CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

Ess
Eligibility screening representative (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJuly 14, 2018
This is horrible work environment. Management is poor. They do not value their employee
they do not follow insurance guidelines
all in all it is not a good place to work. They are very disorganized and rude.
Pros
Cons
The whole facilitie
Customer service
Customer service analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 28, 2018
Is a good place to work but no advancement we had a lot of team players but I am looking for more challenges the managers were great the supervisor I have nothing bad to say about this company
good job
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 25, 2018
i started working here in february 2017 good working hours good pay very good benefits i am looking for another job because CHS i selling the alexandria la location
Short staffed
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 22, 2018
The hospital is short staffed increasing harm to patients by delaying patient responsiveness. Unappreciated by management and expected to juggle multipule tasks at a time due to limited staff.
Official response from CHS Inc.
June 26, 2018

This is not a CHS Inc. postion - it is the other CHS (Community Health Systems/Services).

Working for CHS
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mazeppa, MNJune 17, 2018
Working at CHS is either fast passed or slow pass. There has never been an in-between. It is a great job for a high school/college student but not for someone trying to provide for a family and pay bills. Hours are pretty flexible.
Pros
Fun people to work with and customers that come in everyday
Cons
management and higher ups didn't do anything when there was a problem
Fun Place to work
Columbus Colony for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 4, 2018
Awesome people to work with. Left because I was working for a full time position. Pay was not that great when I started but after my first year review it got better,
Official response from CHS Inc.
June 26, 2018

This is not a CHS Inc. position - it is the other CHS (Community Health)

Very productive work place
Crop Scout Intern (Former Employee) –  Shipman, ILMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work start off with visiting different scouting areas.
Learned a vast amount about crop management. favorite part of the job was meeting with clients.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
on the road often
Great company to work for
Retail Specialist (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 4, 2018
CHS is a great company to work for, with great people and a bright future. I enjoyed my time there and can't think of one negative thing to say about it.
poor management/low wages
truck driver/mechanic (Former Employee) –  moscow,idApril 23, 2018
very poor management. ran down equipment barely legal. no chain of command(everybody is to "buddy buddy"in the management chain. Promises of raises that dont happen.
fun place to work very fast paced
Grain Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Park, ILApril 12, 2018
CHS is a great place to work advancement in this industry is not easy but well worth it. Managers are very helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone has a job and knows how to be productive.
Pros
more understanding in the grain industry
Cons
short breaks possibly none depending on season
I liked working for illinois river energy....an not chs....
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, IL 61068April 5, 2018
The management team did not relate to the employees if you went to college they liked that if not u were subject to lies and ridicule in front of fellow employees. ...forced to work over your required shift many times....
Fast Efficent
Machine Operator Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 28, 2018
Poor management I was always doing a 4-6 person job myself each and every day and I was getting sick of it so I started look for a new job dumb workers that work there
Pros
paid lunches on overnight shift
Cons
15 minute breaks I always was overworking myself everyday and i am getting sick and tired of it
Opportunities
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 28, 2018
CHS, Inc is a great company with great benefits. Some management is much better than others. Employees are great to work with and educational opportunities are offered.
Benefits
Good
Chs (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKMarch 17, 2018
It's a good place to work over all and I find it really relaxed. Simple to do just read what's on the screen and kinda understand the person on the other side of the phone
the usual gas station job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, NDMarch 15, 2018
I like my CHS gas station job because you meet a lot of people from the area or people traveling through. the only problem is people get upset when they don't get there way in terms of service.
Pros
lots of food
Cons
you have to pay for it
Lots of work to be done every day
Driver, yard attendant (Former Employee) –  Readfield, WIMarch 9, 2018
Good place to work and if you wanted to progress a career in the agriculture field there are plenty of options available for a go getter. The employees are mostly great to work with and I thank them for giving me the chance to prove myself after getting my CDL A.
Pros
Separate departments, good exercise, good employees
Cons
Seasonal work unless you drive truck
Laborer
Laberor/Operator (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNFebruary 22, 2018
work as a deck hand on barges while loading grain to go down the Minnesota river. Load barges, unload trucks, rail cars. Maintenance on plant during winter/
Redefined
Manager (Former Employee) –  remoteFebruary 12, 2018
New management needs to clean up the mess of the former executives that were in place for a few years. This isn't my father and grandfather's coop, but could be in the future. Instead of the country being relevant to CHS, CHS needs to be relevant to the country to grow. Need remote offices and not a central location.
A perfect place to begin a Career.
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  Creston, IAFebruary 5, 2018
Management always helped push people to learn more. They were understanding when situations would happen in or out of the plant. They encouraged everyone to try and climb to a higher position within the company. This was a great job I enjoyed being a part of. The closing of this facility was done with heavy hearts I am sure. I was fortunate to have worked with CHS while the opportunity was available.
Pros
Great management team, good benefits, world class company, and plenty of opportunities to grow.
Cons
No specific cons worth mentioning.
Nice group of people to work with.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 30, 2018
The company has some issues about pay, or long term employment. The people make it worthwhile. Flexible and willing to accomadate during slow times for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

48out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CHS Inc..