CHS Inc.

CHS Inc. Employee Reviews

United States331 reviews

grainfarmerplantsafetybenefittruckequipmentculture

Featured review

CHS Inc. selected this as a representative review
Great company culture with a cool mission. Really feel like you belong and appreciated. Manager looks for your advancement and willing to help wherever possible

Retirement home

You don't do anything, the days take forever to pass, everything is contracted out. It is clean and uniforms and tools are provided for the most part.

CHS Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great co workers at the location i worked at. Other location thought they were in charge of the rest.

Work place culture was at its best when the locations were divided. once CHS merged together everything fell apart. Location i worked at became toxic environment. customer service went away and shows still today. GM would like to pass the buck whenever possible.

Good job

Job is good pay is great but you will run holiday and weekends but they tell you from start no lies you should know what you are getting into while getting the job

Well-run company with good management

The workload is heavy but management is supportive and understanding. It's virtually impossible to advance in the company without a college degree. They also tend to keep a lot of long term contractors

Great job

Chs is a very good place to work so far. The benefits are great and affordable. The pay is decent, not industry leading but good for the work/life balance recieved. Dispatch does there best to accommodate your life and work with you. I get to be home almost every night and off most weekends. Equipment is 16 or newer and has very few issues. Overall, very satisfied with Chs.

Full time and seasonal

CHS is an awesome place to work. You learn something new everyday. I wouldn't be able to work full time just yet but if I were to do a couple more years of seasonal. I would most definitely work full time when I got use to it all..

Slavery and unappreciated

Long hours working for a company where there is a complete disconnect from the corporate Management staff to the field. They do not support their employees. The only good thing about this company is the health benefits. Terrible 401k match.

Fun place

Plenty of down time here. Plenty of busy days a well. Overall a great place to work. Wouldn’t change it for the word. I’m very happy with the work

Good work environment, nice pay and benefits

Work is as expected, however accounting systems are outdated and not as efficient as they could be. I enjoy every other aspect of my job and employer.

Fun workplace

Great place to work. Fair pay. Everyone is a team player. I really enjoy working here. I can't think of anything negative to say. I wish all jobs were this great.

Extremely Political

A conglomerate of companies that creates a hyper political environment. Worried more by who will stab you in the back than your daily work. People just couldn't be trusted

Productive workplace, opportunities to learn and grow

Great place to work. The crew at the Tillamook location were great to work with, like family. Was given the opportunity to take on more responsibilities when I asked and my input was always taken into actionable consideration by management.

Ok place to work, but terrible schedule

The job is ok, pretty easy as long as things are running fine. HR is non existent any questions you may have won’t be answered for days if at all. Unattainable goals that directly affect your yearly cost of living increase.

Pros

Decent amount of time off Pay is fairly competitive

Cons

Terrible management Non existent HR

Fast Paced Environment

There's a lot going on here and the job environment is constantly evolving. I never get bored at work because there is always a lot to do and I love the sense of achievement I get from doing well in my job.

Great Company, So Long As You Don't Get Laid Off

I really enjoyed working there. My manager was kind, easy to talk to and easy going (no micro-managing). I was given very extensive training and felt like I had as good a grasp on the complicated collections process there as I could have. Unfortunately they let many of us go during the pandemic. Otherwise I would probably still be working there.

Pros

Benefits are outstanding

Great Work/Life balance, great benefits, but treated as expendable

Great benefits, solid amount of hours and very good flexibility makes this a solid enough job, but the sense of my work mattering to the higher ups in at the corporate office is poor. Constant wage freezes makes pay less than average especially in this time of being short handed.

Pros

Flexible, great benefits

Cons

poor upper management

Low pay.

Low pay. As in a dime a year raise. They let their best people leave rather than pay a decent wage. Management wants productivity and quality.......

Cons

Good company to work for until

Was a good company to work for until they sold the facility and fired everyone a week before Christmas. The local management tried their best to take care of us after the closure.

It’s a job

I would recommend working here if you have no where else to go.it’s decent if you work a lot of overtime. It’s a easy job it’s just that the management sucks

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

To low of pay for what you have to do

Decent place to work

They need to care about their employees better,its a very fun job but lack of good management makes it bittersweet. The pay doesn't match the work that you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare CHS Inc. with

CHS Inc. reviews by popular job title

• CHS Inc.