, they're selfish and are only in it for themselves. they took away safety bonuses, Christmas dinners, etc, no compensations or thank yous. Management is Anti-Union, and if you're Pro-Union ( they probably wont hire you on from temp agency's). Biggest 2 faced management I've ever worked for. so much tension/stress between management and employees. Favoritism is a big factor as well.
Pros
Union, health Benefits, breaks
family oriented work place
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 16, 2018
great health benefits and 401k plan .great equiptments and friendly professional staff to help with problems/concerns. great company to work and grow with
The most enjoyable part of the job
Instruments Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care patients and interacting with my coworkers. I like patients and I help them every time I meet them. My coworkers are also supportive.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review, but CHS Inc. is an agribusiness and energy company. We are not a healthcare organization and you are likely posting a review for another company with the acronym CHS.

good
Grain Man (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 12, 2018
Great company to work for if you have the time and the balancing abilities to balance home and work life. They expect you to devote your soul to their company and expect you to work 16 to 17 hour days.
Very fun people to be around
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 10, 2018
I have learned a lot about working with industrial equipment. I also got the hang of using different tools I never even worked with. Connecting with hoses and moving blended oils to the inside tanks and the outside tanks.
Confusing at times
Point of Sales Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 7, 2018
They brought me in to support the sites then they contracted the work out. Which made it confusing for the sites. Why have sites spend money on techs when they had resources in house
Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 2, 2018
Very poor management, the plant manager would rather throw people under the bus instead of taking blame for anything in the plant, he treats the employees as second class citizens unless you are his family, then you rent even have to show up on time.
Pros
Paid lunches for night shifts
Cons
Production over safety or quality
Stressful work place
Mill Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 18, 2018
Lots of discrimination at chs inc great falls mt. Managment dosnt care if your a hard dependable work. It is a good old boys club. And if you question managment at all they will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Managment discrimination.
Challenging Workplace
Grain Marketing (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNSeptember 17, 2018
Overall good company culture but lack of interaction between business units. Challenging work place that provides good opportunities for professional growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight