CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

Very productive work place
Crop Scout Intern (Former Employee) –  Shipman, ILMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work start off with visiting different scouting areas.
Learned a vast amount about crop management. favorite part of the job was meeting with clients.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
on the road often
Great company to work for
Retail Specialist (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 4, 2018
CHS is a great company to work for, with great people and a bright future. I enjoyed my time there and can't think of one negative thing to say about it.
Excellent Entry to the Medical Field
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 24, 2018
I love what I do, and I'm given the skills and resources to do the greatest job I can day in and day out. There are tough days but it's worth coming in and having friends and coworkers who care about you.
Pros
Fun times, excellent benefits, good people.
Cons
I don't like the commute but it has to be done.
poor management/low wages
truck driver/mechanic (Former Employee) –  moscow,idApril 23, 2018
very poor management. ran down equipment barely legal. no chain of command(everybody is to "buddy buddy"in the management chain. Promises of raises that dont happen.
fun place to work very fast paced
Grain Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Park, ILApril 12, 2018
CHS is a great place to work advancement in this industry is not easy but well worth it. Managers are very helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone has a job and knows how to be productive.
Pros
more understanding in the grain industry
Cons
short breaks possibly none depending on season
I liked working for illinois river energy....an not chs....
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, IL 61068April 5, 2018
The management team did not relate to the employees if you went to college they liked that if not u were subject to lies and ridicule in front of fellow employees. ...forced to work over your required shift many times....
Fast Efficent
Machine Operator Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 28, 2018
Poor management I was always doing a 4-6 person job myself each and every day and I was getting sick of it so I started look for a new job dumb workers that work there
Pros
paid lunches on overnight shift
Cons
15 minute breaks I always was overworking myself everyday and i am getting sick and tired of it
Opportunities
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 28, 2018
CHS, Inc is a great company with great benefits. Some management is much better than others. Employees are great to work with and educational opportunities are offered.
Benefits
Good
Chs (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKMarch 17, 2018
It's a good place to work over all and I find it really relaxed. Simple to do just read what's on the screen and kinda understand the person on the other side of the phone
the usual gas station job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, NDMarch 15, 2018
I like my CHS gas station job because you meet a lot of people from the area or people traveling through. the only problem is people get upset when they don't get there way in terms of service.
Pros
lots of food
Cons
you have to pay for it
Lots of work to be done every day
Driver, yard attendant (Former Employee) –  Readfield, WIMarch 9, 2018
Good place to work and if you wanted to progress a career in the agriculture field there are plenty of options available for a go getter. The employees are mostly great to work with and I thank them for giving me the chance to prove myself after getting my CDL A.
Pros
Separate departments, good exercise, good employees
Cons
Seasonal work unless you drive truck
Laborer
Laberor/Operator (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNFebruary 22, 2018
work as a deck hand on barges while loading grain to go down the Minnesota river. Load barges, unload trucks, rail cars. Maintenance on plant during winter/
Redefined
Manager (Former Employee) –  remoteFebruary 12, 2018
New management needs to clean up the mess of the former executives that were in place for a few years. This isn't my father and grandfather's coop, but could be in the future. Instead of the country being relevant to CHS, CHS needs to be relevant to the country to grow. Need remote offices and not a central location.
A perfect place to begin a Career.
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  Creston, IAFebruary 5, 2018
Management always helped push people to learn more. They were understanding when situations would happen in or out of the plant. They encouraged everyone to try and climb to a higher position within the company. This was a great job I enjoyed being a part of. The closing of this facility was done with heavy hearts I am sure. I was fortunate to have worked with CHS while the opportunity was available.
Pros
Great management team, good benefits, world class company, and plenty of opportunities to grow.
Cons
No specific cons worth mentioning.
Nice group of people to work with.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 30, 2018
The company has some issues about pay, or long term employment. The people make it worthwhile. Flexible and willing to accomadate during slow times for employees
Great assosiates
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pine Island, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Fun place to work, low pay and could not work more than 28 hours/week. I was certified to fill propane and handled safe drops and opening and closing the store.
It was a good place to work
IT Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 25, 2018
Culture was similar to a small town and everyone was friendly. There were some tough managers that were old school and very financially driven and worried more about their own career rather than helping others around them grow. Besides those managers the employees were great to work with and the company treats their employees well.
Chs
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 25, 2018
Good company to work for with good corporate culture. Benefits and work life balance are good. Could use better career development programs. Past management made some mistakes but the company is on a better path now.
stressful
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 16, 2018
stressful, hard work, had to clean up after other shifts, being female was hard in a feedmill, always running around trying to fix a machine that you were never taught how to fix
Pros
slow times
Cons
being female in a mans job feild
Very stable work schedule
Grain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Onida, SDJanuary 8, 2018
Great place to work, LOTS of hours during harvest time, Some overnight work required but not very often, fantastic benefits, must be willing to work hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.