Chuze Fitness Employee Reviews in Tucson, AZ

Not A Place For Normal People
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2019
This place has way to much drama to it. Too many people whining and complaining about their job. There is a lot more than what meets the eye when first hired on, so do not get sucked into the drama. This is also a gym, and there is a lot of flirting and weirdness that occurs. If you're into a Jersey Shore type of life style, then this is the job for you. If you're a regular person who actually wants a nice casual job for part time or whatever, go elsewhere. Every single shift has new drama and a lot of people talking badly about one another. Including management.
Pros
The work is easy
Cons
Cleaning is pointless here, management is young and has zero clue what is going on, and they do not care about your schedule
Good SHORT TERM Job, Possibly better in larger districts.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2019
This job is good in the short term, but there are many sketchy things that happen as you try to advance. Some of the things in this district that were major red flags:

Many of the managers are married, all the way up through the company. If you feel uncomfortable or have issues with management, who do you approach? HR does not help anyone but management, and will just redirect any issues back to management. That effectively makes it a highly volatile environment for getting advice/voicing complaints.

I saw sexual misconduct complaints buried.

They constantly will try to sell you on the job to qualm discontent. Mandatory meetings and team outings where they will try to sell you on their "family friendly culture" and try to gaslight any issues within that location back onto the employees (there are one of two patterns that follows all locations... this message being repeated to existing employees once employees begin to settle into a location, or high turnover. Once again, none of the employees will feel comfortable approaching HR. It took me getting a job with actual positive company culture to realize how this is NOT normal at other jobs).

They will promise you a certain schedule as a full-time employee and can't deliver. I had to drop over $1000 worth of classes during my employment because their turnover meant they couldn't schedule what they promised me.

Unreliable management. If it's not outright bad/sketchy management, it's unreliable. I have known of several employees from all different locations where management attempted to write them up after incorrectly
  more... scheduling them during their school schedule. Once again, their turnover negatively impacts their employees and if you stay there long term it affects your work/life balance. They also were totally unorganized, and would leave out pending writeup drafts on their computers as those employees clocked in. The rest of the shift I would have to supervise bummed out employees with a massive feeling of dread, that would hang over their head during their shifts. No feelings of job security for them.

To expand on the above, I've seen employees written up for being sick with doctor notes because they didn't have AZ sick time.

Compensation was not good. They will rave about promotions and company culture, but be aware they have high turnover and need to combat that by selling you more responsibilities/harder work ethic. They more than once tried to talk me into putting school on hold so they could transfer me to one of the new districts. Keep in mind many jobs in the area will not require you to work as hard and offer needed benefits like 401k (chuze does not? why? ), and MUCH better health insurance and job advancement. Learn what you can learn in the meantime, but this company, despite what they say, do not follow old-fashioned company values. There is NOT company loyalty and if you feel underpaid (as most supervisors/veteran employees do, as they expect you to tackle on more responsibilities with minimal promotions) after 1.5 years, seriously consider relocating your skills to a company that will pay you for them.

Many of these positive reviews are also operations (management, home office, high positions in the company that don't have to deal with these issues) which I can see clearly from the employment duration

That said, these only become issues after you get settled. Before you're settled, you're still unskilled and can get away with avoiding these things, but eventually, they really erode all sense of a work-life balance and the issues become very apparent.
Pros
vision, dental
Cons
numerous, but only apparent after the first year
Incredible Company
DFM (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 28, 2018
I joined Chuze 6 years ago and have not looked back. It is by far the best company in the Fitness Industry to work for. I myself have worked with every major player in the industry, and have been profoundly impressed with the ethic and employment of Chuze. They strive to give their members the greatest experience possible and that starts by taking care of their employees. The well being of the employees is paramount, and we are continually shown that through praise, rewards, trips, pay, and paid Team outings. Chuze loves to grow from within and focuses on building Team players that can stay with the company for the long haul. The culture here is honest, fun, outgoing, and energetic!!!! I would highly recommend checking Chuze out for your career path!!!
Pros
Paid Team building, great relations, travel at all levels, flexibility, growth.
Cons
n/a