Chuze Fitness Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Love the members, don't love the manager
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2019
I really loved the job itself; I never minded the cleaning and I thouroughly enjoyed the people who would come in to work out. What I didn't love was my management, leaving the job months ago was a great decision based on the fact that I never felt as though I could really move up within the company. Not only that, but I always felt highly underappreciated for the work that I did, that we all did. Management was not communicative and did not help individuals reach their full potential. Sad actually.
Pros
free membership
Cons
most everything else
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2019
Every location is going to be different! Some are a franchise and some aren’t. The one star review below mine is completely opposite to what I experience at work. I have the best managers who always ask me how I’m doing. Everyone on the team does their part and gets along good. It’s such a fun and happy work environment that you don’t ever leave work stressed. You can move up in the company extremely fast as it is growing rapidly. They really do care about you and your well being. Of course every job has some difficult aspects to it, but it wouldn’t be ‘work’ if it didn’t. I never fear of getting yelled at or looked down upon, everyone treats you as their equal including the GMs and District Managers. But like I said, every location will be different so I suggest asking your hiring manager questions as well!
Pros
Free Gym Membership, positive work environment
Cons
The pay could be better
Feel appreciated but not compensated
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
I enjoy working at Chuze fitness, although, I have often felt like a glorified janitor. I love the member relations that I have built. The company allows for advancement and genuinely wants their employees to succeed.
Pros
Complimentary gym membership, mostly awesome members, room for advancement, strong coworker relationships...
Cons
Lots of cleaning, minimum pay, the occasional frustrations with disrespectful members, all member services all dealt with on the club level (past due accounts, new members, etc).
High Energy and Fast Pace
Supervisor and Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2017
Culture is always great. High importance on customer service. Very productive but the pay is minimal compared to the amount of work that is expected. Great for students.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Underpaid for the amount of work
Friendly Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2016
It wasnt about what you knew but who you knew and that did not give much room for growth within the company. Overall I had a good experience working there
Different days
Exceptional customer service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2016
Did a lot of different stuff so interacting with lots of new people. It was a different day with new things to deal with very interesting.
Great work environment
Front Desk/Event Planner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2013
We have a great team to work with
I learned to hone my customer service skills
My co-workers were great workers
Hardest part of the job was dealing with member billing issues
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people better themselves