CHS Inc.

CHS Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

United States331 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Ok place to work, but terrible schedule

The job is ok, pretty easy as long as things are running fine. HR is non existent any questions you may have won’t be answered for days if at all. Unattainable goals that directly affect your yearly cost of living increase.

Pros

Decent amount of time off Pay is fairly competitive

Cons

Terrible management Non existent HR

Good job

Job is good pay is great but you will run holiday and weekends but they tell you from start no lies you should know what you are getting into while getting the job

CHS Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great job

Chs is a very good place to work so far. The benefits are great and affordable. The pay is decent, not industry leading but good for the work/life balance recieved. Dispatch does there best to accommodate your life and work with you. I get to be home almost every night and off most weekends. Equipment is 16 or newer and has very few issues. Overall, very satisfied with Chs.

Slavery and unappreciated

Long hours working for a company where there is a complete disconnect from the corporate Management staff to the field. They do not support their employees. The only good thing about this company is the health benefits. Terrible 401k match.

Great Company, So Long As You Don't Get Laid Off

I really enjoyed working there. My manager was kind, easy to talk to and easy going (no micro-managing). I was given very extensive training and felt like I had as good a grasp on the complicated collections process there as I could have. Unfortunately they let many of us go during the pandemic. Otherwise I would probably still be working there.

Pros

Benefits are outstanding

Great Work/Life balance, great benefits, but treated as expendable

Great benefits, solid amount of hours and very good flexibility makes this a solid enough job, but the sense of my work mattering to the higher ups in at the corporate office is poor. Constant wage freezes makes pay less than average especially in this time of being short handed.

Pros

Flexible, great benefits

Cons

poor upper management

Low pay.

Low pay. As in a dime a year raise. They let their best people leave rather than pay a decent wage. Management wants productivity and quality.......

It’s a job

I would recommend working here if you have no where else to go.it’s decent if you work a lot of overtime. It’s a easy job it’s just that the management sucks

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

To low of pay for what you have to do

Decent place to work

They need to care about their employees better,its a very fun job but lack of good management makes it bittersweet. The pay doesn't match the work that you do.

The coworker were good to work with

Good benefits good people, not sure about the new owners, while working there I got to know a lot of people from the secretaries to the yard help and all were great to work with.

Good pay, benefits and job security. Toxic work environment.

They pay fairly and your can make a decent living working here, if you can withstand the environment. There is no motavation to excel at your job. If you did have motivation they will slowly but surely drain it from you. It's almost as if they want you not to care. They refuse to punish or reward anyone and use the union as a scapegoat. The union doesn't have to fight write-ups because no one is ever written up. Good workers get used up, bad workers coast.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Takes 8 years to receive 3 weeks of vacation.

Hard work

Good pay for area. Long hours. Also did bin construction/maintenance. Repair on various equipment. You learn alot. Its a good starter job for high school student

Good pay, but the union made me nervous

They treat people really well. They make sure you have all the help that you need to learn your job. They provide you with tools and equipment as needed. The people are very polite and kind there. My only beef was that with the union, I never felt very secure in my job. Lay offs are always a threat there if you're new. When working in the winter, Laurel sometimes sends the snow plows and sand trucks out after you're driving there, so you'll want a vehicle with four wheel drive.

Pros

Good pay, good people, good safety culture.

Cons

Have to wait a year for benefits, low job security for new people.

Something new everyday

Overall it's a job with good benefits, hourly pay could be better. They basically want you available whenever fuel needs to be delivered outside your regular schedule. Which can be difficult if you have a family at home.

Pros

Easy going

Cons

Unexpected long days

Secure and reputable company

I love my job and the company that I get to represent. I feel that for the most part, I get what I need in order to do my job as best as I can. I prefer working for a large company like CHS because it gives me confidence in the products and services that the company provides for its customers.

Pros

Quality products, nice facilities, fair compensation, amazing benefits

Cons

No cons with CHS as a company.

not a good place to work very poor management people there like to stab you in the back. they overwork you then they complain about your work production and the decisions you make. management sits on there buts and go home early while you get worked to death. pay is not good butt you get good health benefits ha hah aha. don't work here period.

Only for people who can't excel anyplace

I'll make four comments, you can decide (CHS Northwest)- Stuck in the 70's, change is hard for these people- Growth strategy seems to elude local management/leadership - For blue collar workers, no employee development. - Failed strategies are repeated expecting different outcomes

Pros

Benefits are competitive, management is incompetent

Cons

Not competitive in pay, advancement, education, equipment, leadership

Good Benefits

CHS has great benefits! Insurance is good and PTO is good. Different departments within the company cause alot of politics and make it hard to trust some leadership personnel. The CEO is good at communicating most things with employees. They do invest into employees and will give pay raises when deserved. Bonuses are variable!

Benefits

Cons

Politics

Decent place to work for.

For the most part a good place to work if you don't mind putting in 60 to 70 hours plus per week in the busy seasons. Pay is great, but benefits have gotten worse for the drivers. Took away pay rate for pto and holidays. Now, get paid as a 40 hr a week employee but yet work 60 to 70 hrs with no overtime pay.

Pros

Pay is just great enough its difficult to leave.

Cons

When your busy, your swamped! When your slow, you are slow!

Productive wirkonace

This is a dead end job. There is no room for advancement. The pay is poor. The trainers do s good job of training us. However management is poor. I don't recommend this company.

Pros

Can work from home

Cons

Low pay, unrealistic exoeptations

Great team

Everyone has different personalities and it is such a great team to work with, Great culture, Dynamic and benefits. Everyone is willing to train and teach you more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare CHS Inc. with

CHS Inc. reviews by popular job title

• CHS Inc.