Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 2,891 reviews matching the search See all 3,074 reviews
I loved working here
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 10, 2018
The environment was very fast paced, but once handled and the employee learns everything necessary, it is really enjoyable to work here. The management is really understanding about school and other jobs. Overall, the job is great to have especially as a first job.
OK job
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 10, 2018
This job was not a bad job. I only left it because I was returning to college. I could see potential advancements had I stayed longer. Management was very respectful.
Fun work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2018
Im a fast leaner ; Been in stocking and zone the products
Socialize with the customers and help them .
Work in Cashier in Wal-Mart and doing customer service .
Pros
Cupons
Cons
No lunch for 18 and older only minors
fun & good coworkers
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 9, 2018
i love my job at chuck e cheese because im not afraid to be myself. the kids are amazing for the most part and the environment is so welcoming. the managers are so fun and my coworkers are some of the best people i know.
Pros
50% discounts on food
Fair starting job
Game-room Attendant (Former Employee) –  2500 S Coulter St Ste. 124December 9, 2018
Generally would perform my machine maintenance tasks while assisting where needed. I learned a lot about trouble shooting on basic machines. It would get fairly stressful during high occupancy hours. During my time there, management was fairly poor and customer satisfaction was low due to the inability to function properly; This may be resolved now. I did however enjoy the high spirited team I worked with.
Pros
Free food, fair first job, learning opportunity
Cons
High stress, management
Its interesting
cashier (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 9, 2018
The job is a unhealthy balance they cant keep their employees happy and no one wants to work for them so they are constantly looking and hiring and they store is completely understaffed so the employees are getting yelled at by the guest when the whole thing could have been totally avoided
Pros
the people who i work with are the best cant complain about them
Cons
They dump to much on one person and expect them to get this done before they have to clock out
Chuck E Cheese - Kitchen
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 8, 2018
Mostly work individually, duties include food management and cleaning. Expected to work in other areas of the restaurant as well.
Costume performances required of all workers.
Cons
Mandatory Costume Performance
very fun place to work at
PARTY HOST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 6, 2018
Chuck E Cheese is a great place to work employees are very friendly and we all did great work, we would have to make sure customers were happy and the workspace was cleaned sufficiently
General Managers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2018
The biggest problem is the general managers. They are too comfortable in their positions, so they are not there most of the time and they talk to and treat you like dirt on the bottom of their shoes. I wouldn't refer anyone to work for this company.
Pros
free meal
Cons
managers
Great starting job for highschool kids
Team 2 Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work for as a first job. I would not make a career out of it, but you have to start somewhere. It is a fast paced hard working environment with low pay which requires low skill. If you want more pay you need higher skills.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Free Pizza
Worst Place Ever
Cashier, Prep Worker, Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 6, 2018
I love working with kids and that was not the problem with the job at all. The management would pick and choose who they wanted on the schedule and would cut hours unexpectedly.
The place is a nightmare and sucks the life out of you.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 5, 2018
You think the kid's are terrible your wrong the adult customers are the worst taking their anger out on low leveled employees instead of management for ridiculous problem's which are not resolved. Also all management are idiots forcing you to work on personal day's and disrespecting all employee's and playing favorites with others. Do not step foot in this place because I suffered working for this place for 4 year's of unfair treatment and large amount's of abuse of power. Save yourself the trouble and don't enter this place or bring you loved ones here.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
I love it
Birthday Party Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 5, 2018
A typical work day at Chuck E. Cheese is a fun and amazing day. I love my job working there, the job culture is amazing. All my Co-workers help make the job fun. Everyone is on the same page and it makes the store fun to work at and help run the store. We all a team.
Pros
Discounts
It was fun with the shots but many people hated us
Birthday Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 5, 2018
Their was so much hate and so much drama and super unorganized it was super stressful b/c food would never come out or we would have to do it I didn’t enojo y that part at all nor not getting breaks or getting to rest my foot for a couple minutes
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Too much drama with everyone even managers
Productive with fun workers
Party Host/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 4, 2018
Work is good. Managers are good for the most part. A typical day for me is not really clear. Someday's i wouldnt know what my job title was. Somedays i was a cashier and other times i was a party host. My co-workers made work very fun.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
hours
Its a nice starter job
CASHIER/HOST (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 4, 2018
while in high school I would recommend as the hrs are great and the pay is decent for students looking for extra cash on the side as well as great managers specifically esigrid she is understanding of most situations and is a great manager.
Pros
relaxed managers and easy go enviroment
Cons
dealing with children and low wages
Excellent place for someone 18 and under to start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
This is a place where they teach you how to be all around for cutsomer service. The management is great and strict but the employee has to understand why and see the better side of it.
hardest part of the job was fixing the games because sometimes I had to guess what was wrong with it and that is time consuming. i enjoyed working with new customers and kids.
I didnt enjoy my time here
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2018
I pretty much just walked around and cleaned dirty messes on tables and fixed ticket jams in the games. The management is awful and I would clock out on Sundays with less than 10 hours for the week.If you have any bills whatsoever I dont recommend but if your just bored and wanna get out of the house this is definitely for you.
It's what you would expect
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHDecember 3, 2018
This was my first job ever, so I wasn't sure what to expect but I wasn't expecting much. I was sixteen when I was hired, and even at this young age with no working experience I could tell that this place was close to falling apart. There was no general manager when I was hired, and it was horrifically understaffed. It wasn't a horrible place to work, by any means, it actually wasn't that bad, and the employees all got along well, but it was very very disorganized.
Pros
Staff worked together
Cons
Understaffed and Underpaid
Overall it’s a fun job, but management could help more
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 3, 2018
I learned to respect myself while working there, the management was good but they could’ve done better with helping the cast members. The hardest part of the job is the weekends when it gets really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun while working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight