Chuck Latham Associates

Chuck Latham Associates Employee Reviews

I rated the work environment low due to difficulty I had w/a manager at a Petco in Brentwood, she was difficult to work with and showed very low regard for me being there doing my job. Otherwise this job can be very nice for it’s flexibility of making your own schedule and very good training tools and support with monthly jobs for each pet store you covered.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Expectations of time allotted per vender wasn’t always enough
They send me all the equipment and requirements I need to do the job. The manager is always available. You develop relationships with the store employees. Sometimes we do promotions. We give out coupons and usefully gadgets. The customers are actively listening to what you discuss with them. The contact with employees and customers is enjoyable and productive. We talk to people to see how we can help them and alleviate a concern.
Pros
Good working conditions and you feel are contributing to the health and welfare of others
Cons
Professional flexibility for both staff and customers. They work with and reach out to the brand ambassadors. Precise and well managed. On top of every project. Always there to answer questions.
Excellent company! The managers are terrific and have a great deal of knowledge in their areas of expertise. The people are very friendly and motivated to succeed. The company has grown leaps and bounds, has overcome adversity, and continues to innovate.
Have been a representative for CLA for more than three years now and I really enjoy my work. Always a sense of value provided by management. I always feel like I am making valuable contributions to my work.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Good compensation.
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Make your own schedule, changes are made frequently with confusion. Management at stores are rude and hard to get them to work with us. Some managers are quite rude and treat you as you are dumb if you have to ask questions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay/confusion
There are many retail animal supply stores, however Chuck Lathum puts in zero effort to secure Brand Ambassador positions here, even though several here including myself are valuable, experienced in brands and nutrition. The manager and assistant are zero personality, and not at all employee friendly.
I love working for this company. I am anle to make my own schedule . I am paid great and treated fair. The management team is awesome . They work with any employee who is having trouble and assist in ensuring they exceed at all task
This is a good company however it is hard to move up though. It is part time with no full time positions. The schedule is flexible however. The pay is ok. The training is a little confusing because it is not done in person.
This is my second time working for Chuck Latham Associates and overall very happy. The pay is good based on what is required in the job. The training is video based. You do get paid for travel time and mileage. I have a great manager who responds quickly when I need her.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chuck Latham Associates?
Great culture at this company and a fun industry to be in. Lots of driving as a TM but, your office is at home. Great benefits and good people to work with.
On a typical day, I go to certain stores and check that products are stocked, restock product, place coupons on bags and check for out of date bags. Management is always very responsive to any problems I may run across in the field.
Decent company but overall senior leader team was disappointing. They weren’t open to new ideas and certainly not one to value current employees or advancement. They would rather hold “meetings” in Mexico or at fancy golf tournaments than take the time to focus on their employees or worry about their negative net revenue.
Pros
The pets
Cons
No career advancement, poor leadership
A while back I heard someone say when your spirit leaves the job, your body should follow. If you're a pet enthusiast & just love animals, the company's culture can't be beat. I'm just part time & have enjoyed the ride. It's just time to move on to something more challenging & rewarding.
Pros
Management is like your best friend hundreds of miles away.
Cons
I have worked for this company since September 2017, this position allowed me to attend school full time, as well as work without having to struggle with fighting a boss over my schedule. I am a single parent so finding a job that fit my needs to be able to go to school and still be a full time parent is exceptional in my opinion. This is definitely a part time job HOWEVER, my boss knew that this was my only scorce of income so when more work became available in my area, she always reached out to me. I have worked for many companies, This company is by far the best one I’ve worked for. They care about their employees, which is rare.
Pros
District manager is easily reached at all times, you make your own schedule, fun
Cons
Ware on vehicle
You are doing more than one job and the communication is very lack there of, information is not sent out or covered, trial by fire, would not recommend
Management is unorganized and chaotic. Very rude and always told there are no options. Entirely to much paperwork and company does not want to pay for time spent outside of a sales call. Beware!
Cons
To much wear and tear on your vehicle.
resets, pop, demotrations products, cut ins. building displays, visual merchandising, sales retail, rotating products, inventory, backroom organize, phone calls coordination, reporting hours and projects.
In an ever changing customer market, CLA was constantly reinventing itself to make sure they stayed relevant to the customer and market. Although there were tough time, CLA did was right and correct to make sure they more than survived, and thrived.
Pros
Constatly re-evaluating the company
Cons
Constantly changing can create choas
I enjoyed working for this company. The staff were very friendly and helpful when i had questions. As well as training was helpful and explainable. t
I liked working for Chuck Latham. I created my own schedule. My managers were easy to work for. I worked in Orlando FL so I had complete control of my scheduling. I did not work at the company headquarters so I cannot tell you about working there.