Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 2,999 reviews matching the search See all 3,196 reviews
Poor Management, Friendly Coworkers.
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2019
Chuck E. Cheese only paid 7.50 for party host. The manager would forget to order cups and forks we would run low a lot. Everyone always called off. Shifts everywhere. Said would give more hours never did. Worked me only 3 hour a day, even though the party’s always loved me and gave me $30+ tips. But my coworkers were friendly, was a good job, just needed more hours and better management.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly workplace
Cons
Low pay, low hours, poor management
fun competitive work place
PARTY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2019
I was 17 and this was my first job experience in a work place it was really competitive and the managers were ok. it is a kids place so it is always busy
I was a cook and cashier
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 14, 2019
It was great first job. I love being around kids. Every job has it pros and cons. It never felt like I was at work. It was nice play games with the kids.
Crazy paced environment
Game Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2019
It was a very fast paced environment that did not give you time to take a breather. You mostly end up doing most things by yourself and don't get much help. The hardest part was the amount of time they gave you to do tasks.
Terrible Management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 13, 2019
A typical work day consists of managers who clearly play favorites with their employees. If you aren't one of the employees they like they will talk about you behind your back and make your work day harder than it needs to be. Their managers also tend to micro-manage which is completely unnecessary.
Pros
free drinks all the time
Cons
hardly any breaks ever, terrible customers, and bad management
Terrible your basically slaving working there
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 12, 2019
Terrible your basically slaving working there, try to find another job before you even think about coming to this, there are some nice managers but overall would not recommend
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Poor Management had favorites those with potential stood in the same starting position & payrate. Poor cleaning mold and mildew in freezer & chuckE costume never washed and it was shared between all employees.
Pros
Cons
Not for everyone
Fun working place
Showroom Host (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 11, 2019
Being able to make someone birthday unforgettable is a great feeling. seeing those big smiles and just wanting to make everything perfect. I enjoyed my stay at Chuck E. Cheese. It was a very great job and I learned a lot through it. Making pizza's, helping kids out with games, playing with them etc.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  8354 eastern aveFebruary 11, 2019
A day at C.E.C is cool and always fun its always excitement their.You learned how to deal with children and how to socialize with others.The managers was cool had no problems out of them.The hardest part I can say was the kitchen.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the children.
Pros
50% off anything you buy
Cons
You can only use your discount when you are working and for yourself
Fun and productive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 10, 2019
i enjoyed working alongside other team members who also were determined to make the workplace a successful and productive environment. this company gave me the appropriate experience i need to strive anywhere.
From management to experience
Party coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2019
Chuckecheese managers will not work around schedule. With me being the only 18 year old I’d be the only person to be cleaning the whole store passed 12. I was told school had to go around my work schedule and the schedules were never a sure thing. It was horrible my old manager was terrible and I wouldn’t want anyone going there. From them finding roaches on the pizza to them using the same dirty rag they would clean the vomit on the floors with right to the guests table. Stay AWAY
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, terrible and weak management.
bad management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 9, 2019
i loved working at chuck e. cheese, but the management wasn’t that great. the supervisor was hardly there. The employees were rude and wasn’t fulfilling there duty to make the customers happy, i felt like i was the only one that gave customers good service!
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad management
Kid friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAFebruary 9, 2019
Kids bring their kids to Chuck E. Cheese to have a good time - I would say that staff provide their excellent knowledge in their area of work and assist customers through any questions or concerns.
Pros
Fast paced environment, Friendly
Cons
Games break down a lot
very fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 9, 2019
I learned customer service, i learned how to be patient and help customers decided what is best for their families, helping children find what toy is most fun to play with. Management was not awful, it wasn't he best at times when things got busy but there was always someone to help when needed. There was never really a hard part about my job, at times stressful but never something i couldn't figure out or couldn't do.
Overwhelming & sometimes hostile work environment.
Senior Assistant Manager/ General manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 8, 2019
They constantly keep you under staffed & way over whelmed. Even when the district manager is in the building, he will just either sit there and eat, be on his computer and simply just watch you drown and be yelled at by guests and not even get up to assist. Very tough atmosphere.
Pros
Can't think of any at this time.
Cons
Understaffed, games always breaking down, horrible leadership by district manager
fun at first
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 8, 2019
Had fun at the start while I went away for training. Most things was a normal run restaurant except all the kids running a round. You do get used to it after a while.
Job duties
Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 8, 2019
I worked in the back of the house making pizzas. I would prep for day shifts if I worked nights. I used scales and cooking utensils and appliances to complete my job. I enjoyed learning food preparation and food prep. The hardest part of my job was deep cleaning and staying late to close.
Pros
Learning to make Pizzas, working with kids
Cons
Late nights
its a difficult job for the pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 7, 2019
its a difficult and demanding job for the pay. Upper management isn't the most personable and don't see to value their employees and managers. Family life is difficult with the hours
Had fun as a party host
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 5, 2019
I loved this job and probably would even go back one day, I learned how to deal with anger customers, how to solve problems with out a manerger and how to speak out louder. The hardest part of this job was working with each other. There is so much that’s has to be done in order for the store to operate it was a lot on your plate and it’s was always something to do. Other than that they were always flexible with schedule if you needed days off.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
Oak lawn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILFebruary 5, 2019
The location I worked at has been shut down. The company itself is completely understaffed. The kitchen takes the biggest hit. Equipment needs to be updated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight