Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 2,660 reviews matching the search See all 2,826 reviews
Party Hostess/Cashier
Waitress/ Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 15, 2018
Chuck E. Cheese is a great first job to have. You learn how to be a cashier, a waitress, a party hostess, and a little bit of security guard as well. It’s fun to make an environment that is friendly, fun, clean, and most importantly safe for kids.
Pros
Discount lunch, customer service experience, tips
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Ambiente de trabajo divertido .
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRAugust 15, 2018
Buena empresa. Buenos compañeros. Opotunidad de aprender para joven es que estan empezando en el mundo laboral. Oportunidad de crecimiento para algunos.
Pros
Buen plan medico.
Great
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAAugust 15, 2018
Great working environment great food great customer service excellent hours all around great environment to work at you need work they will accommodate words you
Pros
Free lunch
So Long Ago
Cook and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 14, 2018
This job was held very long ago. Great job for summer vacation or high school graduates, not so great for adults trying to make family expenses. No benefits.
Great place to work at
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAAugust 13, 2018
Everyone I worked with here was very nice. Super helpful when I started and I passed that along when new employees would come in. Respectful environment and if someone had issues with the game machines,I would help solve it.
Good for a first time job.
Hostess/ Main Closer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
I had a great experience for the first few months till I got promoted as an opening coordinator, other male managers were very sexist towards me and did not agree with the amount as I was getting paid and thought because I am a female, I deserved less. Got my job done organized and everyone enjoyed working with me. It was the other managers in the building who took over and decided it was not a place for me. Cooperate loved me and wanted to relocate me but it was just not enough that it was a slap on the hand for others. Had to move on. Its great for teens first time job if you don't mind screaming children lol
Pros
Free lunches as managers, flexible schedule.
Cons
Short breaks, sexist males, loud music, low pay
Fun workplace at times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 13, 2018
Chuck E. Cheese is a fun work place when you first start off. Customer service and hospitality skills should be a number one when you’re working there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No benefits and No tax return
Focused on being the birthday capital.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 13, 2018
Chuck E Cheese's is focused on being the birthday capital of the world ensuring that every guest leaves happy. There are many patrons that may not visit on their birthday but the focus is on ensuring that every guest leaves happy.
Good customers bad coworkers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 12, 2018
No one is a team member and each coworker have a vendetta against each other and when you ask the managers to try and work it out or fix it they say they will but don’t
Productive and fun work place with tons of games
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
face paced arcade for younger children.
Typically host up to 4 birthday parties in a shift, including tending to other customers.
most enjoyable job a teenager could have.
Pros
discounts
Cons
job advancement
fun and stressful
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work was to make sure you did your position as quickly and effective as possible. I learned a lot about good customer service and hospitality. There was a lot of different management during my few years there, but they were always positive. The workplace culture was very unique. The hardest part of my job was having to learn every position on the floor. The easiest part of the job was making the children happen.
Pros
work environment was very positive
Cons
a lot of different management
It’s a very Essy job just have to have patience.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAAugust 11, 2018
It’s ok to have a LITTLE fun while working. Don’t let your feelings get in the way of you working. You will find some customers being rude when you are showing them respect just remember to always be positive.
Slow and poorly managed, but a fun environment for children.
kid check and party host (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 11, 2018
Chuck E. Cheese didn’t provide me with a respectful scedule. I was sent home on random way before it was my time to leave . The environment is good for kids, but for someone looking to work, it’s not so good.
Every Chuck E Cheese is slightly different, but the store I worked at had a small break room, however, very relaxing place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 10, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Chuck E Cheese. As a first job, it was enjoyable. During the weekdays the morning shifts were slow and tends to be slow unless it was holidays or summer. Every morning I was responsible for checking if all the machines were clean. Then proceed to test all the machine if they are all in working order. After that check all the tables and floor to clean missed spots. Throughout the day we deliver pizza to tables, clean, attend to customers, and fix games. Around evening time frame we go around to quick test the games tclean all the table and return any dirty dishes, vacuum, and wipe down ano make sure all games are still operational. Closing shift we are responsible to d clean the games. There are some difficult customers or some that try to stretch the truth to get more than what they earned. At times it might seem like a lot of work but the people who work there are always willing to help you even if they are not in the same position as you.
Pros
50% to free food on all items on the menu
Wasn't the best experience, in the beginning I enjoyed working there but I wanted to find somewhere more structured to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 9, 2018
At the time we were under bad management , I have been informed that they are under new management now , but I didn't have the desire to return, especially due to finding better employment opportunities
Pros
discounts
Cons
working conditions
It’s a fun place to work at if you enjoy kids and fun!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 9, 2018
Chuck E. Cheese is a good job to start off at if you never had a job before so it can help build your work experience . Also the staff is always full of joy.
Cashier/ Party host (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 9, 2018
You are always doing something. But sometimes you don't have enough time to do everything so it gets over whelming. I love my staff but the work I do and they pay doesn't equal up.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours
Productive and fun workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 9, 2018
Working with Chuck E Cheese ent. You learn to maintain and understand the motto of A kid being a kid and completing daily tasks a fully functioning family restuarant.
Pros
Free drinks discounted lunch
Cons
Anyone is welcome
Productive & Fast pace workplace.
cook (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 9, 2018
Chuck E. Cheese was a fast pace productive job I just wasn't getting the hours I needed.Therefore they would only give me weekends most of the time & that wasn't helping.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
The pay
Great job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 8, 2018
I absolutely loved it there the children the games, I loved being a cashier and greeting people helping people with whatever they needed, Chuck e cheeses is a great job for teens!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight