CHUTES International Employee Review

View all CHUTES International reviews

lots of overtime due to mistakes in blueprints and machines going down.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 3, 2018
Things come off the punch wrong, drawings come out incorrect and must be tampered with, managers push you to get jobs out of the door even if the parts arent working correctly just to get it out on time. most of the jobs go out late, even though a lot of the welders and punch guys come in at 4am and stay late. the punch machine goes down a lot, the dyes for the machines are bent, cracked, and old which is a cause of the material coming out incorrect. the managers encourage the welders to "just make it work" which often times leads to issues further in the process. however, i got great expierence working there and LOVED my co-workers. the management couldve been better and they need better machinery to avoid the very common issues on the shop floor.
Pros
lots of work to be done, great environment, a lot of overtime
Cons
bad pay, poor leadership

Other CHUTES International Employee Reviews

Current Employee
Shipping & Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 26, 2019
Not much room for advancement. Pay is ok but not something you can live off of if you are single; unless you have roommates. Other then that good atmosphere.
Overall a great place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 5, 2017
I was Welder here at Chutes.Work hours were from 630a-3p sometimes 4a-3p. but I must say I've never been with a company that cared about its employee's so much. I really like that they try their best to keep everyone happy and safe. They are family oriented and we do a lot of activities on the job. Other than that its a cool place to work. As a welder. you'll get your fair share of work sometimes more than you can chew.
Pros
caring, benefits, good vibes
Cons
pay, sometimes work load