Chuck Latham Associates Employee Reviews

Great side job. Not part time and no set hours.
(CLA Merchandising) Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  inland northwest USAJune 18, 2019
It's more of a PRN or per needed basis job. It's assignment based work so there's really no sense in calling it a "part time" job since there's no set guaranteed hours per week. It depends on what part of the country you live in, what stores you work in, what name brands etc. They do pay decent drive time and mileage reimbursement as well as in store hours depending on your experience, plus you get a discount on health care insurance for your pets, discounts on pet products i.e. food or toys, work in petco stores, petsmart stores, farm and farm food supply stores etc. CLA is a great company and we're the top for pet products food etc. merchandising.
Pros
pay
Cons
for now low hours and lack of clients but that is changing all the time as we gian more accounts
Great Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 26, 2019
I have worked for this company since September 2017, this position allowed me to attend school full time, as well as work without having to struggle with fighting a boss over my schedule. I am a single parent so finding a job that fit my needs to be able to go to school and still be a full time parent is exceptional in my opinion. This is definitely a part time job HOWEVER, my boss knew that this was my only scorce of income so when more work became available in my area, she always reached out to me. I have worked for many companies, This company is by far the best one I’ve worked for. They care about their employees, which is rare.
Pros
District manager is easily reached at all times, you make your own schedule, fun
Cons
Ware on vehicle
more than one job
Territory Manager- Northeast (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2019
You are doing more than one job and the communication is very lack there of, information is not sent out or covered, trial by fire, would not recommend
Unorganized chaos
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 26, 2019
Management is unorganized and chaotic. Very rude and always told there are no options. Entirely to much paperwork and company does not want to pay for time spent outside of a sales call. Beware!
Cons
To much wear and tear on your vehicle.
Team Lead
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 8, 2019
resets, pop, demotrations products, cut ins. building displays, visual merchandising, sales retail, rotating products, inventory, backroom organize, phone calls coordination, reporting hours and projects.
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 7, 2019
In an ever changing customer market, CLA was constantly reinventing itself to make sure they stayed relevant to the customer and market. Although there were tough time, CLA did was right and correct to make sure they more than survived, and thrived.
Pros
Constatly re-evaluating the company
Cons
Constantly changing can create choas
Fun and productive employment
Pet Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parker, CONovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. The staff were very friendly and helpful when i had questions. As well as training was helpful and explainable. t
Good company
Pet Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parker, COSeptember 26, 2018
I liked working for Chuck Latham. I created my own schedule. My managers were easy to work for. I worked in Orlando FL so I had complete control of my scheduling. I did not work at the company headquarters so I cannot tell you about working there.
Great company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILAugust 3, 2018
CLA is a very good company to work for. I love it and have been employed since 2009. The company listens and cares about you and your pets. They even promote bringing your pets to work
Pros
team work
Flexible schedule
Vendor representative associate (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJune 4, 2018
Easy work most of the time. Regular visits each month to the same stores. Reasonable compensation for work required plus mileage reimbursement. Reporting is easy after the completion of each assignment
Pros
Flexible scheduling.
Cons
Short hours per month
Assisted Sales Rep
Assistant Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2018
- Flexible work hours
- Fair compensation
- Promotional setups can be challenging
- Perfect part-time job for animal lovers
- Inventory auditing required
Not a Modern Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 8, 2018
I make my own schedule which is super helpful. I only work 25-40 hours a month. I just wish corporate was looking to the future to save money and time. Every rep should have tablets in the store. They make us go into the store with a ton of paperwork and input all the data online at home. It would be easier to input all the data at the store.
Unstable
ddc (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 22, 2018
Reasons of lack of stability would include a low pay, lack of continuing education, low trust level between employees and management and stifling level of bureaucracy.
Good company to work for
Pet Product Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 16, 2018
This is a great part time merchandising job. The assignment instructions are clear to follow and if you ever need help the managers are awesome. Very flexible hours/days which is helpful when pairing with another job.
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Not enough hours for merchandising in my area
Not the industry it once was.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Once upon a time retail merchandising was a great industry to work in with flexible hours and competitive pay. That hasn't been the case for maybe 15 years. There's a perpetual price war between firms and wages have stagnated to the point where the job often pays less than retail jobs where it should command a premium to compensate for unreliable hours.
CLA is one of the better companies where you are an employee instead of an IC. However, there's no full time except for overworked middle managers, and as a result no benefits for most employees. The wages haven't budged in years and compensation as well as hours worked has gone down. In low-cost parts of the country it may be fine, but in high cost areas it's impossible to have this job and make ends meet.
Chuck Latham Associates review
Pet Nutritional Consultant/ Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 29, 2017
Typical work day included setting up and breaking down equpiment/ supplies necessary to compete job day goals/task. I learned many new ideas and information that were taught to the public to help further sales and clientele. The management for this company was excellent. They are always there to help via email or phone. The workplace environment was always pleasant and safe. The hardest part of the job was insufficient events/hours available for work. The most enjoyable part was educating consumers of new products and brands that could potentially benefit their lives,
Pros
Learning new information
Cons
insufficient hours
best merchandising position I have ever held
Merchandising/sales (Current Employee) –  Parker, CO 80134December 29, 2017
Wonderful company to be a part of.....Taught me to be very disciplined with time and building relationships with my store managers. Very enjoyable workplace culture
Great Temporary Projects
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX and New Braunfels, TXDecember 22, 2017
**Temporary projects only**

Lots of autonomy.. Manager available for feedback and to answer questions. No micromanagement. Fun job. If it had been a permanent part time position 'd still be there.
you haave to like animals
Retail Service Representative, Suffolk County, NY (Current Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 11, 2017
primarily servicing Pet store chains, you have to like animals as you will be expected to interact with dogs cats and other small animals.
a relaxed work environment with little or no stress
Pros
you can bring your pet to work
Cons
not enough hours
chill job
Merchandiser Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Parker, COOctober 27, 2017
very laid back. i got to set my own hours, and take as much time as i needed to do my job. kind of alot of traveling, and driving from different stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chuck Latham Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Chuck Latham Associates Reviews by Location