Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews

Boring stressful place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMay 20, 2018
It stinks the manager doesn’t wash his hands the employees are always high the gm leaves to go home and stays homes doesn’t come back the place is a wreck
Pros
Half off any food
Cons
The food is gross
Fun place to work
Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 19, 2018
It's a fun place to work, but not when management is being unreasonable. They expect way to much out of one person, also not being realistic with their time line for extra work.
Pros
Discounted lunch.
Cons
unreasonable management
Lost its fun
Cashier/Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 19, 2018
Use to love working here, but they continuously cut hours, so that some weeks I got no shifts. I essentially worked the entire front of the house which was occasionally unmanageable if it got bussier than predicted. Managers were nice and did their job well. The work wasn't fun, and the hours not enough. I liked the work before, when there were enough people to do each job and there were more hours.
Cons
No hours
Fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 19, 2018
It’s a great job for your first job and if you a person wit a lot of energy but it can be very overwhelming as well because u do so much at one time , every hour on the 30 u have to dress up as chuck e and the way they rotate the cast members can be very unorganized at times where u will have to drop everything just to do what is required cast members are very polite and sweet but also lazy at times they don’t have enough cooks in the kitchen which is very difficult if u aren’t completely hands on because so many orders come in at one time and u only have like 5 minutes for it to be complete and done
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short breaks unorganized schedules
Ehh, wasn’t for me
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 19, 2018
It was fun but I need new scenery. Took up a lot of days and I didn’t think it was for me exactly. Fun team members and it a great experience, especially being around kids all day.
It was a paced job
Birthday Party Host (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 19, 2018
It was a ok job ,and great pizza and discounts friendly behsvor ,and helpful servers cool so I liked it at first but not so much anymore .I had great friendly hosts to learn from.
Pros
Discount cookies
Cons
Smoke breaks
Not the best place to work
Team Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 17, 2018
Very stressful job due to having to do a bunch of tasks at once that may not even be in your job description, frequently shortstaffed, surprisingly low hours though. Subpar GM wonderful regular managers though.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 17, 2018
I worked as a hostess; handled birthday parties for families and their children, costumer service, delivery the food to their table, and at the end of the night we employee's clean the whole building.
Stressful, and low paying for the amount of work that you do
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 16, 2018
So stressful especially for the younger employees. Rude costumers and management is horrible. The employees there are very rude. not a positive environment to work in, and would not recommend anyone to get a job here unless you are AMAZING at customer service
Pros
50% food
Cons
too much stress
Great productive first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GA 30236May 16, 2018
working at chuck e cheese was my first job and I liked it because of the people I worked around, they were cool. Working there was fast paced and very busy especially on weekends, but other than that it is a coll first job and a great job for teenagers. I would mostly recommend to teenagers and I hope you like kids. Goodluck!
Poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2018
Loved the job. Loved the people. It was a very easy job, but the general manager made it harder than what it actually had to be, she’s all about herself.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work was quite busy especially on weekends. Working those long hours and staying busy until it calmed down a little bit. The hardest part of the job was doing five things at once because you had to always help a customer or a coworker out. the most enjoyable part of the job was how all the coworkers were really close to each other and would always find a way to cheer each other up.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Not taking a break on time
I feel that if you are at least 18 years or older, medical insurance should be offered to you. A raise should start at a minuim of a dollar.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 16, 2018
The prices will be even more high and every guest will complain about it even more. The employees need to be paid at least 10.00 an hour minimum, if the applicant has prior experiences, their pay should be discussed.
Pros
meet new people, and develop a relationship with them, discount on food orders, flexible hours, they will work around your schedule
Cons
can be very crowed, some guest are disrespectful, can be very stressful, some employees call off work shift
Great tips
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 16, 2018
As a hostess you get to experience a different type of environment, as every party has their unique preference of foods and decorations. Customers are really friendly if they are greeted properly.
Kid friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 16, 2018
This was not a great job for me very poor management , not enough hours . Very dirty break room . Not organized as much as i adore kids i did not like this place
Pros
Good food
Cons
Disorganized
Fast Pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 15, 2018
It was alright as a job, but pay was too small. It was a fast pace job, but I only took the job to gain some experience in the working field so I left the job. I hoped it was a jumpstart to other job opportunities.
Terrible experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 15, 2018
I didn't enjoy working at Chuck e cheese. Management was terrible. They didn't give me my breaks on time. The manager was inconsistent, rarely at the store.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 14, 2018
It’s was an ok job. I received cashier experience. They really didn’t give much hours. The job was always extremely busy on the weekend. I enjoyed the job throughout the week.
No summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
Nothing good came out of working here. I worked my butt off and was never rewarded. I asked to be moved up but it was always put off. I don’t feel like this is a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management is not good
Fun place to work to teenagers
Cashier/Dining room attendant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 13, 2018
I worked for this company for 4 years. This my first job, I loved meeting the guest and making children happy. It's cool because you mostly work with kids your age, some adults. but it teaches you how to stay calm in a fast-paced, crowded environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck E. Cheese. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight