Churchill Mortgage

Churchill Mortgage Employee Reviews

United States74 reviews

Personal and Career Growth and Mentors to Look Up To

Featured review

Churchill Mortgage selected this as a representative review
Churchill Mortgage has been instrumental to my career and personal development through the years and has allowed me to pursue and achieve my career goals and continue setting higher career goals to strive for. Through the years I have found mentors within Churchill Mortgage that I have been able to look up to, emulate and learn from throughout my time at the company.

Inclusive culture dedicated towards growth

Fast paced, technical environment.Having experience in the mortgage industry is key here. Churchill cares for it's employees as much as clients, as you need both for success.

Churchill Mortgage insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Lots of interaction w/ teammates & management. Stability is currently not there. No consistency between loan work & loan officers.

Health insurance with churchill is horribly expensive. Different divisions are ran differently which can be a good thing or bad thing. Vacation maxes out at three weeks. Division I was in does not do pay raises.

Pros

Team atmosphere.

Cons

Healthcare, consistency, too many hands in one pot making things harder on a processor. No pay raises

Great company culture and benefits.

Overall Churchhill mortgage is a great company to work for. It can be difficult working with the overseas division but overall a great place to work.

Pros

Great company overall

Cons

Too many clicks in management.

Good, Family friendly company

Churchill Mortgage was a good company to work for. They really care about their clients and they try to promote a good working environment. The team I worked with were wonderful. I’d recommend this Company to anyone.

Pros

Family Friendly

Cons

Healthcare isn’t very good. High stress jobs.

The Processors Are Superior

The Team of Processors are really exceptional and I was lucky enough to work with Loan Officers that actually deeply cared about their borrowers above their commission. The Team I worked with there are rare and exceptional in every way. That being said I was in mid management and usually you have a direct line to upper leadership... here that isn't the case. Executive Management is uncommunicative and secretive and in some cases out right lies to everyone. A clear mission everyone can get behind is not provided. They got rid of the 2 best managers they had (Ops Manager and Processing Manager) because they both pushed back. Both left the company because they couldn't live the lie any more.

Pros

Daily in the trenches TCs, LOs, Sales Manager, Processors are really wonderful

Cons

Executive Management, People over Profit is a just a tag line to Executive Management, The Christian rhetoric is just that rhetoric

Great culture. Great leadership. Always seeking to do the right thing.

I really enjoyed my time at Churchill. I only left as sales was not a great fit for me long term. I appreciated that the company works according to its core values and is always looking to grow and improve and provide the most value it can to its employees and customers.

Pros

Flexible schedule, great environment

Cons

Expensive health care costs

Great place to work as long as you are with Churchill not infosys

I enjoyed working here. It was the first mortgage job that I’ve ever worked that did not stress me out. I highly suggest staying on the Churchill side rather than moving over to Infosys once you are on. Infosys has cheaper health insurance but ZERO job security within the company. I was randomly laid off for no reason given about 9 months after some of us converted to Infosys. When laid off I was offered a job with Infosys that paid about 1/3 the amount I was making at Churchill. Again….. CHURCHILL is a great company but DO NOT let them push you over to Infosys once you get on.

Pros

Gifts, great bonuses, great leadership

Cons

The project with Infosys and moving employees over. A HUGE NO GO.

Overall Churchill is a good company

The only problem that I had is that when we had any IT problems- or issues(we worked remote) and my computer was down, It was difficult to get any help, because they out-sourced to a company called Infosys and it was virtually impossible to a hold of anyone. Also the training aspect of a new position, was kind of being thrown into and being irreverent and not conclusive to the position.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

No help on the training or IT side

Poor Management

Not professional.Pay is not great Very not culture makes a different in the closer.Management not friendlySpeak negative behind your back.No training to understand

Its a okay place for a rookie trying to getting hands on experience

Its a okay place for a rookie trying to getting hands on experience. A lot of OT with some prorated bonus for work done. Need management improvement.

Pros

Good ground for training

Cons

Bad management

Great Culture!

I really enjoy being at Churchill. Everyone is friendly and it feels like just a big family working together. Our leaders are great with communicating the status of the company as a whole. There are a lot of employee events to get to know each other and grow as a team.

Good Place to Work; Solid Reputation; Cares for Individuals

I've worked for Churchill less than a year, however, it has changed the way I do business in the mortgage industry through ongoing support from corporate, providing me incoming leads and stabilizing my income in a up and down mortgage industry. I have felt more comfortable about my career working here than I have in a long-time.

A Company to call home

I have been in mortgage for 19 years, I have been through a few employers, and heard about countless others over the years. Coming to Churchill took a huge leap of faith, and a leap out of my comfort zone. However the more I learned about this company, the more I was excited, and the more I wanted to know. In 19 years in the same line of work, I was excited. I have been here a month, and waited patiently for the companies "True colors" the employees "real personalities" but nothing has changed. I still feel as welcome as I did on day 1. I still feel as supported as I did on day 1. I am learning more about this company everyday, and I know I made the right decision. This company is somewhere I know I want to be, a home, a place for me to grow, learn, explore, and be supported by a wonderful group of people. Somewhere I can stay, somewhere I can eventually in another 20 years retire from. The next 20 years no longer feel like a life sentence, as much as they feel like a welcomed journey.

Fantastic Workplace

This is a fantastic company that values its employees and takes care of the customer in an ethical manner. It is built on the right foundational values and it should be an example to other entrepreneurs.

Churchill is an excellent company to work for.

Churchill is an excellent company to work for. There is a tremendous amount of support and leadership here. From the very top of the company all the way down to our local branch. I would not want to work anywhere else.

Happy, hardworking people helping folks achieve the American Dream of home ownership.

Churchill Mortgage is an amazing place to work. The culture is supportive, optimistic and goal-oriented. You won't ever hear "That's not my job". Everyone pitches in and everyone enjoys the payoff. If you have a negative attitude, this isn't the place for you.

Great JOB with Great People

I love working with people and in this job you get to work with people everyday. My boss is awesome and genuinely cares about ALL of her employees. I think the hardest part of this job is learning all the rules and where to put information in the system. There is a lot of parts to this system. The best part of the job is working with such great people including most of the customers. I love to see a customer get their dream home and we help do that for them.

#1 Employer and work environment!

Churchill Mortgage is a wonderful company to work for. They are SO involved with each employee and we are treated like family. I have learned so much about how to be kind and caring from Churchill Mortgage and they have provided every opportunity for me to achieve my professional and personal goals. I cannot imagine working anywhere else and I hope to complete my professional career at Churchill Mortgage!

Summary

The company as a whole is a good place to work but I feel location makes a difference. Corporate keeps you well informed and has great values. Daily encouraging emails are great each morning!!

Opinion

Overall Churchill Mortgage Corporation is a good company to work at. I have nothing more to add then the sentence above. But you are asking me for more in order to submit this survey.

Common questions about Churchill Mortgage

Answered by current and former employees at Churchill Mortgage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Churchill Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Churchill Mortgage with

Churchill Mortgage reviews by popular job title

• Churchill Mortgage
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?