CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

As an Agronomy business only,good place to work.Merger then big change.
Sales and Applications (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSFebruary 19, 2019
Started as an Agronomy only business,good upper management at that time,good place to work at,enjoyable. Merger with local co-op and with that came the grain and elevators busines,job description changed to if you want to stay employed with, then unload,load grain trucks,trailers and rail cars and be available 24/7.
Pros
Work/time off scheduling. benefits
Cons
All Management, pay raise if any usually dont keep up with cost of living.
Solid company to work for
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNDecember 19, 2018
The company has a lot of long term employees throughout all of their locations. They have a great retirement package also for their workers. I only left due to wanting a change in my supervisor and not wanting to take a major pay cut to go into a different position within the organization. My original intentions were to retire from the company unfortunately things change.
Good comapany, but not needs realignment
Certified Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WA Walla Walla WaNovember 4, 2018
Good company, see it through the the good and bad times. The sell off of assets in recent months is concerning. After relocating to fill a upcoming management position that was later removed from budget after moving my family, it all went down hill from there. In the west, CHS doesn’t have good supply of energy products, always behind.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Not a career
Sneaky, secretive, back stabbing Management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 18, 2018
Slow paced environment, laid back. the employees are OK to get along and work with. Management is the #1 issue. they're very secretive, they don't follow company policies nor follow safety guidelines unless its convenient for them, they're selfish and are only in it for themselves. they took away safety bonuses, Christmas dinners, etc, no compensations or thank yous. Management is Anti-Union, and if you're Pro-Union ( they probably wont hire you on from temp agency's). Biggest 2 faced management I've ever worked for. so much tension/stress between management and employees. Favoritism is a big factor as well.
Pros
Union, health Benefits, breaks
Good company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Creston, IAJanuary 3, 2019
Safety was the number one priority and was a good company to work for until they closed the plant. Company did a good job with supplying previous workers with the means to find another job thru a subscription with right management. They also paid severance and six months later we were still included in the companies profit sharing.
Excellent company to work for
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAFebruary 11, 2019
Best job I’ve ever had complimented by an awesome boss and team; lots of room for career advancement; company is vested in its community; profit sharing is excellent and the safety incentives are totally cool. Fortune 100 companies are the best!!!
Pros
Lots of experience gained
Cons
Company closed its doors
Crude oil hauler
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSDecember 24, 2018
Very unprofessional management, junk equipment made doing job safely very hard. Many unsafe not road worthy equipment. Morally and ethically corrupt, they will make up lies in there favor. Needs to be investigated from an outside source for unfair business practices.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Terrible management, morally corrupt.
Great working place.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNNovember 8, 2018
This is the company where every individual need to work because it has a great work atmosphere and people are good around. I have worked in a few companies where I know how team members will be so effective in one's success. you get all the support from manager and colleagues. all together happy and peaceful.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
nothing
Great Company for fast paced work
Infrastructure Lead and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 17, 2018
I was a contracted for work with CHS. They were a good fast paced company to work for providing excellent healthcare for patients. I worked with very educated individuals with great teams to work with across the USA.
Pros
fast paced, excellent healthcare system
Collaborative
Grain Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2018
A very large company with a close culture. With such an important impact on the world CHS has, it meant your work was meaningful. There is the corporate culture where some people just want to do there job and go home but many of the managers were passionate about their job, in my experience
not very enjoyable
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2018
if you like to be micro managed and constantly reviewed for a dull job then this is the place to be. they constantly have turn over and lose their best people because they do not care about anything but numbers and the best way to make the most money off paying as little as possible.
Typically disorganized large corporation
Physician Practice Support (division (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNOctober 28, 2018
Directors and managers seem more focused on their little fiefdoms and keeping their generous salaries than they are in doing what is best for the company in any given situation.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Horrible boondocks location, working remotely not allowed
Official response from CHS Inc.
November 5, 2018

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience but CHS Inc. is an agribusiness and energy company. We are not a healthcare organization and you are likely posting a review for another company with the acronym CHS.

Credit and A/R Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNSeptember 1, 2018
There are many employees who have been there for very a long time, many of them in management positions. They resist change. You cannot challenge status quo. You have to be very careful about not fitting the "We have always done it this way" mentality.

They restructure some departments for organizational alignment and posted all jobs externally right away. Not a very trasnparent organization.
Call people ask if they want to take political servey .
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKFebruary 4, 2019
Made outbound calls and asked customers if they wanted to take political servey. Read 30+ questions and put their information in the data base. Slow pased
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no paid time off, not enough pay
Good saftey practices, union
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 15, 2018
Worked there 30years , Started at the bottom as sweeper to Meal loader, truck and rail. Preceded to asst Preparation operator, to Preparation operator 12 yrs. Bid a maintenance job for the last 5 yrs.
Pros
Management listens, healthcare
Horrible staff
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Lynden, WASeptember 17, 2018
The second day working, I was approached by a department head, asked to help get someone fired, when I refused, the person set out to recruit other employees to undermine my department, integrity, and reputation. After she was told the situation, the general manager refused to get involved, then blamed me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 2, 2018
Very poor management, the plant manager would rather throw people under the bus instead of taking blame for anything in the plant, he treats the employees as second class citizens unless you are his family, then you rent even have to show up on time.
Pros
Paid lunches for night shifts
Cons
Production over safety or quality
Employees are not important to senior management. I was let go after 24 years of success in many roles in the company to make room for VP's friends
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MontanaAugust 27, 2018
Employees are not important to CHS senior management. I was let go after 24 years of successful employment in many roles in the company only to make room for division VP's friends which he brough over from another company.
Loved it wish i didnt have to fmove
Agronomy / Elevator Driveway Manager (Former Employee) –  Garretson, SDOctober 23, 2018
Loved working at CHS!!! IT was fun and the people no matter at what location were down to earth. This is one company I would recommend to anybody who wanted to get into the Agriculturail carreer
Pros
fun training
Cons
during certain seasons long hours
Great place, great culture, had no problems
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 30, 2018
My experience was that you had your few managers who were not nice, but I didn't hear a lot of bad ones, only 1.
My supervisor was the best ever, she bought us gifts, she did a lot of us as her employees, just out of kindness.

The culture was very professional, no drama scene like others.
Pros
Everything about company was great
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.