Chugach Alaska Corporation Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with youth.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJuly 10, 2018
Overall, my service was to help at risk youth and that is what I concentrated on the most. As student employees were taught Career Success Standards for on the job training, indeed it was a life lesson for me also.
Great place
Intern (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJune 12, 2018
Chugach Alaska Corporation is a great place to work, they provide a rich work culture and their guiding core values are seen throughout management and employees
Great Place to Work
AC/R Technician IV (Former Employee) –  AlaskaMay 22, 2018
I have no complaints with this company. I didn't know what to expect when I got here, but I was treated as a professional and was embraced by everyone I worked with from day one. I actually felt listened to and valued as a tradesman and as a worker.
Pros
Good Work with Lots of Overtime
Cons
Was a Subcontractor
How Did I Get Here
Slave (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 14, 2018
This is the WORST job I've ever had. Can't wait to find something new. Management has no experience in their position and all of them are friends,. You can't manage your friends and this company is proof of that. If you're not one that goes along to get along you won't get far, but really there's no place to go within this company. If you're an employee, get out. If you don't work here, don't apply.
Great place to work for
(Contractor Dept. of Navy)- Help Desk Tier I Tech (Current Employee) –  AlaskaApril 21, 2018
I really enjoy my job and the people the I work with. They have made my life really easy and have made me feel like one of the family. I strongly recommend this company to all who apply.
Great Project at Fort Meade
DOL Contractor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaApril 2, 2018
They are doing great work at Ford Meade, Picatinni arsenal and other projects around the world. The JCP program needs a bit more improvement is staff pay and the other sites need more diversity in cultural and gender areas
Chugach is a great place to work...
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  AlaskaMarch 2, 2018
Management, HR, and coworkers have been great. I've never worked for another government contractor, so I can't compare, but all levels of management have been more than good to me. Benefits are excellent and I am paid fairly.
Not Pro-Veterans!
Current (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 23, 2018
This company refuses to accept military Tricare as an insurance option for their veteran employees who receive a fringe. They force employees to take their very expensive insurance with the mentality that the government is not an insurance provider, therefore Tricare isn't a "real" plan.

Completely unethical in its dealings.
Pros
Poor treatment of employees
productive fun place to work
MISSION SUPPORT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 19, 2018
productive fun place to work fast pace no time for mistakes
you have to be customer service at all hrs its a 24 hr service
there is 4 computers and mestsys systems you have to watch
checking all the time
Pros
great place to work
Cons
nothing bad
Once a great place to work...Now a shell of it's former self
Supervisor / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I worked for various subsidies of Chugach at Ft. Meade MD for over a dozen years. At the beginning the contract was small and felt almost like a family atmosphere. Everyone pulled together from top to bottom to do everything to make the customer happy and get the job done. You always felt the company cared for you not just as an employee but like a member of a family. Wages and benefits were great. From the 401k, generous PTO, company paid medical, life and disability insurance and even quarterly performance bonuses. Christmas parties, summer picnics and even periodic lunches/BBQ's were thrown for everyone. Small things that made a good job a great job. As the contracts changed and the subsidiaries changed so did the management of those contracts. Unfortunately that's where all the problems begin and have only compounded since. The management over the last few contracts has been in constant flux and is terrible. They tend to promote a lot of people who have little to no experience and rarely promote the right people. They have created a bad work culture. The benefits have been slowly degraded contract after contract. The medical plans cover a lot less than they used too. The PTO has been cut down. They no longer pay any type of performance bonuses. No more holiday or summer parties. They don't even take their employees out for a holiday lunch anymore. When I exited out of the company the HR representative asked me why an employee that had worked there for so long was leaving. I told him that not only did I have a good opportunity somewhere else but it just felt like the company  more... did not care about its operations employees anymore. I suggested that they find a way to reverse that feeling. The response I received was: "we have a lot more people waiting to get in here." That kind of says it all.  less
Pros
Great customer to work for. Salary is still good. Flexible work schedules for some.
Cons
Terrible management. Downward trend on benefits. Unorganized.
Very productive
Logistician Specialist (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJanuary 30, 2018
Heavy work loads
Learned very little
Management was poor
Workplace wasn't the best
Going because you never knew what heavy work you was getting that day
Going home
Not organized and lack of Leadership Skills
Miscellaneous (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJanuary 18, 2018
Nothing is ever clearly explained. No room for advancement. All of Management needs some serious leadership training ASAP. Be taught how to be a leader not a manager. Employees are not treat like adults more so like children and talked down upon.
Pros
Depends on contract
Cons
Benfits cost too much. Lack of leadership skills
The management team was not professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJanuary 13, 2018
There was a real lack of communication, standard procedures, training, etc. There was no real accountability within the teams and there was a real lack of on boarding, professional equipment and training.
HVAC Mechanic /service/ controls technisions (Former Employee) –  AlaskaDecember 14, 2017
Always on the go dnt get hassled by anyone work at your pace. Good team work
Never pushed around always have over time if you want it and never get denied vacation
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Nice place to work friendly and supportive
Electrical / Instrument Tech (Former Employee) –  AlaskaAugust 25, 2017
I encourage anyone looking for work to contact Chugach, they have been a good influence in the work place. Management and HR work like clockwork and never miss a beat. Solid Employer...
Pros
Established Company with Security
Cons
Salary is a little lower but trade off's help compensate...
I've wokered here for 6yrs.
General Maintenance Technician I / Plumber (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 7, 2017
Coworkers are well skilled, learned lots of old & new technique in construction & facility maintenance. Supervisors and management are all professionally trained.
Pros
Free uniforms, tools, and services
Cons
short contracts
Enjoyed working for this company
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 3, 2017
I started out as a janitor than a year later I became a janitorial lead I had a team of 5 janitors I was responsible for I had to make sure their building's were clean and make sure they had products to do their job.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Lost contract had to work for lms
great place to work but a little isolated
Power Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kwajalein aTOLLJuly 24, 2017
great place to work and play but no family or housing. The contracts are 12 month long with option to renew on a 45 day notice requirement for contract complete. Deep Seas fishing and SCUBA diving a major plus but You have to enjoy everything by your self . No family allowed on Island
Pros
free housing, food
Cons
Isolation from family
Poor Management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAMarch 7, 2017
Decent pay and benefits were all that were keeping me at this establishment. Management is lacking horribly. Safety department still hasn't submitted a set safety plan (and has been on site for over 2 years since taking over the contract).
Pros
Pay and benefits
Micromanagement and arrogant
Logistics (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 20, 2017
Worked for this company for several years as Chugach which became Wolf Creek. Was a great company and really enjoyed coming to work until about a year and a half ago. They switched their management structure to micromanagement and placed managers with little to no experience in warehousing and employee relations and could care less..... Benefits are good but the workplace atmosphere is absolutely undesirable. Employees don't have a voice and if you go against their agenda you are automatically labeled as someone who does not want to do the job and given a excessive work load compared to others/favorites.
Pros
Benefits and time off, if in the union.
Cons
Management/supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chugach Alaska Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Chugach Alaska Corporation Reviews by Location