Church Pension Group Employee Reviews

Excellent Christian establishment.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Church was excellent. RAW agents and MI6 agents were present. MI6 was management. Local agency allowed non new yorkers to move there. Somewhere in the middle of the approval process, they weren't entirely sure what we were doing with the timeline and requirements.
Pros
Excellent women. Very cute FSB woman whom opened the door for me.
Positive and mission oriented
Conference leader and financial faculty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2019
The Church Pension Group is an excellent example of a mission-focused organization. Working in a culture of service to its beneficiaries is to be commended.
Pros
Cons
Midtown Manhattan
A great place to work
Facilities Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
CPG had such a collaborative and nurturing work environment. Every employee, regardless of job title, was welcoming and friendly during my time there. Managers truly cared about their employees. There's an annual ice cream sundae making event as a sign of employee appreciation. Work anniversaries are announced monthly, and big ones (5, 10, 15+ years) are rewarded with other tokens of appreciation. If you want to create a work family, this is a great place to do it.
Pleasant place to work
Managed Care Coord/Director Cust Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
Nice people to work with. Good location in midtown NY. Supervisors were always open and approachable. Treated staff well. Had adequate health benefits.
Pros
Steady pace of work
Cons
Little room for advancement
great stewards with the insureds
Assistant Electronic Records Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
The company have a genuine standpoint with all the products within the company. In addition, they give back to community and have alot of empathy for life as a whole.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Cons
bonus, yearly increase
Friendly people, dismal job.
Records Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
Despite their best efforts there is only so much you can do to dress up this job. Great people however! Great location. In fairness, this was a temp job.
Pros
Nice people. Good temp job.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 13, 2018
The most enjoyable about the work place was working with children for most of the day. The hardest part of the job was crying babies. I have learned how to entertain one child while caring for another.
Pros
Flexible hours
great company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
I learned a lot working at this company. They have a good working environment that tries to engage their employees in all aspects of life. My typical workday was very varied which I enjoyed. I learned how to be a business resumption coordinator, statutory compliance analyst and a 1099 tax form specialist among all the other aspects of my job.
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Work with a good group of individuals who collaborated and assisted each other to achieve the organization objectives. Enjoyed working with the group.
Nice atmosphere
User support, Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
Great employees. Nice atmosphere. Located near the Empire State Building and close to 33th street which is pretty convenient. I have nothing negative to say about them.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2018
Typical day supervised and directed customer service team which provided full service to over 20,000 plan participants and beneficiaries participating in 401(a) and 403(b) defined contribution and defined benefit plans provided to clergy and lay employees of the Episcopal Church of the United States. Learned all about the Episcopal church. Enjoyed spearheading communication efforts with the marketing and communication business units to update pension plan brochures and marketing materials.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful quality of life living in NYC
Excellent company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 5, 2018
Some of the best designed office space I have ever seen. It is located in Midtown Manhattan, right near the Empire State Building. There was a diverse team of people from countries including the US & UK.
I loved working at CPG
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I worked at CPG for 16 years. I loved working there very much! My job function changed many times although they never changed my title as that wasn't important to me. It was more important that I continuously learn something new (I also was rewarded with a raise with the new job function). I would highly recommend working at this company.
Pros
easy going working place
Cons
can't remember any - too long ago
Questionable IT Management
Senior Business Process Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
The IT Director of Business Application Delivery, in my opinion, is a sexist and reverse racist. It becomes obvious by who they hire and who they let go. The Business Department personnel are cordial, nice and easy to work with. It is a pension company that is supposedly in business for tend to it's clients but it is clearly run by their IT department AND NOT their business operations.
great company, people nice, low salary
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
none, no comments, great company with good benefits, most people stay in this company because of the good benefits it offers, not much room for growth.
productive and fun
Client Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
work load is slow as well as pace work. friendly people but they only hire temporary employees, no benefits at all. office environment is nice and clean.
workplace culture
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Workplace Culture is very stable and everyone is friendly and willing to help each other. The work environment is wonderful and it's a good place to learn and work for.
Pros
Good training experience
Cons
Very professional and pleasant environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2014
Worked with Billing & Collections and Finance departments – assisted in cash application, collection of overdue receivables, validation of payments to Product Partners, and transactional reconciliation between various systems. Worked on Siebel/Oracle AR Phase II Implementation project – was in charge of executing end-to-end testing scripts for the following functional components
Have worked here for many years and am a happy employee
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
I have been with Church Pension Group for many years, almost 10! I started as an intern and never left. I would highly recommend that candidates consider this company. One of best benefit packets I've ever seen offered and all of the coworkers are a pleasure to work with.
Faith based
Administrative Assistant - Faculty and Conferences (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 29, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time working with this company. I was able to be exposed to some areas in the conference world as well as in the Episcopalian world that I may not have otherwise been exposed to.
Pros
Faith based
Cons
My direct report needed more management training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Church Pension Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Church Pension Group Reviews by Location