CHUTES International Employee Reviews

Current Employee
Shipping & Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 26, 2019
Not much room for advancement. Pay is ok but not something you can live off of if you are single; unless you have roommates. Other then that good atmosphere.
Overall a great place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 5, 2017
I was Welder here at Chutes.Work hours were from 630a-3p sometimes 4a-3p. but I must say I've never been with a company that cared about its employee's so much. I really like that they try their best to keep everyone happy and safe. They are family oriented and we do a lot of activities on the job. Other than that its a cool place to work. As a welder. you'll get your fair share of work sometimes more than you can chew.
Pros
caring, benefits, good vibes
Cons
pay, sometimes work load
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 23, 2017
I am a current employee and LOVE this place. I will not be updating my resume because I never plan to leave here. Management is more understanding than anywhere I have ever worked and they know how to keep a work/life balance. The owner is one of the nicest people I know. He has actually patted me on the back and told me "good job" more times than I can count. He really cares about his employees sometimes more than they deserve.
Pros
Lots of morale boosters
Productive company that cares about its employees
Helper (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 29, 2017
The Chutes company has much to offer. They take care of their employees and I, myself, have always had a minimum of 40 hours per week. The employees all feel like extended family.
Tread carefully.
Install Helper (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 3, 2017
Watch out if your signing up for the internal crew, "safety is for lazy people" is how one foreman trains his people. If you have family i could see it being very difficult, last minute planning for the next day most days, at least 50% of the time you will be waiting on your superior if your getting an early start, while I believe in leading by example. Very conservative company. Good health insurance though.
Pros
Paid Riding time
Loved it
Technician (Former Employee) –  MDJune 20, 2016
The only reason I left Chutes was because I moved out of state. If we were still in Maryland I would still be with them. I was working an immense amount of hours, but the pay was worth it and I was always given my overtime.
Consistent Hard Work
DURA Chute assembly technician/Shipping assistant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, MDJanuary 9, 2014
It's a decent place to work at if you don't mind constant hard physical labor. There is always work to be done, and its not very complicated. I've learned the how to operate CNC machinery, drive a forklift, and basic manufacturing procedures here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lazy Managers/Supervisors
Family Oriented
Team Member (Current Employee) –  White Plains, MDSeptember 24, 2013
Even though the management isn't very organized, they are always willing to work with any family needs.