Church's Chicken Employee Reviews

Found 1,796 reviews matching the search See all 1,885 reviews
My work place was fun but when it got down to business we worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day at work when we would get pretty busy on Wednesday because a 8pc special.i learned a lot from the manager like paperwork how to do count.As far as management it could be better then what it is.i really enjoyed working at church chicken Bec I got to get to know my customers really good and got to enjoy my co workers they were good people to work around
Pros
Manager got free lunch but employees payed 50% off
Cons
Breaks yes healthy care no
Great opportunity
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 29, 2018
Cooks prepare chicken recipes and ensure proper food production. Specific responsibilities include pulling chicken from the coolers, breading chicken, and dropping and removing chicken from fryers. Church’s requires cooks to maintain clean and sanitary work environments at all times. Additionally, cooks must follow all health and safety guidelines set forth by the company. Base pay for cooks starts at minimum wage. Pay generally increases as associates grow with the company
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Double shifting
good environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 17, 2019
Overall it was a good place to work. Everyone worked together as a team in order to provide superior customer service. I would suggest this company to anyone looking for employment in this field.

I typically made sure on daily shifts that the crew members were following procedures to keep themselves and food safe.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the CUSTOMERS.
Pros
discounted meals, flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Productive and mandatory high standards of customer service
Crew Member, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 23, 2018
Working for Church's Chicken helped me grow as a future employee to other possible companies. Working for this company consisted of having good communication skills with costumers and maintaining the store presentable to the public. Not only did It allow me to work on my social skills it also allowed me to work on patience with customers that were not always friendly.
Pros
free lunch
It was my first job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 23, 2018
Fast food is my least occupational I have ever had. It’s filthy come the end of the end of the night but my manager was wonderful. I am not good with customers,especially when I’m spoken to as less than a person. I’d have to be starving or extremely desperate to work in fast food again. I enjoyed my coworkers. The store was always clean but the hardest part was closing and cleaning up.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Short breaks
I really enjoy working at churchs chicken and love my co workers even more!
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  East RosedaleNovember 30, 2018
I will always continue to work at churchs chicken! I have learned more about customer service and I'm happy to work there with good people! Most of our customers are nice but there's always the ones that aren't its all good though!
Pros
Working at Churchs Chicken is a positive work experience.
Cons
When we are real busy we sometimes have rude customers that don't like to wait.
fun but fast paced work enviroment
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 11, 2018
A typical day of work at my location required 1 cook and 1 cashier who operated both front-end and drive thru. This job did not pay me enough and worked me day in and day out. The hours were good because I was the only one willing to work under these circumstances. They closed my location with no warning and failed relocate the only 2 African American workers but relocated all family members to other stores.
Not a great place to work got blamed for everything and was left with all problems to fix when i only worked there for three months
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 29, 2018
At churches i loved the employees but with management you had to watch your back. You get free meals and drinks. Other than that i do not recommend it to anyone well atleast the Scottsdale location.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Terrible management
I was 15 years old when I got the job at Church's Chicken on High Street in Oakland
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 11, 2018
I love meeting new people and working at the cash register helping people who place their orders it was a fun job for 15 year old I work there and I also went to school after school I went to work after thatwhat home did homework and got up got ready for the next day of school and work I love working at Church's Chicken at the age of 15.
Productive/Fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2018
I think it all depends on who is in charge that makes the establishment a great place to work and makes it a very productive work environment. The boss was very unprofessional didn’t help with any tasks just kept getting frustrated and started to yell instead of helping to make things easier.
Pros
A lot of shift leaders really gave good advice or help
Cons
No breaks, boss was very unprofessional, and was of no help as far as helping me get the hang of these when I first started
I would love to go back to churches it's a easy job
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2019
I love working at Church's I was there on time always getting my job done doing more than anyone was doing and working my way up to become a manager but I had a family emergency so I didn't stay I stayed there for 8 years and if I could and they call me I will go back because it was a good job
productive and fun when working with reliable and properly trained crew
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Window Rock, AZSeptember 6, 2018
most days everything was smooth, as long as no call ins happened. once there quick discussion with crew members about our tasks and goals for the shift. following procedure helps maintain fast paced and easy going atmosphere. count down drawers at shift change check sanitation standards make sure next shift was set up for success and all team members had set assignments and set areas. the best part of working with this company was people I met as customers as well as team members. If you build a reliable and proper crew work is generally easy and fun.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health, dental, wages lower than competitors
Fast paced environment.
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 5, 2018
Its a fast paced environment and its a lot of moving. I had to do a majority of the work because I had crew members that were not up to pace with the job. I learned how to do everything in less than a month and I am able to do everything at the job now. The management is laid back and not to strict. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the customers. If one person was not fast enough, I would be the one getting asked to help out. I think I enjoyed meeting new people and learning all about the way a fast food joint is run.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short break, rude customers.
Work place fun when fully staffed and team work is applied
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Typical day- Works you under staffed.
What i learned-Important health facts.
Management-Good mangers with good help.
Workplace culture-Clean enviroment.
Hardest part of job- Learning to run drive thru at a fastly manner.
Enjoyable part of job- Working fully staff with team work.
Pros
FREE meals
Cons
Clock you out for lunch break and not given one.
A good investment
Shift Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 4, 2018
Well have had some good days and bad days and days where I was put in certain situations that I still till this day can't explain it's like when working with a team of ppl you never know what to expect it's like having one big family that you've always wanted but overall I think the Esperance I got from the job and the people who worked there maid me be the person IAM today..
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
No break just breathe takers.
Manager was not trained
Cook (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 28, 2018
The manager was only trained for 2 or 3 days and didn't do anything he was supposed to do, the majority of people that worked there were on the phone most of the time and didn't listen to management
Pros
For the most part it was a good place to work, people didn't really rush you
Cons
Management was not trained properly, and half of the cashier's were to slow, and didn't call back orders
churches chicken
Cook (Former Employee) –  Business Loop 70November 12, 2018
A typical day at churches was very fast pase. I learned how to work in a stressful environment. Management did the best they could.The culture was diverse, the hardest part of the job was working with several different people. themost enjoyable part of the job was working with many people.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Great first or high school job
Casher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 11, 2019
A great first or high school job to build character in the times of a maturing adolescence. Really taught me a different perspective on working. Great manager, helpful workplace culture, and very busy if a chicken special is popular.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
short breaks
Very busy demanding
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 18, 2018
It would be an OK place to work with the management what’s up to par. It’s literally like a high school. Drama drama drama. Not with myself but with tons of others. I come to work to work that watch employees bicker with each other.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
They offer you absolutely nothing
Very mad people up there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 29, 2018
It was a ok place to work i guess just i had a very rude manger and my people i worked round they never had anyyhing in order very nasty place to eat seen a worker drop chicken on floor and put it back in bowl they had alot of water on floor didnt use bleach to clean restroom it was a very nasty place
Pros
I was the pro
Cons
30 mintue breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Church's Chicken. Our community is ready to answer.