Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Found 2,786 reviews matching the search See all 2,966 reviews
Very easy job
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaOctober 14, 2018
Have fun while you work, we are working together one team and we have fun every day during our duty time, chuck e cheese the best place for the kids.
Chuck E. Cheese
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 13, 2018
A typical weekend at Chuck E. Cheese is very fast paced. Sometimes managing one to two parties a wave yourself while there is up to 3-7 parties overall. Even when you are in charge of your one to two parties all those doing parties that wave help one another as best as they can. The most important thing about doing a party is making sure that the party parents are happy, stress free, and well taken care of. It starts off with greeting them when they walk in, explaining how the party is going to run, discuss any add on foods, and at the end going over the bill and asking them if there is anything else you could do to assure that their party was a ten.
Pros
They work with your availability. Discount lunches.
Cons
No benefits.
Could've been better with at least one other knowledable person
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 12, 2018
Alot of issues with employees as most of them are still in high school and no one cares what happens from techs point of view. Its good for learning on the fly as everything falls on you to fi as a technician.
Alright
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 11, 2018
It was alright, they expected you to clean literally everything. A lot of the customers were difficult to deal with, the location I worked at had fights every week. Work here if you don’t mind cleaning and fights.
Pros
11.75$ n hour
Cons
Chuck e costume
All in all it got me by.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNOctober 11, 2018
The people were very judgementful. They looked down aopn you if you were different. The environment was okay if you could push aside the uncomfortable looks that you got. But I had to do it.
Chuck E. Cheese
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 11, 2018
This is a great job that I would recommend to any high schooler. It can get busy on the weekends but during the week it is relatively slow and relaxed.
Productive and fun workplace, Staff is refreshing.
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at Chuck E. Cheese is laid back, Not much Is asked from you other than doing your job. The time goes by relatively fast with how much fun you experience with your co workers.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
short breaks, no benifits, finding someone to cover shift if sick/during emergency.
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 10, 2018
I learned time management. Every employee was very helpful and friendly. Each one of us greeted and welcomed each person that came in. The most enjoyable part of the job was dressing up as one of the mascots and performing for the kids, seeing their reactions was an amazing experience.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Its Chuck E. Cheese
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TX 75605October 10, 2018
The work environment was not that bad, lots of my coworkers and managers were fun and friendly. However, the pay was low and you end up working every position at once for minimum wage. The hours vary depending on season and need.
Poor Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2018
Poor management, unorganized and no communication from bosses and managers. Started as game maintenance and was moved as a greeter and was very boring.
Assistant Tech (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAOctober 9, 2018
Everyday was busy, meeting new people that come and go. The employees were great to get along with as well as the management staff. Always extremely helpful.
Great place to gain experiece
Cashier/Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 8, 2018
Flexible while in school and with taking care of personal buisness

Great staff with decent leadership

Easy to pick up extra hours

Managers have some travel opportunities

Helpful Team
Pros
food discounts
Cons
short breaks slow during the week
Fast-paced, customer-facing, collaborative environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 7, 2018
You are expected to eventually do every job in the restaurant. You may start in the kitchen, but be moved to kid check, cashier, running food to tables. Everyone takes turns being "Chuck E." i.e., putting on the costume and dancing in the shows and for birthday parties. You will hear the same four songs fifty times per shift for several months until they change the playlist. You are always on your feet, so have comfortable tennis shoes.
Pros
Food discount during breaks, supportive management
Cons
Tiny break "room", loud, every shift is busy, especially if there are 3 or more birthday parties scheduled.
It was perfect when I was 17-18
Cashier/Birthday Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Chuck E. Cheese when I was 17-18 years old. I had an amazing manager who provided a fun work environment. The job duties were enjoyable for the most part and I made great friends with co-workers.
Pros
Fun job enviornment, breaks
Cons
Could be stressful at time
Productive but very fast paced
Chuck E Cheese (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2018
Working at Chuck E Cheese is very fast paces and very cut throat almost. You are responsible for children, games, and your own well being. It gets hard to concentrate as well sometimes but you learn to work effectively.
Pros
Long lunch break
Benefits
very stressful
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 5, 2018
building was about 30-40 years old had not been maintained properly when i started. little to no budget so most things left in existing condition most of the time. stayed stressed out most of the time because of people wanting everything fixed but not having any resources to fix all of it.
Pros
lots of freedom because little to no management.
Cons
little training and not much direction on how to succeed.
great
Game Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GA 30214October 4, 2018
great job overall learned a lot f life lessons, deal with customer service really easy job once you go through training and gain experience, no complaints.
Great management, but need more opportunities.
Opening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 4, 2018
This is a great job to start out for experience as well as growing within the company, management is pretty good and willing to work with you on your availability and most changes that need made to schedules. However I feel it benefits you more if you are younger and in high school looking to make a bit of money and learning responsibilities. It is great for the most part, but too many times workers can feel unappreciated and overwhelmed by the work at Chuck E Cheese. I feel this is for myself and others more of a temporary job rather than a career and it does not keep up with the cost of living today.
Pros
Free meal on shift, management works well with availability when needed.
Cons
Sometimes go without breaks and often makes you feel underappreciated
fun interaction with kids and parents, good food. everything is quick paced .
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 4, 2018
interacting with guest include taking orders and sometimes running them. ifs a kid needs help with a game we assist. Cleaning is apart of the job so be prepared.
Very fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2018
I would recommend everyone to work at Chuck E. Cheese it had to be the best job well at least for me it was I love working with kids and having them smile and having so much fun
Pros
Cons
Loud

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight